Sold After 38 Days!!??

I have to agree, the person paying this kind of money for a Toyota does have a very different mindset from someone with similar budget for a ‘luxury’ brand. It’s just a different value system & way of thinking. I see it too in where one chooses to buy a home. My neighborhood you will pay more for a smaller older house without modern amenities compared to newer neighborhoods with more homes to choose from, yet you’re rewarded with location & community.

It’s not right or wrong, yet I don’t think the market is that small, I see people all the time on Toyota forums trading in (or keeping if they can) 10-15yo Toyotas as they’ve thoroughly enjoyed them & felt it was a good enough value purchase to warrant another. I just hope Toyota can keep up their reputation for reliability as it’s what their customers have come to expect & are willing to pay for.
💯

I love my LC premium …. The only complaint I have is the auto start on fob and/or app is very very very sloooooooooow! The app to unlock and lock is like 1991 dial up internet… even with WiFi (fastest speed) on my phone… hopefully this problem gets resolved… now if I just act like it has no auto start or don’t use app…. The fob works fine. The app loves to harass me as well😜😜😜 like a stalker

I love my LC premium …. The only complaint I have is the auto start on fob and/or app is very very very sloooooooooow! The app to unlock and lock is like 1991 dial up internet… even with WiFi (fastest speed) on my phone… hopefully this problem gets resolved… now if I just act like it has no auto start or don’t use app…. The fob works fine. The app loves to harass me as well😜😜😜 like a stalker
I actually havnt tried any of that yet

I am not sure what was so difficult for him I find everything easy to understand I haven’t even looked at manuals so far I am very content with this vehicle the only down side is that Toyota advertised 25mpg on highway and I only get 17mpg not even close.

To each their own. I'm loving mine. Some of his complaints are the reasons I love mine. The T.S.S. stuff is great IMHO. But I also knew exactly what I was buying when it came to those options. For example, I was in bumper to bumper I-70 traffic here in Denver the other day and using the DRCC, and then the traffic jam assist came on. It worked amazingly well! First vehicle I have had with that level of dynamic cruise control and I'm loving it. My previous Tacomas had 2.5, if I remember correctly.

Is the LC perfect? No, of course not, and neither were the dozens of vehicles I've owned before this one. There are things I don't like about it, but they are very few compared to the positives.

Again, to each their own, but I think we all know that type of person/buyer. The type that will be "annoyed" by a dozen different things no matter what vehicle they purchase. What makes them truly happy is the complaining part. But hey, that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.
From the DRCC on down, I could've written that post. I agree with everything you say there.
I only have 260-ish miles on my LC, so I haven't come up with my list yet.
The 24th Tacoma off-road I had was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned which have mostly been trucks.
That is why I went for the LC after I totaled that thing and essentially walked away from a 90 MPH crash, though not unscathed. I didn't die, and I did not suffer serious injury, that I know of yet. Will be having an MRI in the next few weeks.
I've owned 3 Ford Rangers, a '19, '21 and '22, I think it was. The last one was a Tremor and it was dumping gasoline into the oil.
Ford knew of the issue but did not know how to fix it.
Had a '22 Colorado V6 and a '23 redesigned Colorado Z71. I hated them both for various reasons. All of those mention vehicles, the dislikes outweigh the likes. This is why I advise people to rent a vehicle for a long weekend, at least and drive it and work that infotainment center which, by itself can be extremely annoying and a deal killer. Unfortunately I did not follow my own advice.
Not gonna mention all I've had and I'm really hoping to keep this LC. My wife doesn't know what the sticker is. I started off leasing it so that I can turn around and purchase it for the residual value, I hope.
But so far, I am definitely loving this LC except for having to use premium gasoline. It won't bother me so much when it's paid off. I'm even going to look into whether or not adding octane booster is OK and if it is, is it cheaper than paying a dollar more per gallon over regular which has up to $18 a tankful more. Has anyone checked into that yet?

