Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

This isn't going to help our case any...

CDK Global shuts down car dealership software after cyberattack​

A cyber attack on software provider CDK Global upended operations at car dealerships across the U.S. on Wednesday.

CDK spokesperson Lisa Finney said the company shut down most of its systems “out of an abundance of caution" for customers. By Wednesday afternoon, the company had restored its core document management system and digital retailing solutions.

"We are continuing to conduct extensive tests on all other applications, and we will provide updates as we bring those applications back online," Finney said in an emailed statement.

Finney did not respond to questions on how many dealerships were impacted, but CDK’s website says the company works with more than 15,000 retail locations across North America.

What does CDK Global do?​

One of the leading providers of cloud-based software to dealerships in the country, CDK's software helps dealerships manage vehicle acquisitions, sales, financing, insuring, repairs and maintenance. The company's website says it offers a “three-tiered cybersecurity strategy to prevent, protect and respond to cyberattacks.”

Why are car dealerships targeted by cyber attacks?​

The incident follows a cyber attack against Findlay Automotive Group last week. The automotive group – which operates in five states – said the attack restricted its ability to conduct sales and service, according to reporting from the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

A 2023 report from CDK notes that cybercriminals are a growing threat to target car dealerships, with 17% of 175 surveyed dealers experiencing a cyber attack or incident within the past year, up from 15% the year prior. Of those dealers, 46% said the cyberattack had a negative financial or operational impact.

Dealerships have been an attractive target because of the vast amounts of sensitive customer data they hold. From credit applications to customer financial information, dealerships hold a "treasure of information" to hackers, according to a 2023 article from insurance company Zurich North America.

"In addition, dealership systems are often interconnected to external interfaces and portals, such as external service providers," the report reads. And many dealerships "lack basic cyber security protections."

Source

This isn't going to help our case any...

CDK Global shuts down car dealership software after cyberattack​

A cyber attack on software provider CDK Global upended operations at car dealerships across the U.S. on Wednesday.

CDK spokesperson Lisa Finney said the company shut down most of its systems “out of an abundance of caution" for customers. By Wednesday afternoon, the company had restored its core document management system and digital retailing solutions.

"We are continuing to conduct extensive tests on all other applications, and we will provide updates as we bring those applications back online," Finney said in an emailed statement.

Finney did not respond to questions on how many dealerships were impacted, but CDK’s website says the company works with more than 15,000 retail locations across North America.

What does CDK Global do?​

One of the leading providers of cloud-based software to dealerships in the country, CDK's software helps dealerships manage vehicle acquisitions, sales, financing, insuring, repairs and maintenance. The company's website says it offers a “three-tiered cybersecurity strategy to prevent, protect and respond to cyberattacks.”

Why are car dealerships targeted by cyber attacks?​

The incident follows a cyber attack against Findlay Automotive Group last week. The automotive group – which operates in five states – said the attack restricted its ability to conduct sales and service, according to reporting from the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

A 2023 report from CDK notes that cybercriminals are a growing threat to target car dealerships, with 17% of 175 surveyed dealers experiencing a cyber attack or incident within the past year, up from 15% the year prior. Of those dealers, 46% said the cyberattack had a negative financial or operational impact.

Dealerships have been an attractive target because of the vast amounts of sensitive customer data they hold. From credit applications to customer financial information, dealerships hold a "treasure of information" to hackers, according to a 2023 article from insurance company Zurich North America.

"In addition, dealership systems are often interconnected to external interfaces and portals, such as external service providers," the report reads. And many dealerships "lack basic cyber security protections."

Source
Dropped our Sequoia at the dealer for service at lunch, and though I would check the status of our LC that's stuck in purgatory while I was there. Check in was old school paper forms because of the shutdown and they still don't know how they will close out charges. Is chaos in there with no IT infrastructure.

Dealership's "Dealer Daily" which is what they use to track and or swap allocations is still up. The other two not so much........

So false alarm?
Nope. I had routine service performed on my Chevy Duramax yesterday. Services were offline and dealer gave me minimal records saying services performed yesterday will be updated online in the future. They were unable to apply my GM Rewards balance to the bill.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what my dealer told me about the QC hold:
“We now know there is a supply issue on a simple non mechanical part that is listed on the window sticker. So this is a simple fix... if/when the supplier can get the part out.”

Vehicle MYs are based on build date, not delivery date. These would still be MY2024 even if you got yours in 2030.
I don't know, it seems like the Port is finishing the building, maybe the build date will reflect that. *I'm joking of course...

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what my dealer told me about the QC hold:
“We now know there is a supply issue on a simple non mechanical part that is listed on the window sticker. So this is a simple fix... if/when the supplier can get the part out.”
If it's the skid plates ........still befuddles me that Toyota didn't have 5000 skid plates lined up for the FEs

Tell your dealer to stop making stuff up.

Just saw a FE from one of DFW dealers’ website changed from In Production to Transit.
It does have an earlier VIN, less than 1000 in last 4 digits.

Just saw a FE from one of DFW dealers’ website changed from In Production to Transit.
It does have an earlier VIN, less than 1000 in last 4 digits.
I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to the VINs. Two LC VINs 2K plus higher than mine have moved to being release from QC while mine has no change. Same dealership. Unless it's the Roof Rack. Mine has it the two released are rails.

Back