Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

And mine disappeared from the SmartPath and the dealer website…
No easy way to track the date now
Just sit and wait I guess
I've been in the same boat for the past week.

At the same time my listings disappeared from both sites, my salesman reached out to me to let me know that my car was showing movement and had an ETA of 07/12 to 08/01.

When I spoke to my salesman again a few days ago, I was told that my ETA got pushed back - 07/19 to 08/06.

Having waited since 4-12-24 with various dates, hold statuses, processing dates etc...... I can honestly say that, there is no rhyme or reason as to which FE vehicles are processed/shipped/delivered.

(edit) Mine was never listed on the dealer's sight, but was listed on the Toyota site, allocated to my dealer. The only true status has come from the dealer from their "Dealer Daily" screenshot.
Mine was never listed on either

I finally used my "stern Daddy voice" (to quote my daughters) and this got me a call from the sales manager who promised to expedite.

It's been sitting in Newark ready to be loaded on a truck but wouldn't change to F status. I don't have a lot of hope but at least I have their attention.

I've been in the same boat for the past week.

At the same time my listings disappeared from both sites, my salesman reached out to me to let me know that my car was showing movement and had an ETA of 07/12 to 08/01.

When I spoke to my salesman again a few days ago, I was told that my ETA got pushed back - 07/19 to 08/06.
Hail Libertas

(Sorry, i had to)

landed in Newark 5-3-24. Yesterday first delivery date window updated to 7/16/24-7/25/24

Got a call from my salesman, mine was loaded on the train this morning. Now I'll have to wait for the three week train ride to TN.
Which port did yours come into? How sure are you of the "three week train ride"? I wasn't sure if that was hyperbole or if you have experience/knowledge of the schedule. I'm curious because mine left Portland on 7/11. Not sure exactly where it's going to be offloaded from the train because the dealer is in Louisville, KY.

Mine arrived in Portland, Oregon on Memorial Day (May 27th), and then was held up for Quality Control. It was released from Quality Control on June 27th. I was given an ETA between July 10th - July 29th. As of a couple of days ago (July 12th), it was stuck in Lacrosse, Wisconsin. It arrived in Lacrosse, Wisconsin on July 9th. Not sure what the hold up is. I'm in St. Louis, MO. Hoping that it made some progress over this weekend, and hoping it'll arrive at the dealership sometime this upcoming week... We'll see...

Which port did yours come into? How sure are you of the "three week train ride"? I wasn't sure if that was hyperbole or if you have experience/knowledge of the schedule. I'm curious because mine left Portland on 7/11. Not sure exactly where it's going to be offloaded from the train because the dealer is in Louisville, KY.
Portland, and I was just venting, three weeks was the far side of the window. Another member said his took two weeks on the train to Nashville area.

Very happy with my LC premium. Nicer feeling interior than expected even though I saw plenty of videos lol. She had about 5 miles when I bought it and put about 250 on it for a quick trip to the mountains this weekend and the powertrain feels great. Really responsive compared to my 3rd gen Tacoma. The 20” are nice. Still undecided if I’m gonna buy 18s now or just add ATs to the 20s and rock those through the winter. Also, that tow hitch diaper is horrible. Can’t wait till someone offers something a bit better looking for that. Don’t know what Toyota was thinking with that.

Attachments

• IMG_9631.jpeg
    IMG_9631.jpeg
    490.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_9632.jpeg
    IMG_9632.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9628.jpeg
    IMG_9628.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9625.jpeg
    IMG_9625.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9627.jpeg
    IMG_9627.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_9629.jpeg
    IMG_9629.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_9630.jpeg
    IMG_9630.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 99
And mine disappeared from the SmartPath and the dealer website…
No easy way to track the date now
Just sit and wait I guess
Texted the salesman and he said it flipped to freight status (truck) and should be here between July 21st-26th
But he isn’t discarded still could be as early as mid next week as we are only 2:30 drive away from Portland.

It landed on the July 8th and was ready by the 12th
if that is any indication for future orders in terms or how busy is the Portland port.

Mine is in transit status from Newark, NJ as of midday today. Received an e-mail from my salesperson expected at the dealership in Delaware on Wednesday.

Arrived in the Port of Newark on June 7, 2024.
QA lifted week of June 24, 2024.
Estimated delivery to dealer July 17, 2024. Now updated to July 19-26 so who knows when it will be here but in transit.
Approximately 42-49 days from ship offload. (For those interested)

Landcruiser Edition
Heritage Blue w/Java Interior

Hope others that have been waiting on Newark, NJ port Landcruiser's see their status update soon! 🚛

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to what it means in Toyota world when there's no ETA date on a vehicle?

There was one at one point, and there's a window sticker, but there's no window on this vehicle at all.

There are other LC's on the dealer site with ETA's listed, just not the one I have allocated to me.

For me, the time the ETA disappeared was when it was released from port and was in transit to the dealer.

For me, the time the ETA disappeared was when it was released from port and was in transit to the dealer.
Thank you for sharing. I just heard from my salesman. The window is the 24th through the 29th. I'll believe it when I see it, but at least I have an ETA now.

very interesting thing happened. I had a window sticker from 6-12-24. I noticed yesterday (7-15-24), i received an updated window sticker for the SAME VIN. The only difference was they dropped the $360 illuminated door sills.

I have never seen them change the Port Options once the window sticker was made. That was a new one for me. ETA is now listed as 7/17-7/26 (originally arrived in port of Newark 5/3/24).

It's been a long and grueling process.

Mine is in transit status from Newark, NJ as of midday today. Received an e-mail from my salesperson expected at the dealership in Delaware on Wednesday.

Arrived in the Port of Newark on June 7, 2024.
QA lifted week of June 24, 2024.
Estimated delivery to dealer July 17, 2024.
Approximately 40 days from ship offload. (For those interested)

Landcruiser Edition
Heritage Blue w/Java Interior

Hope others that have been waiting on Newark, NJ port Landcruiser's see their status update soon! 🚛
wow you're very lucky, thats very fast. My FE has been waiting since beginning of May in Newark sitting there for 10+ weeks

very interesting thing happened. I had a window sticker from 6-12-24. I noticed yesterday (7-15-24), i received an updated window sticker for the SAME VIN. The only difference was they dropped the $360 illuminated door sills.

I have never seen them change the Port Options once the window sticker was made. That was a new one for me. ETA is now listed as 7/17-7/26 (originally arrived in port of Newark 5/3/24).

It's been a long and grueling process.
Same situation with the door sills. Perhaps there is a parts shortage on them. I’d rather have the vehicle now without fancy light up door sills vs waiting.

Same situation with the door sills. Perhaps there is a parts shortage on them. I’d rather have the vehicle now without fancy light up door sills vs waiting.
100% agree. The door sills do nothing for me personally and ive already waited since Easter

I am curious about the sunroof quality delay. I think it was due to the drain tube needing to be a larger diameter. Is there any consensus on the date that the defect was discovered, and the original problem was addressed in the factories in japan, so that the drain tube used in the factory was the correct size?

Back