From the DRCC on down, I could've written that post. I agree with everything you say there.
I only have 260-ish miles on my LC, so I haven't come up with my list yet.
The 24th Tacoma off-road I had was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned which have mostly been trucks.
That is why I went for the LC after I totaled that thing and essentially walked away from a 90 MPH crash, though not unscathed. I didn't die, and I did not suffer serious injury, that I know of yet. Will be having an MRI in the next few weeks.
I've owned 3 Ford Rangers, a '19, '21 and '22, I think it was. The last one was a Tremor and it was dumping gasoline into the oil.
Ford knew of the issue but did not know how to fix it.
Had a '22 Colorado V6 and a '23 redesigned Colorado Z71. I hated them both for various reasons. All of those mention vehicles, the dislikes outweigh the likes. This is why I advise people to rent a vehicle for a long weekend, at least and drive it and work that infotainment center which, by itself can be extremely annoying and a deal killer. Unfortunately I did not follow my own advice.
Not gonna mention all I've had and I'm really hoping to keep this LC. My wife doesn't know what the sticker is. I started off leasing it so that I can turn around and purchase it for the residual value, I hope.
But so far, I am definitely loving this LC except for having to use premium gasoline. It won't bother me so much when it's paid off. I'm even going to look into whether or not adding octane booster is OK and if it is, is it cheaper than paying a dollar more per gallon over regular which has up to $18 a tankful more. Has anyone checked into that yet?
You must’ve enjoyed the Rangers to have 3 in a row at least up until the point where Ford couldn’t fix the last one. Were the first 2 pretty problem free? The Ranger is on my shortlist to check out. Particularly if i decide I still like Ford, as ford offers nothing in a fixed roof midsize non family wagon segment unlike the multitude of TNGA-F offerings from Toyota.

I'm even going to look into whether or not adding octane booster is OK and if it is, is it cheaper than paying a dollar more per gallon over regular which has up to $18 a tankful more. Has anyone checked into that yet?
I think it has been reported, in this forum, NOT to use the octane booster with a certain chemical in it. Though it escapes me what the name of that chemical was..

I think it has been reported, in this forum, NOT to use the octane booster with a certain chemical in it. Though it escapes me what the name of that chemical was..
Thank you I do remember reading that a while back and I'll look into it to see if I can find it. Thank you for your reply.

Is it me or is it more noticeable that people at least here in North America (not all) obviously do not value what they have. 38 days later and got rid of the new car. In contrast I see people for example in Europe they get a new car they love it and treat it what it’s worth and really drive it for years to come. They appreciate things a little more.

You must’ve enjoyed the Rangers to have 3 in a row at least up until the point where Ford couldn’t fix the last one. Were the first 2 pretty problem free? The Ranger is on my shortlist to check out. Particularly if i decide I still like Ford, as ford offers nothing in a fixed roof midsize non family wagon segment unlike the multitude of TNGA-F offerings from Toyota.
I actually was a week away from receiving the newly design 2024 ranger when I stopped in Toyota and fell in love with that Tacoma off-road that I purchased. They were a few and far in between around here.

The first '19 Ranger had lots of electrical issues. It took six weeks for them to test one thing and replace it and test another thing and replace it until he finally found out it was the ECU.

The controls on the left side of the steering wheel stop working and could not work the menu in the instrument panel.

I tried telling them to go to the ECU which was the source of power but they said they had to follow specific guidelines from Ford or they wouldn't get paid.

There was no power to the switches on the left side of the steering wheel so that's what they replaced. I told them if there's no power there you have to go back to the source that supplies power there. They didn't listen to me.

Then they did the same thing to the right hand side where there was one of the controls not working. Reiterated what I told them the first time about the ECU after . They finally determined it was the ECU after no fixie the 2nd time. It took about six weeks to get all that done having to wait on parts.

