Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

I couldn't get past the QR code, it would not scan the QR code from the computer screen. It wouldn't get past the enter vin manually.

Any helpful hints?

I couldn't get past the QR code, it would not scan the QR code from the computer screen. It wouldn't get past the enter vin manually.

Any helpful hints?
Try adding it on the Toyota site. I tried doing one on the app and got the same thing. I may of done it on the site.

I had previously added it to my vehicles on the Toyota site.

Currently the site states "no recalls" but it won't add in the app.

Last edited:
Go to vehicle dashboard on the site. At the top there is a button that says schedule service. There should be a + next to that. That button should let you add a vehicle.

Interesting…….

This popped up when I put my vin in the app….

View attachment 3030
Just an FYI, I received my first edition and plugged in a Carista OBD2 Code scanner and there were about 20 codes that needed to be cleared I didn’t have a VSC error, but there were a about 20 codes in there.

Also, with the scanner you were able to make some changes such as change the turn signals to six blinks, disable, seatbelt chimes, and host of other things.

Just an FYI, I received my first edition and plugged in a Carista OBD2 Code scanner and there were about 20 codes that needed to be cleared I didn’t have a VSC error, but there were a about 20 codes in there.

Also, with the scanner you were able to make some changes such as change the turn signals to six blinks, disable, seatbelt chimes, and host of other things.
That sounds pretty cool - what other cool features do you find useful with that Tool?

Great news on the seatbelt chime, thanks for your post! Were you able to clear the codes? Or does that take the dealership to do?

Great news on the seatbelt chime, thanks for your post! Were you able to clear the codes? Or does that take the dealership to do?
I was able to clear the codes except for one. I notified Carista and they said they would look into it. Within a couple of days they got back to me and said they implemented a fix into a beta. They sent me a link for test flight to get the beta through Apple and I was able to clear the last code.

You are able to clear codes through the iOS or android app which connects to the dongle.

Depending on the vehicle, you can make all kinds of changes That are not generally available, except by the dealership.

It will also do real time monitoring for a lot of things on the engine, transmission, and what not.

No change on my status from both the dealer and Toyota app sadly. Has not moved to processing, last progress was arriving at port on May 20th. Currently sitting on the 56 day hold. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing mid-tier trims till July now :cry:

I need mine before July 4 or my credit union check is going to need reissued 😂

I made the first payment on my loan and am still waiting. My credit union requires the title by early August or they’ll convert my 5.29 APR to a general loan rate. I think they’ll give me a 60-90 day extension so as long as the truck shows up this summer, I’m good. But I feel you!

I made the first payment on my loan and am still waiting. My credit union requires the title by early August or they’ll convert my 5.29 APR to a general loan rate. I think they’ll give me a 60-90 day extension so as long as the truck shows up this summer, I’m good. But I feel you!
it's a bit iffy to start paying the loan for a car that hasn't arrived yet ! no docs signed! I feel your pain ... they are nagging me for proof of insurance already 🤣

Luckily my insurance takes minutes to acquire and I'll probably obtain it in the waiting room at the dealership:unsure:

Back