Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

it's a bit iffy to start paying the loan for a car that hasn't arrived yet ! no docs signed! I feel your pain ... they are nagging me for proof of insurance already 🤣
Only financing a small portion and they said I can cancel the loan anytime and be credited any payments w/interest, as I haven’t negotiated the check. I’d still prefer not to reapply only to have my credit pinged for a second time on the same loan.

Live and learn - I guess I jumped the gun when the dealer said its was about to clear the port. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Only financing a small portion and they said I can cancel the loan anytime and be credited any payments w/interest, as I haven’t negotiated the check. I’d still prefer not to reapply only to have my credit pinged for a second time on the same loan.

Live and learn - I guess I jumped the gun when the dealer said its was about to clear the port. 🤷🏼‍♂️
If I remember correctly, I once had a similar situation (clear title issue) with Navy Fed Credit Union and I explained it to them...... they required me to send the original check back and issued me another one with a new "void by date"

Dealer texted me earlier that my LC premium in heritage blue is at port in houston and just waiting for QC hold to pass before being trucked up to Dallas. Their estimate is that I should have it by 4th of july weekend
Nice. I have a trail dust premium and was told "end of July but maybe earlier" on Thursday and that it was a skid plate- Dallas as well

I know it is all reading the tea leaves, but here is what my dealer told me yesterday:

2 of 6 they had on QC hold were released, hopefully mine released in the next few days.

Personally I thought saying "next few days" was a crazy expectation to set based on how this has gone, but this guy has been reasonably cautious with his commentary on this, so maybe cause for a little, just a little hope.

I was checking the Toyota app and my Landcruiser has a VSC fault now. I hope that’s an indication of it going into transit. My Landcruiser has been at the port for 5 week
Did the fault stop, or change since it first appeared?

I know it is all reading the tea leaves, but here is what my dealer told me yesterday:

2 of 6 they had on QC hold were released, hopefully mine released in the next few days.

Personally I thought saying "next few days" was a crazy expectation to set based on how this has gone, but this guy has been reasonably cautious with his commentary on this, so maybe cause for a little, just a little hope.
First I’ve heard of any being released, so this is good news as it means they have an inspector or engineer on the ground. Hopefully the rest are released soon!

Mine has never appeared on Toyota's inventory. I have the specs and a VIN. But I know that my dealer had 7 in the pipeline. One was snagged by corporate but only 2 of the others ever showed on the public inventory. Any ideas why?

Mine has never appeared on Toyota's inventory. I have the specs and a VIN. But I know that my dealer had 7 in the pipeline. One was snagged by corporate but only 2 of the others ever showed on the public inventory. Any ideas why?
Mine is the same way

I've swung by Gulf States Toyota Vehicle Processing Center in Houston, TX over the past 2 weeks. All the vehicles looked built out, but did notice they had been moved around from one week to the next. Not sure that means anything, but at least they weren't just sitting idle. The yard is huge but would guess I could see 100+ LCs from the spots I could view.

IMG_6271.jpg

I've swung by Gulf States Toyota Vehicle Processing Center in Houston, TX over the past 2 weeks. All the vehicles looked built out, but did notice they had been moved around from one week to the next. Not sure that means anything, but at least they weren't just sitting idle. The yard is huge but would guess I could see 100+ LCs from the spots I could view.

View attachment 3056
I see mine! Ha!

Any word or talk about extended factory warranty for Quality Control Delays issues?

Ie... if there is an issue with the sun roof leaking they usually add an additional year or 20,000 miles to that section of the factory warranty?

What if your Vehicle Stability Control System stops working or sun roof leaks at one month past factory warranty? Its a know issue... will they extend that issue from the factory?

Back