Skid plate

Last edited:
Any idea how to purchase the steel skid plate? I haven’t seen it in the website. I dented my LC cruiser skid plate because it’s so thin.
I would check your local dealer's parts department. You can buy them online as well but I sometimes find it cheaper at my local dealer.
The Engine skid plate is pt228-60242. The Transmission skid plate is pt228-35241
Here are a couple links. I haven't ordered from this place, just the least expensive I saw with a quick search.
Trans skid plate / Eng skid plate

I would check your local dealer's parts department. You can buy them online as well but I sometimes find it cheaper at my local dealer.
The Engine skid plate is pt228-60242. The Transmission skid plate is pt228-35241
Here are a couple links. I haven't ordered from this place, just the least expensive I saw with a quick search.
Trans skid plate / Eng skid plate
Okay I thought it was just one skid plate that covers everything? But there is a trans and an engine skid plate that both need to be purchased? It looked like the Toyota plate was one piece that covered everything

Okay I thought it was just one skid plate that covers everything? But there is a trans and an engine skid plate that both need to be purchased? It looked like the Toyota plate was one piece that covered everything
One plate would be too big to handle easily when taking off and then back on for maintenance.

They cover a huge area, you don't want that in one piece. It's a great design where the front overlaps the rear so you don't have to remove the rear if you are just changing oil.

Just received skid plate. Anyone know what the black piece is for? (Have not been under the lc yet)

Attachments

• 20240711_120001.jpg
    20240711_120001.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 115
Just received skid plate. Anyone know what the black piece is for? (Have not been under the lc yet)
If it's anything like my 200 series, it's a "cross" support that you'd bolt between the frame and then the new skid bolts to it.

If you go to the ARB page here, and find the install instructions (page 10), you can get an idea of what was done on the 200. I'm guessing it's similar here.

I just replaced the front skid, that piece attaches directly to the front skid then fits snugly against the front. It bolts to the skid and does not bolt to the front. You also should have received the thin metal keeper nuts for the screws. Those are what actually hold the black piece to the skid. If you line up the holes it make sense how it attaches to the skid. It wasn't until I attached it to the skid and held the skid in place that it made sense.

Attachments

• Front skid.jpg
    Front skid.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 106
I just replaced the front skid, that piece attaches directly to the front skid then fits snugly against the front. It bolts to the skid and does not bolt to the front. You also should have received the thin metal keeper nuts for the screws. Those are what actually hold the black piece to the skid. If you line up the holes it make sense how it attaches to the skid. It wasn't until I attached it to the skid and held the skid in place that it made sense.
Great. Thanks so much. Saved me a headache from trying to figure out. Weird how it is not even mentioned in the directions.

Back