First Impressions/Road Trip

I had issues downloading my digital key... It needed something to be reset at Toyota to work. I took notes:

• 1-800-331-4331 (say 'Brand Engagement')
  • It will ask you a bunch of other questions and eventually you should end up with either Connected Services or Brand Engagement
  • Connected Services had me try a bunch of things that didn't work. Eventually they created a case with Brand Engagement
  • In a day or so, Brand Engagement reset something in the database
  • After that, I needed to completely delete the Toyota App
  • Reboot my phone
  • Re-install the Toyota App
  • Re-download my digital key
After that everything worked and I was able to share the key with my family members. However, they also needed to delete their Toyota Apps, reboot and re-install.

The dealer set up my toyota app and profile .
I canā€™t get the digital key to download . It give me code , but every time I put code it say internal server error
Oh, I remember this and this might be easier to fix. Try to completely close the App (swipe up on the iPhone). Re-launch it, log in again and re-start the process. That should fix the issue.

So for those of you who are lucky to have one right now- is the drivers seat area fairly tight? Like if you are tall does the seat go back pretty far to accommodate? Is it fairly tight in width also ? Trying to figure out how ā€œcomfortable ā€œ this would be for a 12 plus hour drive - also has anyone stated when the wind noise really starts becoming noticeable (MPH)?
Iā€™m a hair under 6ā€™2ā€ and find the driverā€™s seat really comfortable with plenty of space. The arm rest on the driverā€™s door is a little lower than I am used to, even with the seat as low as it goes (drove a Chevy truck before this), but Iā€™m growing accustomed to it. The only place the space feels a little cramped is with the left foot for the driver, where it feels a bit weird to have your foot flat because it brings your knee pretty close to the steering wheel. There is a sloped area for it that works well but I havenā€™t driven more than 3.5 hours at a time yet, so donā€™t know how I will feel about that on a longer run.

Oh, I remember this and this might be easier to fix. Try to completely close the App (swipe up on the iPhone). Re-launch it, log in again and re-start the process. That should fix the issue.
I closed app , deleted app and tried again it keeps saying internal server error?
I will try the phone call later , is it a 24/7 service?

Iā€™m a hair under 6ā€™2ā€ and find the driverā€™s seat really comfortable with plenty of space. The arm rest on the driverā€™s door is a little lower than I am used to, even with the seat as low as it goes (drove a Chevy truck before this), but Iā€™m growing accustomed to it. The only place the space feels a little cramped is with the left foot for the driver, where it feels a bit weird to have your foot flat because it brings your knee pretty close to the steering wheel. There is a sloped area for it that works well but I havenā€™t driven more than 3.5 hours at a time yet, so donā€™t know how I will feel about that on a longer run.
Seconded. Drove it good 4 hrs straight and found driverā€™s door armrest too low and the window ledge just right but only in a particular, and not necessarily particularly comfortable, seating position. And I did find the footrest is maybe a 1/2ā€ too close for me. My left footā€™s not quite even with my right foot at 1/4ish throttle.

I closed app , deleted app and tried again it keeps saying internal server error?
IMHO, the digital key is not ready for prime time. The app on the phone needs to be constantly restarted, it crashes, problems downloading the key because their servers are down.

I had a lot of these same problems with my Lexus digital key and I eventually just gave up on it. Itā€™s not fun standing in the rain because your car wonā€™t unlock.

Reactions: Ed1
Seconded. Drove it good 4 hrs straight and found driverā€™s door armrest too low and the window ledge just right but only in a particular, and not necessarily particularly comfortable, seating position. And I did find the footrest is maybe a 1/2ā€ too close for me. My left footā€™s not quite even with my right foot at 1/4ish throttle.
Would you still classify the seating position as comfortable or was this enough to push into uncomfortable territory?

IMHO, the digital key is not ready for prime time. The app on the phone needs to be constantly restarted, it crashes, problems downloading the key because their servers are down.

