Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’m waiting on a LC MS FE. My dealer is not much of a communicator but looking at their web page it looks like my LC is in transit. I also see that the window sticker was printed in 6/27/24. At what point in the process is the window sticker printed.
Welcome to the forum KMO!

Do you know this for a fact????
I think we are guessing that because ours landed at the same time and mine was specked with the FE roof rack, but it’s a LC trim not FE.. and mine dropped the rack and showed a price change - I certainly wanted the rack .. so it leads us to believe it could be a shortage of racks

I think we are guessing that because ours landed at the same time and mine was specked with the FE roof rack, but it’s a LC trim not FE.. and mine dropped the rack and showed a price change - I certainly wanted the rack .. so it leads us to believe it could be a shortage of racks
Bingo, thanks for clarifying.

My salesman updated me today. Further delayed. I'm not sure if the processing date is just perpetually "tomorrow" or if 7/9 is actually a processing estimate.
1000006226.jpg

Feels like a big portion of this problem is behind us...
Marcus Umlauff told me a week ago at the Overland Expo PNW that the delay was a moonroof quality issue and a skid plate supply issue. So finally heard it from the top. Also, my FE just landed at the dealer today. A week ago estimated dates were 7/5-7/11, and the dates dropped off yesterday.

Everyone has been very positive regarding the delivery concerns. Here is little side bar… Our deliver was today at dealership but when it arrived it had been totaled while on the freight truck. In transit an overcrossing peeled the top of the Land Cruiser… so we are starting over!!! Another few weeks…. Again

Everyone has been very positive regarding the delivery concerns. Here is little side bar… Our deliver was today at dealership but when it arrived it had been totaled while on the freight truck. In transit an overcrossing peeled the top of the Land Cruiser… so we are starting over!!! Another few weeks…. Again
That really sucks dirty pond water! 🥲

That really sucks… sorry to hear!

…but any pics because that is also crazy!!😳

Oh man...Hope it wasn't an FE. I had something similar happen with a custom smoker I had order during Covid. It was scheduled to arrive before the start of the football season but had tumbled in the truck and was a total loss.

Where you there when it arrived and did you know what happened before it arrived?

I do NOT trust the system the dealers are using to determine ETA's. Mine was delivered on the ship "Century Highway Green" that arrived on 6/18. The latest update on their system showed that it arrived on 6/18 but still says that its on a vessel. That ship has already gone back to Japan and left this morning with a new load coming back to Portland.

The problem is that they don't have any statuses to show in the system between "Vessal Arrived" and "Processing". However, as someone already explained, this system was never designed to be consumer-facing like Amazon where you get a tracking number and can see every step along the way where it's at. That doesn't make it any less frustrating. Argghh!
Mine was on the same ship. Coming to just outside Knoxville. According to dealer last sighting on rail was 7/3 in Parsons, KS.

Mine was on the same ship. Coming to just outside Knoxville. According to dealer last sighting on rail was 7/3 in Parsons, KS.
I do NOT trust the system the dealers are using to determine ETA's. Mine was delivered on the ship "Century Highway Green" that arrived on 6/18. The latest update on their system showed that it arrived on 6/18 but still says that its on a vessel. That ship has already gone back to Japan and left this morning with a new load coming back to Portland.

The problem is that they don't have any statuses to show in the system between "Vessal Arrived" and "Processing". However, as someone already explained, this system was never designed to be consumer-facing like Amazon where you get a tracking number and can see every step along the way where it's at. That doesn't make it any less frustrating. Argghh!
PS. Mine is a 1958 and has a roof rack

Was feeling optimistic with some of the more recent posts of deliveries. RK 1326 FE Heritage Blue built 3/21. Idk when it arrived in Newark but I’m sure it’s been a while. Due date now is 7/10.

Woke up this morning to:
“Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 07/16/24 - 07/18/24“ from SmartPath.
😡 ($@(;-£>~%*£+?,|]@):-,!!?’

Your dealer has a way to track via rail ?

Back