Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Or the PIO shortage was a rouse and that had run it's course and they had to come up with a new "calm the masses" statement and all along it was a warning sticker missing from the sun visor........... :cool:
What, Toyota mislead their customers, or falsify emissions data? Never happen. :p

Dealer texted me earlier that my LC premium in heritage blue is at port in houston and just waiting for QC hold to pass before being trucked up to Dallas. Their estimate is that I should have it by 4th of july weekend

Dealer texted me earlier that my LC premium in heritage blue is at port in houston and just waiting for QC hold to pass before being trucked up to Dallas. Their estimate is that I should have it by 4th of july weekend
They are not releasing the vehicles individually as the roof drain issue is remedied, or awaiting all to be fixed, then release them?

I'm thinking they are releasing "fixed vehicles" in batches, as they fix enough to fill up a train car/transporter destined for a certain region. Just speculation tho"

You guys gotta stop. I’m trying not to get too excited and keep my expectations in the late July early August timeframe.

I don't think it means much, but I have seen a lot more LCs switch from "build" phase to "transit" and a window sticker has appeared on a bunch on SmartPath this past week.

Still on hold obviously but seems like maybe they are updating some statuses, who knows lol

My 2024 Land Cruiser w Sun Roof has been in Portland over a month. Regional sales guy for TN told my local dealer sales guy that it will be mid to late July/ early August for my delivery. In the meantime, I’ll drive my 2024 Tacoma that has a broken rear passenger window that Toyota does not have in stock….. a bit frustrating to have an almost new truck w two busted windows (punks looking for guns) and Toyota cannot get me the glass…… so, don’t break anything in your new Land Cruiser bc you might not get it fixed for lack of parts….

My 2024 Land Cruiser w Sun Roof has been in Portland over a month. Regional sales guy for TN told my local dealer sales guy that it will be mid to late July/ early August for my delivery. In the meantime, I’ll drive my 2024 Tacoma that has a broken rear passenger window that Toyota does not have in stock….. a bit frustrating to have an almost new truck w two busted windows (punks looking for guns) and Toyota cannot get me the glass…… so, don’t break anything in your new Land Cruiser bc you might not get it fixed for lack of parts….
Welcome to the forum tennktm! I share your frustration. Is yours a Land Cruiser trim level, or ? Not sure I have seen anybody take delivery of the middle trim. At the onset Toyota alleged only the FE's would be produced, then the two other trims to follow. However, I do see 1958's being delivered, and of course FE's.

The dealer gladly accepted my cash payment in full. I have a vin and a signed contract. The truck is in Portland on the dock. Legally I own it. Toyota should have told the dealer and dealer should have told me. How about telling me what’s wrong with the car I own?
Jake, haven’t heard from you in a while. Was starting to enjoy your daily rants. Your truck still on QC hold?

OMG...

e-mail from DEALER on Friday.... June 7th

Hello XXXX,

As you may have heard by now, The XXXXlay Auto Group is experiencing a nationwide network outage that started last Friday, June 7th, and is affecting all of the XXXXlay stores.

What does this mean for you?

If you are waiting for delivery of a vehicle - it will likely be delayed.

If you want to buy a car - we can offer test drives, give appraisals, take deposits, but we cannot finalize any transactions for the time being.

If you have questions about title transfer/plates, or other guest relations issues - we are doing our best to deal with these as they come up, but please understand that we are severely restricted in our ability to do a lot of things at this time.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are doing our best to accommodate our customers and guests, but as we all know, nothing happens without servers anymore.

Don't think this will matter... given My LC is not due until the end of June ANYWAY... Or will it???

OMG...

e-mail from DEALER on Friday.... June 7th

Hello XXXX,

As you may have heard by now, The XXXXlay Auto Group is experiencing a nationwide network outage that started last Friday, June 7th, and is affecting all of the XXXXlay stores.

What does this mean for you?

If you are waiting for delivery of a vehicle - it will likely be delayed.

If you want to buy a car - we can offer test drives, give appraisals, take deposits, but we cannot finalize any transactions for the time being.

If you have questions about title transfer/plates, or other guest relations issues - we are doing our best to deal with these as they come up, but please understand that we are severely restricted in our ability to do a lot of things at this time.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are doing our best to accommodate our customers and guests, but as we all know, nothing happens without servers anymore.

Don't think this will matter... given My LC is not due until the end of June ANYWAY... Or will it???
Hmmm. Ransomware?

Hmmm. Ransomware?
Pretty sure... They are in a world of hurt!!! Can't even reach the dealership by phone ... and it's the following THURSDAY! Pretty sure they have internet phones! Had to contact my salesman via his personal phone

Welcome to the forum tennktm! I share your frustration. Is yours a Land Cruiser trim level, or ? Not sure I have seen anybody take delivery of the middle trim. At the onset Toyota alleged only the FE's would be produced, then the two other trims to follow. However, I do see 1958's being delivered, and of course FE's.
Land Cruiser with Premium Pkg……therefore, a Sunroof.

There are a few Land Cruiser trim level cars that forum members have posted after receiving. But a very small number it seems.

I don't think it means much, but I have seen a lot more LCs switch from "build" phase to "transit" and a window sticker has appeared on a bunch on SmartPath this past week.

Still on hold obviously but seems like maybe they are updating some statuses, who knows lol
did your sticker match all the pio options originally on the vehicle? I had 1 option drop off when it processed and got on the train due to parts shortage. I was fine with it (TRD air cleaner)

did your sticker match all the pio options originally on the vehicle? I had 1 option drop off when it processed and got on the train due to parts shortage. I was fine with it (TRD air cleaner)
I have 2 deposits (refundable), deciding between FE or LC premium. On one of them 2 options dropped off. TRD air filter and illuminated door sills

Noticed mine now has a window sticker available to view as well. That wasn't there last week. Many others that I've been watching at other dealerships, around the same time frame as mine still don't have a window sticker to view. I know we still have the QC hold, but I wonder if the creation of the window means anything in the process? Or am I just hoping and grasping for tiny bits of hope? :sneaky:

Back