I had a lot of these same problems with my Lexus digital key and I eventually just gave up on it. Itā€™s not fun standing in the rain because your car wonā€™t unlock.
My tundra was no problem with connect app . Starting using the key fob is hit or miss. I did notice that LC didnā€™t shut off when I opened the door unlike my tundra. But it did shut off while was sitting in seat after I sat for a minute and had to restart

Ok, this is closer to what my brother who is 6ā€™1 was saying abt the GX.. legs being close to steering wheel - Iā€™m a smaller /shorter lady so Iā€™ll have no issues but anyone else taller I was wondering about - thanks for that- thatā€™s helpful

This could be very individualized.. my brother was saying no way too tight - but he drives A LOT so it really matters to him

My tundra was no problem with connect app . Starting using the key fob is hit or miss. I did notice that LC didnā€™t shut off when I opened the door unlike my tundra. But it did shut off while was sitting in seat after I sat for a minute and had to restart
I am glad to hear the LC doesn't shut off when you open the door! The Tacoma drives me nuts when I remote start it to warm it up and then try a load something into it.

This could be very individualized.. my brother was saying no way too tight - but he drives A LOT so it really matters to him
I think for me it was just a lot different from my 1500 where you could basically take a nap under the steering wheel. Seems fine now that I have adjusted to it. Might feel different on a 10 hour drive, but I donā€™t make too many of those.

Yea... the fact that it needs a cellular connection to work is a bit flaky. If I'm going somewhere far, I make it a point to grab the real key.

Someone will always answer the call, but unfortunately the people who can do the reset are 8am-8pm Eastern and you can't speak with them directly. A case needs to be created first and then they call you.

I canceled mine on my Tacoma after the trial period, seemed to never work right. When I needed the over-the air update for the nav system, it was very easy to start the subscription again, I opted for the "not automatically renew each month" . Unless it has improved over the last four years, I'll probably do the same with the LC

This is day 2 after the re-install and so far so good. I think we get 1yr to make up our minds about renewing the subscription. Hopefully enough time to find all the kinks and limitations.

Would you still classify the seating position as comfortable or was this enough to push into uncomfortable territory?
Still overall quite comfortable. And Iā€™m still learning the vehicle admittedly. I realized earlier today for example, that in stop/go traffic I could easily rest my left arm on the lower armrest. But really only at a stop as my hand would be at 7 oā€™clock. Really my quibbles are just nitpicking, even the hard plastic is forgotten when youā€™re driving or enjoying the view out.

I like having the ability to lock and unlock does and start vehicle remotely.
Is that part of digital key? I didnā€™t realize that you could actually drive it with digital key as well .
My 22 tundra didnā€™t have that part

Still overall quite comfortable. And Iā€™m still learning the vehicle admittedly. I realized earlier today for example, that in stop/go traffic I could easily rest my left arm on the lower armrest. But really only at a stop as my hand would be at 7 oā€™clock. Really my quibbles are just nitpicking, even the hard plastic is forgotten when youā€™re driving or enjoying the view out.
Iā€™ve never had ā€œthe perfect carā€ where everything was 100%- ie l- I loved my 2019 LC but hated that if the camera system was on and someone called me or I called someone while coming to a stop the call was cut off /or couldnā€™t answer it on info screen-4 Runner didnā€™t have front camera or sensors for parking (Iā€™m shorter so thatā€™s a help to have them) Audi Q5 couldnā€™t access glovebox /drinks in holders at same time type a thing- or just plain no separate dual a/c for my dog in the back whoā€™s always hotter than me .. a 2014 sequoia without heated steering- so itā€™s ok if thereā€™s some quibbles.. that helps others to have a heads up or think about it on test drive before buying if itā€™s a deal breaker for them. I appreciate all driver/owner feedback

I like having the ability to lock and unlock does and start vehicle remotely.
Is that part of digital key? I didnā€™t realize that you could actually drive it with digital key as well .
My 22 tundra didnā€™t have that part
It looks like the Digital Key (i.e. drive with just your phone), lock/unlock and remote start are all part of the "Remote Services" subscription.

Back