Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

The ones worried about the LC being in its first year I believe everything will be ok. I followed a Grand Highlander page on Facebook. There hasn’t been very many problems with it. There hasn’t been anything on the GH that keeps it from driving. I think the LC will be a good vehicle.
It’s not an issue for me. It’s a Toyota and under warranty.

Stupid question: does your app "know" where your car is? i.e. which port? Mine keeps looking for the car but never finds it.
No, unfortunately it does not geolocate, it probably does that once you activate Connected Services at the dealer at time of purchase.

The ones worried about the LC being in its first year I believe everything will be ok. I followed a Grand Highlander page on Facebook. There hasn’t been very many problems with it. There hasn’t been anything on the GH that keeps it from driving. I think the LC will be a good vehicle.
There's been a major recall on the 200 series, so it really doesn't seem to matter how new a vehicle is, once they find an issue they resolve it. As long as it's noting like the current Tundra recall, but I believe those engines were built in the US not Japan.

waiting for the result of this supposed BIG WEDNESDAY PHONE CALL...lol
just received a text from my dealer that the 2024 LC's are on hold and he has no date for shipment as of now. he confirmed LCs (mine at least) are in the US, but waiting at the port for now.

just received a text from my dealer that the 2024 LC's are on hold and he has no date for shipment as of now. he confirmed LCs (mine at least) are in the US, but waiting at the port for now.
Is that an update from the "phone call?" or just an update

That guy joined a couple hours ago doubt he knows what we are all talking about or waiting on.
I was referring to the "Wednesday dealer call" with an update on LCs that was referenced earlier in this thread. and yes, I created an account today to provide an update as it had reached me.

the unsolicited text from my dealer told me he had just been updated by Toyota, which coincided with the reports of "Wednesday" updates on this thread, so the timing seemed to correlate, that's all.

Just met with our dealer who is one of the managers of the dealership, and he said the update he recieved today about our FE (not LC's overall) is that it's waiting for a skid plate. This would mean according to his tracking, keep in mind he is a salesperson, our FE arrived in port mid April and has been there waiting for just this to be put on. We specifically told him about the sunroof issue and he said it's only the skid plate. Not sure what to believe at this point. He also couldn't give us a timeline when they would be recieving it.

I'm thinking it's something they want to fix without anyone knowing exactly what it is, to prevent phantom / sympathetic claims later on. As in the Tundra, only some of them are actually affected (according to another post 100k, recalled, 800ish actually faulty) but every Tundra owner has an issue and demands a new engine.

Now don't get me wrong, if it's mine and there's a reported problem, I want it fixed as well.

My salesman usually will text around 3 (CT) if there is any change on his screens.
I texted mine about 30 mins ago asking if he was aware of a "dealer call" of some sort regarding the QC hold that was rumored to be happening sometime today. Exact words. Nothing back yet.......

Talked to my dealer today and he said my FE (manufactured 5/15) that just arrived in Portland yesterday is still not part of the QC hold and the estimated delivery date by Toyota improved by about a week and a half. He said several of the Land Cruisers that were on hold at port have updated with delivery dates recently. Things are starting to move.

Just met with our dealer who is one of the managers of the dealership, and he said the update he recieved today about our FE (not LC's overall) is that it's waiting for a skid plate. This would mean according to his tracking, keep in mind he is a salesperson, our FE arrived in port mid April and has been there waiting for just this to be put on. We specifically told him about the sunroof issue and he said it's only the skid plate. Not sure what to believe at this point. He also couldn't give us a timeline when they would be recieving it.
I mean Jeez, it’s a skid plate. I am no expert but in the past I designed CO2 lasers for metal cutting at Trumps in the mid 90S. I don’t remember the speeds and feed tables but 8 gauge was like 3 meters/minute ( or about 3 inches per second). Then onto a press break for a not sure but less than 10-15 seconds. Benefit of doubt with handling, loading, finishing, moving parts maybe 3-5 min a part? Not sure what else is involved but I feel like they should be pumping these things out like Fords (pun intended)

Talked to my dealer today and he said my FE (manufactured 5/15) that just arrived in Portland yesterday is still not part of the QC hold and the estimated delivery date by Toyota improved by about a week and a half. He said several of the Land Cruisers that were on hold at port have updated with delivery dates recently. Things are starting to move.
Congrats Trailman! I'm still waiting for mine that's currently on an unknown ship scheduled to arrive in Long Beach on the 23rd.

Back