The 21 ranger was the tremor. The only issue with that was dumping gas into the oil.
I had driven it hard for a couple days going from Central Florida to Helen, Georgia parentheses which is cool little German hamlet town a bit north of Atlanta)

We got home in the evening and I parked the truck in the garage. The next morning I went into the garage and I could smell that gasoline oil mixture so Monday morning I went right down to the Ford dealership and they smelled it and did an oil change on it immediately. The mechanic came back with the oil filter and it looked like colored gasoline.

Ford knew of the problem but did not know how to fix them. They just had the dealership replace fuel injectors and some other stuff on top there.
They had the truck for 15 days waiting on parts so I filed the lemon law when I got it back.
They were pretty cool about it. I told them my concern was how much damage was done to that engine because it's not meant to be run with gasoline in the oil especially with the amount I had in it.

They readily agreed to just buy the truck back and gave me a $1500 credit for another Ford.
So I had two different non-related issues with those first two.

Then I got the six cylinder F150 and it was a piece of crap. It had a bad shimmy and the head mechanic agreed with me but couldn't tell what it was from the beginning and looked at a couple things he thought it was might be but it wasn't. Then the Director rode with me in the truck and denied feeling it. I said look at the steering wheel shaking but he was an idiot.

So I traded that truck to Carvana for the next ranger. one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life!
Everything went pretty smooth and the truck looked great. I know some little scratches on the car drivers door and I mentioned it to the driver.

I looked underneath the truck and noticed it looked like it had a new front-axle driveshaft.
I took the truck for a little ride before the driver left. The truck handled well and held the road straight. no problem I thought until I went to a body shop after talking to Carvana a few days later about the scratches on the door. They had told me to go get an estimate.

When the shop owner came out to my truck, before even getting all the way up to it he said this truck has been wrecked and he started pointing out the different things. He came up with a $1500 estimate. He showed me how the drivers door wasn't even aligned right by whoever did a repair on it. He could tell someone had worked on that truck.
Carvana declined my request for a refund or to fix the vehicle and even claimed that the driver denied that I ever showed her the scratches on the door. I should've filmed it with my phone.

So it really wasn't technically a lemon but that's why I got rid of that and went to the Chevy Colorado's.

After all that, I was prepared to try that new 24 ranger and would've gotten it had they had not had this one Tacoma off-road on the lot.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: MJE
Is it me or is it more noticeable that people at least here in North America (not all) obviously do not value what they have. 38 days later and got rid of the new car. In contrast I see people for example in Europe they get a new car they love it and treat it what it’s worth and really drive it for years to come. They appreciate things a little more.
We all have our reasons when we do this and many of us just like to be up-to-date especially when newly design models come out. That was why I traded my 22 Colorado for a 23 Colorado.
Unless we grew up with a silver spoon in our mouths or spoiled rotten from mommy and daddy, most of us do value what we have and have worked hard for.
Then there were those who were never taught to care for what they had to work hard for and they let their new vehicles just go to crap. I've seen people who bragged about never having wash their cars or trucks over 10 or 20 years that they've had it. Of course it showed.

I can understand some of the "annoyances" he is talking about; which I have not experenced any of the infotainment are electrical mishaps he reported. The starting from stop delay is something I am getting adjusted to as it is more of a timing for me as to when to start giving it gas to switch from the battery to engine engagement and it can be smooth if you learn the way it works and work with it (pretty smooth) I have noticed the jerky transition in breaking from engine to battery (not annoyed yet) but another thing to adjust to. Overall I enjoy the LC and I actually like the simple looking interior. I do not like it looking like a 5 star hotel because it is for that matter an Overlander not a princess. So far so good. I hope the power plant holds up in durability. I trust that it was built and QC in Japan and not the US or Mexico. Also on this engine Toyota and BMW consulted and used each others technology to build this engine.

I actually was a week away from receiving the newly design 2024 ranger when I stopped in Toyota and fell in love with that Tacoma off-road that I purchased. They were a few and far in between around here.

