4Runner Owner: 1958 Test Drive Impressions

Why is it when they “compare “ a new 4Runner they use a TRD Pro or Highest trim level to compare to a base Land Cruiser … pointing out no features, etc… use Apples and Apples to compare… I watched this video the other day and I wanted to comment but there were no feature for that 🫢😳😉

I made an Ikea run with my 4Runner and had to stick these wood beams out the back, 2 hour drive on the highway to home. Don't think I could get away with the LC doing what I did with the 4runner. But yes, around town, you could leave the back open, I just wouldn't go over 35-40 mph.

View attachment 2953
Hello… my back window opens too

I made an Ikea run with my 4Runner and had to stick these wood beams out the back, 2 hour drive on the highway to home. Don't think I could get away with the LC doing what I did with the 4runner. But yes, around town, you could leave the back open, I just wouldn't go over 35-40 mph.

View attachment 2953
Also, I bought a small utility trailer for stuff like that…. Otherwise buy a truck

In my market FE is the only way to get 18" wheels. So my least expensive path is to buy the FE, or fly to Denver where mid spec LC that do not have the 20 "upgrade" wheels. I assume it would be $4K ish to replace the 20" with 18.
My premium came with 18’s standard

In my market FE is the only way to get 18" wheels. So my least expensive path is to buy the FE, or fly to Denver where mid spec LC that do not have the 20 "upgrade" wheels. I assume it would be $4K ish to replace the 20" with 18.
Here in Denver the LCP often had 20" wheels up until about 6 weeks ago, now it appears most allocations are arriving with 18". You can certainly sell the 20" wheels for something, though nowhere near the ridiculous $1.4k list price. You should be able to replace for ~$2.5k depending on whether you upsize the tire, and you should be able to get back ~$1k for the 20" wheels tires?

I replaced the stock 18" wheels for about $1k ('24 Tacoma TRD wheel, +45 offset), tires were another $ matter, but I would always immediately replace an OEM tire anyway, as most of them are junk despite the aftermarket-looking name often on the side. I'm still far under the cost of the FE I was initially offered, which I would have taken if it were $4k off list (thus paying the ~$1k for FE branding).

Back