2024 landcruiser 1958 sold

Not in my book. We don't get freezing temps and get 110+ on summer days, I drive without consideration to economy and like moving with the flow of traffic, plus I standardized with the rest of the cars in the household.
You kept the part that is about freezing temperatures though. 0W-20 means it is 0W at low temperatures and 20W after engine heats up. This sounds like a very bad idea since the oil pump is designed for thinner oil. So it will increase engine wear due to reduced lubrication efficiency combined with increased internal resistance.

It will be “warranty denied” in Toyota’s book as well.

You kept the part that is about freezing temperatures though. 0W-20 means it is zero at low temperatures and 20 after engine heats up. This sounds like a very bad idea since the oil pump is designed for thinner oil. So it will increase engine wear due to reduced lubrication efficiency combined with increased internal resistance.

It will be “warranty denied” in Toyota’s book as well.
Good to know!

I test drove a 1958 today and it drove great. Only 5-10 miles but it covered city streets and highway. Transmission shifts were smooth, but I did feel the engine kick on a couple times at lower speeds, it sometimes makes a more noticeable vibration but not one I'd be concerned with. A bit rougher but overall similar to other Toyota hybrids I've been in.

I test drove a 1958 today and it drove great. Only 5-10 miles but it covered city streets and highway. Transmission shifts were smooth, but I did feel the engine kick on a couple times at lower speeds, it sometimes makes a more noticeable vibration but not one I'd be concerned with. A bit rougher but overall similar to other Toyota hybrids I've been in.
I drove and LC w/20s last evening. Outstanding driver. Much better than my 4R Limited ‘22.
The engine is quick and the transmission shifts rapidly and smoothly.
I believe it will learn your driving style in a few hundred miles or so and be a well-oiled synchronized machine.

I drove and LC w/20s last evening. Outstanding driver. Much better than my 4R Limited ‘22.
The engine is quick and the transmission shifts rapidly and smoothly.
I believe it will learn your driving style in a few hundred miles or so and be a well-oiled synchronized machine.
No doubt, I loved how it drove. Not going to repeat what I posted in another threat, but having briefly owned a T4R ORP W/KDSS, it was light years beyond the 4R overall. I sold the 4R after a year because of the borderline dangerous handling at highway speed and excessive brake dive and body roll. Have an LCLC on order and can't wait for it to arrive!

I find the engine starting and stopping awkward. But its still a very nice driving vehicle for a small truck. Far better than Wrangler and Bronco. Maybe 75% as good as a $60K unibody "SUV". It's an obvious choice for truck people who want good road manners. But its simply as not as smooth as most non-truck SUVs. I've always been a truck person so my expectations are met.

Don't know why there is so much looking down on the 1958, I personally love mine. I wanted both the round headlights and cloth seats and have no need for a bigger info screen. Granted the lack of roof rails and weird tire size are odd, but both shortcomings are easily fixed. The way I look at it is that I used the $ 15,000 or so in 1958 savings to invest more in my favorite stock (Nvidia) and from my perspective that could by itself eventually pay for a big chunk of the vehicle cost (or not). To each their own.

Don't know why there is so much looking down on the 1958, I personally love mine. I wanted both the round headlights and cloth seats and have no need for a bigger info screen. Granted the lack of roof rails and weird tire size are odd, but both shortcomings are easily fixed. The way I look at it is that I used the $ 15,000 or so in 1958 savings to invest more in my favorite stock (Nvidia) and from my perspective that could by itself eventually pay for a big chunk of the vehicle cost (or not). To each their own.
Agree. Love my 1958. Came with upgraded tires. I am getting Katskin leather seat covers added (2k). Other than that, I got tint and ceramic coat. Good to go. Have 2,000 miles on it at this point and loving it.

I wanted to let everyone know that I do not regret my decision at all. I hope toyota does an update to address the issues I was having and then i will consider purchasing again, but at the price point. Lexus might be the way to go.

I like the story about the guy at the party. Good point. I had deposits on two LC's (the LC trim and the FE) but got the opportunity to buy a GX Overtrail and I love it. But If I had it all to do again I would seriously consider the 1958 Trim and then build it out to my hearts desire. I think they are all great and you cannot go wrong with any of them. Toyota makes great cars and trucks and this is the first time I have been so excited about owning one

Back