Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Without reading back 30 pages. Is it safe to assume the QC hold originally dated 5/17 now 56 day hold will release all our VINs the third week of July?

Just registered so I could share my experience.
had been planning on 2025 4Runner but 24 LC caught my eye. I like the exterior styling better.
not a hardcore offroader, but like exploring rough and gravel roads and winter in the Sierras
Monday found and drove a stripped down 1958 at a local dealer. Liked the peppiness compared to my 23 4Runner ( that rig is going to my son). Ride seemed similar. Thumbs up.
used the toyota build site to select my preferred options and got a list of dealers with inventory.
second one I called said the unit I was looking for was not reserved and available.
Tuesday, made 1 hour drive and put $500 refundable deposit down. Dealer screen showed no holds, it was in port, and due next week.
Updated today, Friday, to "Processing" in port and due at dealer 24-26th... next Monday- Weds. Screen clearly says no hold.
Unit is Premium in Meteor Shower, black interior, 20 inch wheels (not wanted), and a few knick knacks I would not have wanted other than the cargo mat. The dealer is adding no crap.
5K markup. This is pretty standard in the Bay Area right now, and I found none at MSRP, some at 7500, 10K, and one adventurous dealer at $15K markup.
I have 72 hours after it comes into the dealer to decide whether to proceed.
Hope this information is useful to others...
Will update if delivery promises change.

Just got notified my FE is on 57 quality control hold and is on a railcar in Santa Fe NM. It was suppose to arrive at the AZ dealership yesterday. Has been in transit for over 2 months! What a mess this roll out is---as well as the one for the Taco's!

Just got a text from my dealership. My FE that left Japan on 6/10 is now on a QC hold. Its still enroute to the east coast.

My dealer has a LC trim coming in 7/10 that's unreserved. Been considering just switching my reservation to that one but I'm not a huge fan of Heritage Blue. Plus I've gotten attached to my one on hold!

Interesting…….

This popped up when I put my vin in the app….

View attachment 3030
I just checked my VIN and do not have that message. But, I have been on a QC hold since May 17. FE has been in the port in Portland since April 5. I doubt we will see these cars for a few more months. I recall watching a video comparing the Lexus and the LC and they said that they were comparable EXCEPT for the ABS system, which was horrible. Can’t recall whose video it was, but, they showed a film of the LC sliding all over the place when hard braking was applied. All the best, Dr. M

I just checked my VIN and do not have that message. But, I have been on a QC hold since May 17. FE has been in the port in Portland since April 5. I doubt we will see these cars for a few more months. I recall watching a video comparing the Lexus and the LC and they said that they were comparable EXCEPT for the ABS system, which was horrible. Can’t recall whose video it was, but, they showed a film of the LC sliding all over the place when hard braking was applied. All the best, Dr. M
I’ve seen the VSC alert since April, I don’t know if it means anything at this point.

I now have another dealer contacting me with one that is allocated but not yet received. So far no specs or price so I can't match it up to inventory

Back