Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Congrats Trailman! I'm still waiting for mine that's currently on an unknown ship scheduled to arrive in Long Beach on the 23rd.
Thanks! It’s scheduled to go through processing on June 27th so we’ll see if anything changes and it gets put into the QC hold. Fingers crossed…

I’m really curious to see which ship your vehicle is on. I have noticed some of the ships will hit more than one port. Seven Seas Highway is the only ship I see heading to that vicinity but it’s scheduled to arrive at Benicia, North of Long Beach, on the 25th. I guess we’ll find out shortly.

Last edited:
The "Wednesday phone call" everyone is talking about was actually an in-person meeting if you go back and read the FB post. The "call" the dealership manager is referring to was on 6/1 where he talks about the inspection and repair teams for ports getting a message to leave the last week of June open and not book dealership visits.

Anyway, the manager that posted this is from Edmark Toyota (Boise ID) where I have my deposit. My sales person just updated me that there was an in-person meeting with Toyota for the region that happened today in Bend OR. He sent me all the updates and none of them were about LC quality control holds. Bummer. The wait continues...

The "Wednesday phone call" everyone is talking about was actually an in-person meeting if you go back and read the FB post. The "call" the dealership manager is referring to was on 6/1 where he talks about the inspection and repair teams for ports getting a message to leave the last week of June open and not book dealership visits.

Anyway, the manager that posted this is from Edmark Toyota (Boise ID) where I have my deposit. My sales person just updated me that there was an in-person meeting with Toyota for the region that happened today in Bend OR. He sent me all the updates and none of them were about LC quality control holds. Bummer. The wait continues...
Might be about the stop-sale that's happening with the air bag issue on the Grand Highlander and Lexus TX.

Before ya'll start trashing Toyota, Tesla also did a stop-sale of all Cybertrucks last week due to manufacturing issues as well. Seems 2024 is the year of quality issues lol.

Just met with our dealer who is one of the managers of the dealership, and he said the update he recieved today about our FE (not LC's overall) is that it's waiting for a skid plate. This would mean according to his tracking, keep in mind he is a salesperson, our FE arrived in port mid April and has been there waiting for just this to be put on. We specifically told him about the sunroof issue and he said it's only the skid plate. Not sure what to believe at this point. He also couldn't give us a timeline when they would be recieving it.
Yeah, the 1958 are moving and they have skid plates also. There are different skid plates for the first edition, Land Cruiser edition, 1958, and the GX 550. I would take his explanation with a grain of salt.

I was also asked for the QR code or 8 digit code. I have a Window Sticker buy no code. Mine has been in Portland since April 5. Still “May be in transit.” August, maybe????? We went down to one car and can manage with that. I feel really bad for folks who did that and are struggling.

I know we don’t have a real confirmation from Toyota but it’s pretty clear to me it’s a sunroof issue as the 1958s are being sold and same with the Lexus gx550 luxury+ where the moonroof doesn’t open.

If it was an engine issue they would all be held bc all the LC and all the GX use the same engine, respectively

Rumor is ports will start inspections next week and expect less than 1% failure rate - backchannel comms so take it FWIW.

Fingers crossed!
I hope this applys to the ones stranded in the train yards at their final destinations too. Mine processed in Portland and boarded a train 51 days ago doh! I think I'd feel more comfortable if it were still sitting in the port.

Anytime that I've taken delivery of a new vehicle that was just delivered to the dealer in Oct or later it has been the model year of the next calendar year. I once got a 1991 Z28 in March or April 1990. Same general experience after summer with Audi, Nissan and of course Toyota. So maybe a sarcastic Q but still a valid one!

I refuse to believe - I have been hurt before.
Smartpath shows two First Editions hit the ground too near me.... Imma call the dealers to confirm.

EDIT: Called, said it was a glitch in the system, went down for a lot dealers yesterday and they haven't quite fixed it yet. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back