Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

I can see scenario that as these trucks came off the ship, they just started stacking them up in the holding area, as tightly parked as possible because of the continuous inflow but no outflow. So, it's possible that the ones that landed first are going to be the last ones out because they simply can't get to them until they get the most recent ones out of the way. That would suck for the folks that have been waiting longer but we're all just guessing right now.

What we really need is for some folks that live near those ports to stake them out and corner some employees as they come out and then we can get the inside scoop. ;)
Agreed and someone did a drive by Newark and got pics.

Update: smart path just dropped the dates so maybe it was just delivered? 🙏🤞

FYI Helpful advice, ask your dealer if your LC is in A or F status. F means the LC is actually in transit to the dealer.

I had a funny day with my salesman, he updated saying the dates got pushed again to July 16-21st, but literally 5 minutes later he got an email informing him the dates had changed to July 10th-13th!! And went into F status (even tho the timeline showed it hadn't processed yet)! Any day now...

Waiting patiently for my FE. Off quality hold. Dates continue to move back (vehicle is in Portland, waiting to be trucked to the Tri-Cities). The dealership owner told me that the quality issue was that the drain hose for the moonroof was too small. Assume it had to be replaced.

FYI Helpful advice, ask your dealer if your LC is in A or F status. F means the LC is actually in transit to the dealer.

I had a funny day with my salesman, he updated saying the dates got pushed again to July 16-21st, but literally 5 minutes later he got an email informing him the dates had changed to July 10th-13th!! And went into F status (even tho the timeline showed it hadn't processed yet)! Any day now...
Not quite, I believe F020 means it's being processed in the processing facility. And F040 is in transit on rail or truck.

Salesmen should be tarred and feathered for leading you to believe one thing when they know another!

I pressed him for a screen shot of his "Dealer Daily" system..... shows it finished processing on 5-17-24 and no date for the train. He has told me for the last month "It's at the railhead and should be getting loaded on the train any day now"

arrived in Newark end of April/early May...still in transit....

My availability date seems to be narrowing every couple days. Now says 07-10 to 07-12. Might get it by Friday just in time for a trip up to the mountains!

It arrived late yesterday at the dealership. Guess I’m waiting for the wash and final touchups. Dealer is closed for the day.

Attachments

• IMG_2459.jpeg
    IMG_2459.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 83
Thank you! 8 will try that
Just FYI, it’s not like we have some secret back door into their system. I believe all everybody is doing is searching either the inventory on the Toyota website or their dealer and finding the vehicle that has been “promised” to them based on a VIN. Generally, there is an ETA on delivery to the dealer. Below is “mine” as an example.

The system is VERY FAR from perfect. As you can see, delivery could happen as soon as tomorrow but according to the system the dealers use, mine is still on a ship. However, that ship docked on 6/18, has traveled back to Japan, and left on Monday with another load bound for Portland.

1720656810859.png

Last edited:
Ok, I just noticed on the Toyota inventory site that my LC premium is no longer in “build phase”. It now says “maybe in transit”. I see this as positive movement. On the 4th last week the dealer told me that it was awaiting customs clearance at the port. Arrival dates haven’t changed yet, still showing 7/10 - 8/11.
Update: I just noticed that my LC now has a window sticker for the first time. Does this mean that it is on the transport to the dealership?

That looks just like mine! Great minds think alike!
I might have to look at better wheels&tires but I think I’m going to like it. Hopefully they call today so I can at least test drive it.

Update: I just noticed that my LC now has a window sticker for the first time. Does this mean that it is on the transport to the dealership?
From what I understand, that means it's being processed at the regional market processing center, which is the step just before getting loaded on a truck to your dealership. The processing, based on everyone's experiences here can be days to weeks, depending on items being installed at the processing center (for some that's a "port"). Definitely one step closer to you!

From what I understand, that means it's being processed at the regional market processing center, which is the step just before getting loaded on a truck to your dealership. The processing, based on everyone's experiences here can be days to weeks, depending on items being installed at the processing center (for some that's a "port"). Definitely one step closer to you!
Thank you. Hopefully it will only be days not weeks since there are no port installed options on this order.

To be honest all it means is someone pushed a button somewhere.

My FE (sunroof) has had a window sticker for months, finished processing on 5-17-24 but has yet to be loaded on a train.

Hopefully yours will head your way soon, but everyone is just guessing when it comes to vehicles with sunroofs, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why or how they are being processed.

Back