Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

My dates have changed 3 times in the last week. OG estimate after hold release was 7/1-7/6 ... that changed to 7/5-7/10 and now it says 7/7-7/12, its frustrating (I feel your pain). My sales guy said he think it's just truck drivers & port workers taking off the 4th weekend, which I do believe.

Ff it keeps doing this next week tho, I'm going to look into another option.
My original dates, and subsequent changes are identical. I keep waiting on a window sticker to indicate its processed. Frustrating. This is for a MD dealership. Our LC's were probably on the same boat, and are likely sitting right next to each other.

My original dates, and subsequent changes are identical. I keep waiting on a window sticker to indicate its processed. Frustrating. This is for a MD dealership. Our LC's were probably on the same boat, and are likely sitting right next to each other.
My dealer is in New Jersey, so probably, mine arrived at the Newark port back on May 22nd.

My build date was 6/7 and I would assume it’s not on hold. Landed on port 6/29 and haven’t seen any movement yet.
Ok, I just noticed on the Toyota inventory site that my LC premium is no longer in “build phase”. It now says “maybe in transit”. I see this as positive movement. On the 4th last week the dealer told me that it was awaiting customs clearance at the port. Arrival dates haven’t changed yet, still showing 7/10 - 8/11.

There’s a Meteor Shower LC trim with Premium Package showing up in the Cleveland area in July - 20” wheels, roof rack, cargo mat. Just under $71k sticker. If anyone is interested let me know and I can give you contact info.
This one - the car I was originally intent on buying - has now been pushed back again. 8/10-8/30 is the new estimated availability. It was initially expected in early to mid June. Glad I gave up waiting.

I do NOT trust the system the dealers are using to determine ETA's. Mine was delivered on the ship "Century Highway Green" that arrived on 6/18. The latest update on their system showed that it arrived on 6/18 but still says that its on a vessel. That ship has already gone back to Japan and left this morning with a new load coming back to Portland.

The problem is that they don't have any statuses to show in the system between "Vessal Arrived" and "Processing". However, as someone already explained, this system was never designed to be consumer-facing like Amazon where you get a tracking number and can see every step along the way where it's at. That doesn't make it any less frustrating. Argghh!

Feels like a big portion of this problem is behind us and I'm still here waiting on a LC that landed in Portland on 5/12. Dealer seems like he is sick of me asking him about it, but I'm sick of sitting here with no update from Toyota (not the dealer's fault at all).

Makes me want to just get the deposit refunded and wait to buy a '25 (or just buy a 200 series)

Feels like a big portion of this problem is behind us and I'm still here waiting on a LC that landed in Portland on 5/12. Dealer seems like he is sick of me asking him about it, but I'm sick of sitting here with no update from Toyota (not the dealer's fault at all).

Makes me want to just get the deposit refunded and wait to buy a '25 (or just buy a 200 series)
Well, if you go that route, "I know a guy" that has a great 200 series (LX570) in very good shape and very clean. You can reach him at BigMF here on the forum. 😂

1720465600813.jpeg

I do NOT trust the system the dealers are using to determine ETA's. Mine was delivered on the ship "Century Highway Green" that arrived on 6/18. The latest update on their system showed that it arrived on 6/18 but still says that its on a vessel. That ship has already gone back to Japan and left this morning with a new load coming back to Portland.

The problem is that they don't have any statuses to show in the system between "Vessal Arrived" and "Processing". However, as someone already explained, this system was never designed to be consumer-facing like Amazon where you get a tracking number and can see every step along the way where it's at. That doesn't make it any less frustrating. Argghh!
Our vehicles were on the same ship. My dealer last week said his system showed mine now processing on the July 11th but it originally showed processing on June 29th. Delivery window has now slipped to July 16th-August 13th. He said set expectations towards the end of the delivery window. Agree, the system doesn't really accurately predict delivery with seemingly random port processing. My guess is mine is being held up for low availability of the roof rack on the First Edition. Other members with roof racks specced on LC trims have had them drop off recently so we know supply is still an issue. Hang tight. From everything we keep hearing, they are worth the wait.

Our vehicles were on the same ship. My dealer last week said his system showed mine now processing on the July 11th but it originally showed processing on June 29th. Delivery window has now slipped to July 16th-August 13th. He said set expectations towards the end of the delivery window. Agree, the system doesn't really accurately predict delivery with seemingly random port processing. My guess is mine is being held up for low availability of the roof rack on the First Edition. Other members with roof racks specced on LC trims have had them drop off recently so we know supply is still an issue. Hang tight. From everything we keep hearing, they are worth the wait.
Fortunately, I do NOT have the rack specced originally but did have the cross bars. Honestly, if they decide to remove those, I'd be very happy since I didn't want them to begin with. Mine still shows delivery ETA of 7/11 - 7/30 in Louisville, KY. Where is your dealer?

BTW, my wife and I now have 4 rescued pets and we keep up with their littermates and that's how I kinda feel like with these Land Cruisers....yours and mine are in the same "litter". :)

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’m waiting on a LC MS FE. My dealer is not much of a communicator but looking at their web page it looks like my LC is in transit. I also see that the window sticker was printed in 6/27/24. At what point in the process is the window sticker printed.

Fortunately, I do NOT have the rack specced originally but did have the cross bars. Honestly, if they decide to remove those, I'd be very happy since I didn't want them to begin with. Mine still shows delivery ETA of 7/11 - 7/30 in Louisville, KY. Where is your dealer?

BTW, my wife and I now have 4 rescued pets and we keep up with their littermates and that's how I kinda feel like with these Land Cruisers....yours and mine are in the same "litter". :)
Well… meet ur newest sister from another mister - 😁 my LC trim landed there with u guys .. still waiting for news 😵‍💫

Our dealer is in Missouri. Probably will ship on the same train if they process close to the same time frame.

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’m waiting on a LC MS FE. My dealer is not much of a communicator but looking at their web page it looks like my LC is in transit. I also see that the window sticker was printed in 6/27/24. At what point in the process is the window sticker printed.
Who really knows … I was told when it is leaving port (by whichever method) mine shows “window sticker”. But .. nothing occurs when I click on it, nothing at all ..

When in the process are they able to print the window sticker?

When in the process are they able to print the window sticker?
No one on this forum seems to know the answer to this question. Crickets...

Back