Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Some people have reported issues when trying to setup connected services with the vehicle if it is already linked in the app prior to purchase. They recommended waiting until at the dealership. The person who posted said a ticket had to be opened with the dealer to correct the issue. I deleted mine out of the app as it's arriving in port today.
I didn’t know this ! Thanks for the post

My vehicle health got a sick notice today as it sits at the port. The app shows an alert on the VSCS…View attachment 3114
I have no idea but that would indicate to me that the vehicle was at least started and an update started or completed perhaps? Especially if you have been checking for a while and now the status changed. Just my SWAG on the topic and could be good and/or bad news.

I have no idea but that would indicate to me that the vehicle was at least started and an update started or completed perhaps? Especially if you have been checking for a while and now the status changed. Just my SWAG on the topic and could be good and/or bad news.
Thanks. That’s kind of how I saw it…at least something was done to it or someone looked at it! Progress?

Mine showed the VSC fault on Friday. I asked my dealer yesterday for an update. My LC is still on QC hold. I thought the VSC fault would have indicated progress.

Mine started showing the ability to download the digital key in my App at some point. I haven't done it because I don't want to.mess it up when it gets here.

My salesman did say he should get an update soon. However he's still pinning it on the Baltimore bridge collapse so I'm not sure that I really believe anything he says regarding the delay :ROFLMAO:

Someone said something about a Wednesday (tomorrow) call scheduled between the heads of the 5 families and Toyota. Tomorrow they settle all family business.

Seriously though, I did read something about a call tomorrow with a possible update

Don't know if I missed this in the thread, but has there been any information about if Toyota plans to recall the LC's already on the road?

Curious if the more recently built LCs that presumably do not need the additional fix will get caught up in the backlog at port or cruise through on schedule.

Mine started showing the ability to download the digital key in my App at some point. I haven't done it because I don't want to.mess it up when it gets here.

My salesman did say he should get an update soon. However he's still pinning it on the Baltimore bridge collapse so I'm not sure that I really believe anything he says regarding the delay :ROFLMAO:
They are all going to Newark, NJ. I think Toyota was already leaving the port of Baltimore by next year and consolidating operations up in Newark, NJ. Mine was delivered to Newark, NJ about ten days ago. Currently on QA hold like many others.

Rumor is....... there will be a Manager's update on Wednesday and some answers may be forthcoming.

Not going to hold my breath, but fingers crossed.
Miles Edmark, a Boise dealer on the FB page, said this yesterday - per a call they had on 6/1:

The team of people who travel to the different ports to facilitate the inspections and repairs on QC hold vehicles were told to leave the last week of June open and not book dealer travel so fingers crossed they start cranking them out next week.

Also said they have a follow up in-person meeting with Toyota tomorrow. So hopefully some good news!

Miles Edmark, a Boise dealer on the FB page, said this yesterday - per a call they had on 6/1:

The team of people who travel to the different ports to facilitate the inspections and repairs on QC hold vehicles were told to leave the last week of June open and not book dealer travel so fingers crossed they start cranking them out next week.

Also said they have a follow up in-person meeting with Toyota tomorrow. So hopefully some good news!
Man I sure hope they get some traction soon!

Man, I hope we get some type of concrete information from this (alleged) meeting tomorrow. This delay is frustrating, but also kind of makes me wonder how smart it is to buy a first year vehicle.

I'm flip flopping between exited for the possibility of actually getting my LC and the dread that it may be a very long time before that happens.

Man, I hope we get some type of concrete information from this (alleged) meeting tomorrow. This delay is frustrating, but also kind of makes me wonder how smart it is to buy a first year vehicle.

I'm flip flopping between exited for the possibility of actually getting my LC and the dread that it may be a very long time before that happens.
Or we finally get them, get rid of our current vehicle and it ends up in the shop for some issue or recall. Ugh.

Same here - my gut says it’ll be first week of July at the dealer though. I was hoping for next week as I’ve got camping passes at the PNW Overland Expo and a RTT to install. Looks like I may be ground camping in a rental…

As for the first year.. Toyota offers a pretty good warranty on the LC so I’m not too worried. I had a first year 5th Gen 4R and I never had an issue with it - granted this is a more complex vehicle, but I’m still confident in the brand.

Can you link to the FB post? I didn’t see this in either of the LC groups I’m following - and this is the dealership where I have my deposit.

The ones worried about the LC being in its first year I believe everything will be ok. I followed a Grand Highlander page on Facebook. There hasn’t been very many problems with it. There hasn’t been anything on the GH that keeps it from driving. I think the LC will be a good vehicle.

My vehicle health got a sick notice today as it sits at the port. The app shows an alert on the VSCS…View attachment 3114

Unlikely. Not many Toyotas come in to Baltimore

Back