OEM Roof Rack(PT970-60241) - I have questions . . . . .

Wahoo

📛 Founding Member
Jul 30, 2024
Media
Vadnais Heights
Vehicles
2024 LC LC Traiil Dust
I have an LC/LC being delivered next week. I want OEM Roof Rack(PT970-60241). I have been told from my dealer that there is a national backlog on this.

Questions:
  1. Any clues on when backlog will be over?
  2. Will this be "VIN Locked" to FE?
  3. Is there a 3rd party, slimline, Roof Rack that ends at the B-Pillar? (just like the OEM one - not intrested in a Roof rack that covers the full roof)
  4. Does anyone have one to sell to me . . . pretty please :)

Thank you

I have an LC/LC being delivered next week. I want OEM Roof Rack(PT970-60241). I have been told from my dealer that there is a national backlog on this.

Questions:
  3. Is there a 3rd party, slimline, Roof Rack that ends at the B-Pillar? (just like the OEM one - not intrested in a Roof rack that covers the full roof)

Thank you
I don't see why it would be vin locked to only those with FE's, it's an option on all the other trims.(was factory installed on our LC trim)

Do a web search for the part number PT970-60241 and see an endless list of online toyota parts departments ready to sell you this part for a discount. If you aren't feeling lucky and can resist the YOLO order, reach out to them and ask what the turn around time is.

You aren't limited to your own dealership!

Do a web search for the part number PT970-60241 and see an endless list of online toyota parts departments ready to sell you this part for a discount. If you aren't feeling lucky and can resist the YOLO order, reach out to them and ask what the turn around time is.

I checked three different online part dealers, they are all saying national backlog…. Has anybody found a place that has any in stock?

I bugged a nice Toyota Dealership Part guy and he used the toyota dealership "part locator" system and gave me 7 places that had inventory of the roof rack but were NOT listed as available AKA they were allready sold but just not yet picked up. I spent my lunch Hour calling around the country - NO LUCK!

600+ on backorder I was told with zero ETA . . . . .

BTW: I called 4 different online part dealers - same story

Anybody got any tips here?

Sounds like at this rate, I’ll have one as a Christmas gift.

Questions:

Thank you
I'm wanting to remove mine but we live so far apart. When I bought it I said that roof rack really made the vehicle but now I'm just not so sure. I suppose that's why you want to put it on because of how good it makes the vehicle look and not because you're going to use it?

Questions:

Thank you
I purchased a new LC and got the OEM racks.....came after the sale and installed them myself just now. For what its worth, the OEM racks are marvelously made.....really meticulous and fit is extremely tight. Instructions are a little weak but not too hard to figure out. Only tip is that there is a "front" sticker on one rack....obviously that means that rack goes on the front. The width of the rails is not uniform for and aft....slighly narrower in back. I mounted mine 19" from the rear of each rail and I think that works vs. putting them forward of the B pillar. Hope I didn't screw this up...I don't recall anything in the instructions specifying mounting behind B pillar. BOttom line, these are expensive but made like a swiss watch and fit is perfect. I would shy away from an aftermarket product. As for availability, I think more are now in the system.

Both. What limits it from being useful?
It's not as robust as many 3rd party roof racks, but I have found that it makes no wind noise and is just enough for my needs. Roof top tent, or attach an awning, cargo box, jerry can etc. Plus, I think it does look cool!
If you want to put much more that the 165 lbs that its rated for, get a Prinsu, Front Runner or Wescott Designs.

Here's my post about installation --> Link

The FE-style roof rack is not VIN-locked, but they do make you add your VIN if you order from Toyota. Labor Day sale current through end of today adds 15% onto what the online dealer price shows; was surprised I could order from my local dealer and it was less expensive than all the online dealers that typically sell cheap.

Back