The first '19 Ranger had lots of electrical issues. It took six weeks for them to test one thing and replace it and test another thing and replace it until he finally found out it was the ECU.

The controls on the left side of the steering wheel stop working and could not work the menu in the instrument panel.

I tried telling them to go to the ECU which was the source of power but they said they had to follow specific guidelines from Ford or they wouldn't get paid.

There was no power to the switches on the left side of the steering wheel so that's what they replaced. I told them if there's no power there you have to go back to the source that supplies power there. They didn't listen to me.

Then they did the same thing to the right hand side where there was one of the controls not working. Reiterated what I told them the first time about the ECU after . They finally determined it was the ECU after no fixie the 2nd time. It took about six weeks to get all that done having to wait on parts.

The 21 ranger was the tremor. The only issue with that was dumping gas into the oil.
I had driven it hard for a couple days going from Central Florida to Helen, Georgia parentheses which is cool little German hamlet town a bit north of Atlanta)

We got home in the evening and I parked the truck in the garage. The next morning I went into the garage and I could smell that gasoline oil mixture so Monday morning I went right down to the Ford dealership and they smelled it and did an oil change on it immediately. The mechanic came back with the oil filter and it looked like colored gasoline.

Ford knew of the problem but did not know how to fix them. They just had the dealership replace fuel injectors and some other stuff on top there.
They had the truck for 15 days waiting on parts so I filed the lemon law when I got it back.
They were pretty cool about it. I told them my concern was how much damage was done to that engine because it's not meant to be run with gasoline in the oil especially with the amount I had in it.

They readily agreed to just buy the truck back and gave me a $1500 credit for another Ford.

Then I got the six cylinder F150 and it was a piece of crap. It had a bad shimmy and the head mechanic agreed with me but couldn't tell what it was from the beginning and looked at a couple things he thought it was might be but it wasn't. Then the Director rode with me in the truck and denied feeling it. I said look at the steering wheel shaking but he was an idiot.

So I traded that truck to Carvana for the next ranger. one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life!
Everything went pretty smooth and the truck looked great. I know some little scratches on the car drivers door and I mentioned it to the driver.

I looked underneath the truck and noticed it looked like it had a new front-axle driveshaft.
I took the truck for a little ride before the driver left. The truck handled well and held the road straight. no problem I thought until I went to a body shop after talking to Carvana a few days later about the scratches on the door. They had told me to go get an estimate.

When the shop owner came out to my truck, before even getting all the way up to it he said this truck has been wrecked and he started pointing out the different things. He came up with a $1500 estimate. He showed me how the drivers door wasn't even aligned right by whoever did a repair on it. He could tell someone had worked on that truck.
Carvana declined my request for a refund or to fix the vehicle and even claimed that the driver denied that I ever showed her the scratches on the door. I should've filmed it with my phone.

So it really wasn't technically a lemon but that's why I got rid of that and went to the Chevy Colorado's.

After all that, I was prepared to try that new 24 ranger and would've gotten it had they had not had this one Tacoma off-road on the lot.

For the love of sweet Baby Jesus..

I bought a BRAN SPANKIN NEW 2015 Transit 350, long wheel base, extended body, in Idaho four months after they were introduced to the market. I could write a book about the crappy quality, crappy service, and crappy Ford extended bumper to bumper warranty.

To this day, I never know if the windshield wipers are gong to work when I turn them on. No matter how many times I complained, to multiple service departments, it fell on deaf ears. To this day, when I park the van in the evening, I turn the wipers ON after the engine is off, so that I will immediately know the next time I start the engine, if I am going to have wipers that day should I need them. Then, later in the day, despite working that morning, they may not work when needed.

The water drains off of the HUGE front windshield, down onto the air filter box, which is on the passenger side under the hood, which leaks water into the box, ruining the air filter. FMC made a fix, a new airbox lid, after three years of owners complaining to the government watchdogs, but neglected to do so for those of us who were beta testers in 2015. The windshield also pours water directly onto the ECU on the drivers side of the engine compartment, where a huge wiring harness plugs into it. I have to unplug that harness, clean the contacts, add dielectric grease to the plug, and plug it back in, on a regular basis.

