Skid plate

Last edited:
Any idea how to purchase the steel skid plate? I haven’t seen it in the website. I dented my LC cruiser skid plate because it’s so thin.
I would check your local dealer's parts department. You can buy them online as well but I sometimes find it cheaper at my local dealer.
The Engine skid plate is pt228-60242. The Transmission skid plate is pt228-35241
Here are a couple links. I haven't ordered from this place, just the least expensive I saw with a quick search.
Trans skid plate / Eng skid plate

I would check your local dealer's parts department. You can buy them online as well but I sometimes find it cheaper at my local dealer.
The Engine skid plate is pt228-60242. The Transmission skid plate is pt228-35241
Here are a couple links. I haven't ordered from this place, just the least expensive I saw with a quick search.
Trans skid plate / Eng skid plate
Okay I thought it was just one skid plate that covers everything? But there is a trans and an engine skid plate that both need to be purchased? It looked like the Toyota plate was one piece that covered everything

Okay I thought it was just one skid plate that covers everything? But there is a trans and an engine skid plate that both need to be purchased? It looked like the Toyota plate was one piece that covered everything
One plate would be too big to handle easily when taking off and then back on for maintenance.

They cover a huge area, you don't want that in one piece. It's a great design where the front overlaps the rear so you don't have to remove the rear if you are just changing oil.

Back