LandCruiserSteve

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 21, 2024
Media
Prescott, AZ
Vehicles
2024 1958 Land Cruiser, 1979 FJ40 Land Cruiser, 2007 FJ Cruiser
20240721_112923.png

After one whole week of ownership, I'm pleased with my purchase of a brand-new 1958 model LC. It drives nice and it's very comfortable ergonomically. It has a fantastic amount of interior headroom and shoulder room, especially for someone who is 6'4" tall and 275 pounds.

The only thing that I might have to get used to is its "get-up-and-go" acceleration. Wow. Just a light touch of the gas pedal gets you moving with no hesitation. And, a slightly heavier pressing of the gas pedal will literally push you back in your seat as you're zipping down the street at a very brisk pace.

So far on my small list of things that need to be addressed by the dealer is noticeable wind noise coming from the area of the upper portion of the driver side door beginning at about 50-55mph.

The other thing that I need to get taken care of is the location of the already-installed "dash cam," which I consider to be a visual safety hazard. (See photo below taken from the driver's seat.)

Otherwise, no buyers remorse whatsoever from this proud new owner of Toyota's latest version of the infamous Land Cruiser.

20240727_153918.jpg

Last edited:
Great to hear.

Question if you don't mind: Do you by chance notice what kind of gas mileage you are getting? My first tank was 15 mpg. 1/2 of the miles were short in town trips. 1/2 were freeway. Seemed a bit on the low side.

Enjoy that new LC!

Great to hear.

Question if you don't mind: Do you by chance notice what kind of gas mileage you are getting? My first tank was 15 mpg. 1/2 of the miles were short in town trips. 1/2 were freeway. Seemed a bit on the low side.

Enjoy that new LC!

Great to hear.

Enjoy that new LC!
Reset you MPG meter, you might get a pleasant surprise.

Great to hear.

Enjoy that new LC!
Iโ€™m about a tank into mine and a little on the skinny peddle and mine showing around 20.7mpg. Both city and freeway:

I love how you listed your weight, this post is so wholesome!
Well, I generally don't disclose that information since it often evokes emotions of envy. ๐Ÿคฃ (Actually, my true weight is 200 pounds of solid muscle . . . . plus another 75 pounds of wholesome fat. ๐Ÿฅด)

Back