The door handle on the side sliding cargo door fell off, within the original factory bumper to bumper warranty period. NO dealer would fix it. They all said that FORD motor company denies to pay them to put another one on.

Ford was in the red for a couple of years. A new CFO took over, and bragged that he would put FORD MOTOR COMPANY back hit black, over night, with the stroke of a pen. HOW???? He simply rewrote what FMC would repair under warranty, no matter what the original warranty stated.. BOOM!!!! FMC was back in the black, within a week.

I will NEVER buy another FORD product.. EVER…

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead.

NEVER AGAIN…

Last edited:
For the love of sweet Baby Jesus..

I bought a BRAN SPANKIN NEW 2015 Transit 350, long wheel base, extended body, in Idaho four months after they were introduced to the market. I could write a book about the crappy quality, crappy service, and crappy Ford extended bumper to bumper warranty.

To this day, I never know if the windshield wipers are gong to work when I turn them on. No matter how many times I complained, to multiple service departments, it fell on deaf ears. To this day, when I park the van in the evening, I turn the wipers ON after the engine is off, so that I will immediately know the next time I start the engine, if I am going to have wipers that day should I need them. Then, later in the day, despite working that morning, they may not work when needed.

The water drains off of the HUGE front windshield, down onto the air filter box, which leaks water into the box, ruining the air filter. FMC made a fix, a new airbox lid, after three years of owners complaining to the government watchdogs, but neglected to do so for those of us who were beta testers in 2015. The windshield also pours water directly onto the ECU on the drivers side of the engine compartment, where a huge wiring harness plugs into it. I have to unplug that harness, clean the contacts, add dielectric grease to the plug, and plug it back in, on a regular basis.

The door handle on the side sliding cargo door fell off, within the original factory bumper to bumper warranty period. NO dealer would fix it. They all said that FORD motor company denies to pay them to put another one on.

Ford was in the red for a couple of years. A new CFO took over, and bragged that he would put FORD MOTOR COMPANY back hit black, over night, with the stroke of a pen. HOW???? He simply rewrote what FMC would repair under warranty, no matter what the original warranty stated.. BOOM!!!! FMC was back in the black, within a week.

I will NEVER buy another FORD product.. EVER…

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead.

NEVER AGAIN…
I take this a step farther. I will never buy an American made/American built car again.

Wow you have incredible patience for Fords! If I had half the problems I wouldn’t consider another. Thanks for taking the time to share your story, as I contemplate what to do for me. I’ve had rock solid reliable Fords of all eras from 89 to present in the 2000s to today. So when I had so many little things go wrong with a 2020 Explorer, my first modern vehicle, I didn’t worry about it as I also have a great dealer to work with.

Traded it for a 22 Bronco Sport which has been ultimately reliable with zero problems, but isn’t really a satisfying vehicle overall for me. It’s designed to be cheap I guess & it shows. A LC would be twice the money, & I’m getting awfully close to thinking that for near 6 figures here a Toyota might be a much better investment than another Ford. We shall see.

Right now my dealer has had me on his list to try a Ranger for months, but they can’t even get one on the lot that isn’t pre ordered. So they’re matching Toyota’s supply at least. Though I suspect Toyota’s lack of anything on the lot is due to customer demand while Ford’s is more likely an inability to produce.

So in the end when I’m looking at wanting to keep a vehicle for a decade or more, not 38 days!, yeah I may need to look at a better brand overall. & perhaps made in Japan, though the BS is fine as a made in Mexico vehicle.

Wow you have incredible patience for Fords! If I had half the problems I wouldn’t consider another. Thanks for taking the time to share your story, as I contemplate what to do for me. I’ve had rock solid reliable Fords of all eras from 89 to present in the 2000s to today. So when I had so many little things go wrong with a 2020 Explorer, my first modern vehicle, I didn’t worry about it as I also have a great dealer to work with.

