Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

The dealer gladly accepted my cash payment in full. I have a vin and a signed contract. The truck is in Portland on the dock. Legally I own it. Toyota should have told the dealer and dealer should have told me. How about telling me what’s wrong with the car I own?
If we want to be pedantic, the simple answer is that you don't own it yet. The dealer doesn't own it yet, so they can't legally sell it to you.

I'm willing to bet that your purchase contract has a contingency on the dealer actually receiving the vehicle. Depending on where the vehicle is in the port process, its still owned by either Toyota or the distributor. They won't release it to dealer possession until it clears QC hold.

Fun fact - the distributor can still redirect the vehicle that's reserved for you to another dealer for any reason, right up until the day it gets loaded on to the trailer. The allocations the dealers get isn't guaranteed. That's why all of the purchase contracts have contingencies on actually getting the vehicle.

Toyota's inventory page changed significantly today for my area, including my dealer. They are now showing a FE in the "build phase" and "check with dealer" on availability. They have also added 2 1958s with specific availability dates. Maybe this lends some credence to the sunroof rumor.

My LC trim, originally due in late June, still has never shown on the inventory page. It shipped on 5/10 so I assume it is sitting in a port.

Toyota's inventory page changed significantly today for my area, including my dealer. They are now showing a FE in the "build phase" and "check with dealer" on availability. They have also added 2 1958s with specific availability dates. Maybe this lends some credence to the sunroof rumor.

My LC trim, originally due in late June, still has never shown on the inventory page. It shipped on 5/10 so I assume it is sitting in a port.
Midnight last night was Allocation release for this period. Inventories are updating as a result.

I do not know which port, but my dealer says mine is also currently showing a QC hold (Land Cruiser spec with Premium Pack).

the one im waiting for says R1 and i havent been able to find anythign on it

The R stands for the 2024 model year.

A numeral after that (1-9) indicates Tahara and a K indicates Hino. So yours is Tahara. I have a K, so mine is Hino.

The fact that Toyota manufactures all GX550s at Tahara tells us that it views that plant as the gold standard. Will those of us getting Hino Land Cruisers get lesser quality? Probably not, but I will admit that I’d prefer Tahara.

1717781112856.png

Sales rep reached out and my notes were updated from the “30 day hold” to “56 day hold” others had seen.

While I am still very impatient, trying to reframe mindset to hopefully it’s here by end of summer.

Sales rep reached out and my notes were updated from the “30 day hold” to “56 day hold” others had seen.

While I am still very impatient, trying to reframe mindset to hopefully it’s here by end of summer.
So is the 12:00 update eastern time?
I need to call my salesman but I’m afraid of the answer.

The R stands for the 2024 model year.

A numeral after that (1-9) indicates Tahara and a K indicates Hino. So yours is Tahara. I have a K, so mine is Hino.

The fact that Toyota manufactures all GX550s at Tahara tells us that it views that plant as the gold standard. Will those of us getting Hino Land Cruisers get lesser quality? Probably not, but I will admit that I’d prefer Tahara.

View attachment 2773
thank you!!!! thats helpful

Does anyone know if there is a way to track the vehicle using the vin number? My Dealer says My LC is in Port and has not been released. He thinks it should be released by the end of the month.
Thanks for any help...

Does anyone know if there is a way to track the vehicle using the vin number? My Dealer says My LC is in Port and has not been released. He thinks it should be released by the end of the month.
Thanks for any help...
You’ll have to get the dealer to give you updates on port processing as they have internal access to a VIN tracker. Just a heads up, most (if not all) LCs with a sunroof are being held on a QC hold until a fix is available - regardless of port processing status.

You’ll have to get the dealer to give you updates on port processing as they have internal access to a VIN tracker. Just a heads up, most (if not all) LCs with a sunroof are being held on a QC hold until a fix is available - regardless of port processing status.
Thanks for the info... I was hoping I could check on the status myself. I have a down payment and signed pre-agreement on a LC with premium package... So it has the sunroof.

Thanks again!

LC.png

Thanks for any help...
To my knowledge the dealer is the only ones to accurately track the status. You can log on to the Toyota.com site and kind of track it.

I log in then on the "search Inventory" I click "crossover/SUVs", then "Land Cruiser" , input my zip code and scroll down to the advertisement with my Dealer listed/my vehicle
advert.png

To my knowledge the dealer is the only ones to accurately track the status. You can log on to the Toyota.com site and kind of track it.

I log in then on the "search Inventory" I click "crossover/SUVs", then "Land Cruiser" , input my zip code and scroll down to the advertisement with my Dealer listed/my vehicle
advert.png

Mine still reads... Vehicle is in build phase. Contact dealer to confirm availability date.

Yet dealer says it's in Port?

Mine says “Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date.” It arrived in Portland 4/22. The date then dropped. Not sure if date will reappear when it’s moving again, but at this point I just expect a random text from the dealer sometime in July to let me know it has arrived.

Back