Westcott Collar Lift shopping

trek805

📛 Founding Member
Aug 29, 2024
Media
Camarillo, ca
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958
Im interested in the 2.5" lift from Westscott. Anyone have experience with this kit or other recommended kits? Thanks in advance.

I had mine installed last week. No difference in ride, however in terms of lift I got the full 1" in the rear but only just over 1.5" up front. Waiting to hear back from Westcott to see if that's normal.

I had mine installed last week. No difference in ride, however in terms of lift I got the full 1" in the rear but only just over 1.5" up front. Waiting to hear back from Westcott to see if that's normal.
Would you mind posting a pic of the side straight on like in the pic below? The pic below is from the Westcott install video, but I've seen other LCs with this lift that ended up with reverse rake.

Screenshot 2024-09-08 at 3.14.15 PM.png

Westcott was front and rear, and very subtle. I had their collars on my 4Runner TRD Pro and I feel the company is very responsive to issues and willing to discuss. Jeff has even posted his cell phone number in multiple spots if anyone has issues. There are other options out there now (Peak Suspension, which is a complete copy of Westcott) but I feel most comfortable with Westcott from past experiences.

I ordered westcott lift, but the lift company told me to be careful as people report a "pogo stick" kinda ride with this kinda lift?? Anyone feel like this lift has worsened the ride quality? Thanks

Had mine for a week and havent noticed anything... which company told you this?

Local business who only does custom lifts. This company has lifted 3 vehicles for my over the last 10 years, so i trust them but maybe the LC responds better to a collar lift than other vehicles????

I had the Westcott collar on my 4Runner TRD Pro with no complaints either.

That being said, it is certainly the cheap way of doing things, and no real performance gain. If you do any amount of real offroading, this wouldnt be the best solution. I figure its a good placeholder till everyone comes out with their solutions and go from there.

WOW, 35's look great!! Like they belong.....
I love the heritage color!!!!

Installed them on my LC 250, no change to ride quality, tiny rake. Ordered a suspension package from KING.

Attachments

• IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 74
Had the Westcott pre-collar lift installed about 3 weeks ago now along with 17" wheels and 35x12.5 tires.

Floor to fender
- Rear = 39.5"
- Front = 39"

So there's still a slight rake...

View attachment 11064
Any issues with the tires rubbing? Other than the lift, did you need to make any other changes to accomodate the 35s? Maybe you could post a pic from the front showing the poke? Thanks for sharing your build!

You don't need a lift to run 35" tires.

I wouldn't run a spring compression lift like this on a Tonka Toy.
I ordered westcott lift, but the lift company told me to be careful as people report a "pogo stick" kinda ride with this kinda lift?? Anyone feel like this lift has worsened the ride quality? Thanks

This youtube channel did a blind comparison of different lift options on a Tacoma.

I wouldn't run a lift that artificially compresses a spring on a Tonka Toy.

What MPGs are you all getting on larger tires? Would like to know what tire and what the MPG on the dash reads

Back