Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Got the “call” this morning. I emphasized to not drill the front plate on. Canceled all of the day’s meetings and I arrived at Kearny Mesa Toyota at 2pm. I Chopped it up with the finance guy and got the overview from the sales dude. Whole process took about an hour. Enjoy your taco Tuesday and the pix

Why did you ask them to not drill the front plate?

Asked the dealer again yesterday on my LC FE that I put a deposit down on. They reiterated that it’s not a QC issue. They were waiting for parts for the options that this FE has. I don’t know what to believe now. If it is a QC issue, did anyone get an official answer? Dealer said the air bag issue was with the Highlander, not the FE. Appreciate any insight.
I could be completely wrong about this, but I was supposed to have a land cruiser premium package with the roof rack that also comes on the FE, mine showed that roof rack drop off this past week and now I have a Land Cruiser trim coming in with the roof rack omitted. I didn’t ask for that I wanted it / and my dealer didn’t ask for that so I have to wonder if they did not have the parts to put that on as it was specked and since it is a land cruiser grade, they technically can do that, but they can’t do that with an FE. This would be my guess if I were in your situation.

Has anyone with a build date in June (like mine - Tahara built - 6/13/24) or significantly after the 5/17 hold was imposed, seen theirs be put on hold upon arrival at ports? Or can we assume that whatever issue caused the hold was solved on vehicles built after its discovery?

Last edited:
Has anyone with a build date in June (like mine 6/13/24, or significantly after the 5/17 hold was imposed) seen theirs be put on hold upon arrival at ports? Or can assume that whatever issue caused the hold was solved on vehicles built after its discovery?
My build date was 5/27 and supposedly mine is not on a hold - it’s a land cruiser, premium package

Has anyone with a build date in June (like mine 6/13/24, or significantly after the 5/17 hold was imposed) seen theirs be put on hold upon arrival at ports? Or can assume that whatever issue caused the hold was solved on vehicles built after its discovery?
My build date was 6/7 and I would assume it’s not on hold. Landed on port 6/29 and haven’t seen any movement yet.

My build date was 6/7 and I would assume it’s not on hold. Landed on port 6/29 and haven’t seen any movement yet.
Mine made Portland 6/18 - following week roof rack omitted-dates started changing BUT… today a window sticker now appears - according to dealer, it is on rail at that point . So a week to week glance of what mine was like

Hey guys. I have been following this forum and thread for a couple months now. I just joined. My LC came off of QC hold last week Friday. It has been in the Portland port since May first. Question for all of you: After yours came off of QC hold how long did it take to get on the train to head to the midwest area?

Hey guys. I have been following this forum and thread for a couple months now. I just joined. My LC came off of QC hold last week Friday. It has been in the Portland port since May first. Question for all of you: After yours came off of QC hold how long did it take to get on the train to head to the midwest area?
Mine has been in Portland since 4/22, it came off the QC hold with the others and shows delivery to the dealer 7/3-7/5. Originally 6/27 — 7/2 but it’s moved out a few days. Hopefully soon and I’ll book a flight down to OR to pick it up.

Mine has been in Portland since 4/22, it came off the QC hold with the others and shows delivery to the dealer 7/3-7/5. Originally 6/27 — 7/2 but it’s moved out a few days. Hopefully soon and I’ll book a flight down to OR to pick it up.
I have an estimated date of 7/7 - 7/24 I have another one with a deposit that has a date of 7/4 - 7/22 that is already on the train but I have to drive further to pick it up... Was wondering if there was a pattern of how many days after its off of QC hold have people seen the status change to left on rail?

I could be completely wrong about this, but I was supposed to have a land cruiser premium package with the roof rack that also comes on the FE, mine showed that roof rack drop off this past week and now I have a Land Cruiser trim coming in with the roof rack omitted. I didn’t ask for that I wanted it / and my dealer didn’t ask for that so I have to wonder if they did not have the parts to put that on as it was specked and since it is a land cruiser grade, they technically can do that, but they can’t do that with an FE. This would be my guess if I were in your situation.
Thank you. After having an FJ since 2007, this will be my first LC so I’m getting anxious but I also want it done right from the get go.

Thank you. After having an FJ since 2007, this will be my first LC so I’m getting anxious but I also want it done right from the get go.
I’ve owned all kinds of car brands - I’m most comfortable buying Toyota - my whole family only buys Toyotas - so there may have been a hiccup here or there with sunroof, but I really think that Toyota did the right thing and fixed them as soon as they found out. I have all of my trust in this land cruiser. And I feel pretty good about that.

I’ve owned all kinds of car brands - I’m most comfortable buying Toyota - my whole family only buys Toyotas - so there may have been a hiccup here or there with sunroof, but I really think that Toyota did the right thing and fixed them as soon as they found out. I have all of my trust in this land cruiser. And I feel pretty good about that.
Appreciate you sharing. This will be my 2rd Toyota and most expensive one yet. Hope LC lives up to its reputation

Any idea how long these are taking to be processed after QC hold is lifted? My estimated delivery dates are starting to creep further out. 7/1-7/5 is now 7/5-7/10
I have the same thing going on with mine. It is still in Newark, NJ and if you are in the Northeast assuming that yours is there as well. I am at 7/5-7/7 as of yesterday, but still do not have a window sticker posted. Keeping my fingers crossed it shows up Friday or Saturday. 7/4/2024 Update now has 7/7-7/9 and still no window sticker so not sure I trust any of the dates are SmartPath as they have changed four times in the last week.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. I love the grey 18" wheels on the Land Cruiser grade (vs. the black 18" wheels on First Edition). And I still prefer the rectangular headlights (vs. round). PS: I'd remove the hybrid badge and dealer sticker from the back (for a cleaner look). I plan to do that with my incoming Meteor Shower Land Cruiser (LC grade).
The wheels looks decent. I love the squared headlights, give it a mean look. The Rigid fog lights with amber color looks really cool. I was thinking to leave them on all the time.
Agree with you on removing the dealer logo and iForce Max logo.

Got the “call” this morning. I emphasized to not drill the front plate on. Canceled all of the day’s meetings and I arrived at Kearny Mesa Toyota at 2pm. I Chopped it up with the finance guy and got the overview from the sales dude. Whole process took about an hour. Enjoy your taco Tuesday and the pix

View attachment 3838View attachment 3848
The boys approve?

Back