Traded it for a 22 Bronco Sport which has been ultimately reliable with zero problems, but isn’t really a satisfying vehicle overall for me. It’s designed to be cheap I guess & it shows. A LC would be twice the money, & I’m getting awfully close to thinking that for near 6 figures here a Toyota might be a much better investment than another Ford. We shall see.

Right now my dealer has had me on his list to try a Ranger for months, but they can’t even get one on the lot that isn’t pre ordered. So they’re matching Toyota’s supply at least. Though I suspect Toyota’s lack of anything on the lot is due to customer demand while Ford’s is more likely an inability to produce.

So in the end when I’m looking at wanting to keep a vehicle for a decade or more, not 38 days!, yeah I may need to look at a better brand overall. & perhaps made in Japan, though the BS is fine as a made in Mexico vehicle.
One problem is it's the end of the year so they've probably have stopped production on almost 24 models as they're getting ready to start rolling out the 25s.
If you can hold out, you might want to try to do a 4Runner that I heard is coming out anytime between December and February and I'm sure it will be in great demand also.
Nearly impossible if not impossible to rent a new redesigned vehicle to see if you like it or not.
My 98 and 2004 F150's were awesome trucks and I loved them. I guess that's why I just kept trying to get those rangers to work for me.
I fell in love with him back in 2016 when I saw one on the floor in a mall in the Philippines. I was tempted to buy it and ship it home but it was diesel and I think that was about that time the price of diesel went much higher than regular gasoline.
Perhaps the 24 model would have but I will never know because I'm sticking with Toyota.
They are absolutely the best in my opinion for driving safety and crashing safety.
They also hold their value so much more than anything else.
Dealer had a Tacoma with 105,000 miles for $25,000 I don't think it's sold more than 35,000 when it was new.
Good luck to you in your endeavors!

Last edited:
One problem is it's the end of the year so they've probably have stopped production on almost 24 models as they're getting ready to start rolling out the 25s.
If you can hold out, you might want to try to do a 4Runner that I heard is coming out anytime between December and February and I'm sure it will be in great demand also.
Nearly impossible if not impossible to rent a new redesigned vehicle to see if you like it or not.
My 98 and 2004 F150's were awesome trucks and I loved them. I guess that's why I just kept trying to get those rangers to work for me.
I fell in love with him back in 2016 when I saw one on the floor in a mall in the Philippines. I was tempted to buy it and ship it home but it was diesel and I think that was about that time the price of diesel went much higher than regular gasoline.
Perhaps the 24 model would have but I will never know because I'm sticking with Toyota.
They are absolutely the best in my opinion for driving safety and crashing safety.
They also hold their value so much more than anything else.
Dealer had a Tacoma with 105,000 miles for $25,000 I don't think it's sold more than 35,000 when it was new.
Good luck to you in your endeavors!
Thank you! I might need a bit of luck to properly evaluate this time around. I have to agree with you on resale for sure. & while I don’t plan to resale, that really does go to show just how long term durable & desirable Toyotas are. I’m also fortunate to have all the time I need to evaluate so do plan to check out the new 4 Runner once it’s available too.

And for you prospective buyers, I feel no “clunk” at all when the hybrid system engages. It feels absolutely seamless and I have been amazed at how well it switches back and forth without the driver ever feeling it.
Most of the time, I would be completely unaware of the transition if I weren’t watching my gauges.
I am going to have to agree. Mine transitions seamlessly and I don't even notice it which is really nice. So basically the opposite of what this guy experienced. Makes me wonder....

I mean, did he test drive th car at all? Seems like about half his issues would have cropped up then. But I did test drive the one I brought home so that could it explain that. But still seems like a lot of nit picks that could be solved easily. But complaining that the manual was too manual-ee is a bit much. I love mine so much, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to be buried in it.

Back