New Tires Already

My apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Can anyone with the 20s confirm what the size of your included spare is? Is that still a 265/70r18? Or do the 20 equipped LC also come with a 20" spare rim?

Asking because the dealership messed up and put my preorder on the wrong VIN#. Ended up with one that was missing the 20s, which was the one deal breaker option for me! Thankfully they have been awesome about it. Ordering the rims and not charging me. Can't complain there. Kind of works out better in a way since I wanted different tires anyway, but wondering about the spare. Thx
I did get confirmation that it indeed has a 20 underneath too. I mean, I figured as much but they were trying to avoid ordering a 5th rim I guess. :) We got that all straight now. Whew

Loving the LC overall! Coming from a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, I knew the screen would be an upgrade but I had forgotten just how low res the previous cameras actually were. It reminded me of the first time I saw an HD tv picture. lol

Not understanding why everyone is hell bent on getting rid of the OEM tires. I understand thin sidewalls and rocks, I understand when folks want a beefier look. But for street use and dirt roads.......... they work pretty good. I won't be replacing them with the same when they wear down, I'll probably go with KO2s as I know they are pretty quite and wear well, but not until they are needed.
I was planning on swapping stock tires for 3PMSF AT's when it got closer to winter. We get very mild winters in my part of Canada. My experience with many different AT's and Winter Tires is that AT's vary widely in their ability and winters are best in snow, but kind of suck on the mostly clear roads around here.

Which was all well and good until I fired off an email to a friend of a friend Manager of a tire shop. Offered me a deal on the AT4W's that I just couldn't pass up. So pulled the trigger!

Thanks for your post! I'm also dealing with limited garage space. Can you share the overall height measurement of your garage space?
My garage opening is 6' 6". It fits in there with literally a millimeter of clearance... the vinyl part at bottom of the garage door barely rubs against the 3G antennae at top. Going with the taller tires didn't seem to make hardly a difference either.

Has anyone looked at Michelin iceX for the 20 rim ?
As it happens, I've been using the Michelin X-Ice tires on my Audi S5 as winter tires (18") for like 7 years now; they're great and seem to have a lot of life left.

Here are a few more tire photos for those interested. I just got the windows tinted so of course needed a fresh set of pics. I'm pretty pleased at how it fills up the wheel well gap a little more.
Did you match the tint of the rear windows? Is that level of tinit leagal where you live or are you just rolling the dice. I really want to tint the front windows to match the rear but am a bit nervous this gives probable cause to get stopped . . . . . any body have that worry or am I just a worry wart?!

Did you match the tint of the rear windows? Is that level of tinit leagal where you live or are you just rolling the dice. I really want to tint the front windows to match the rear but am a bit nervous this gives probable cause to get stopped . . . . . any body have that worry or am I just a worry wart?!
Depends on your jurisdiction. Where I live it's intentionally vauge. Police have to be able to see you inside, that's all. I've tinted the rear passengers and hatch at one level, the front doors a little lighter (so I can see turning corners at night) and the windshield. Technically the windshield is a no-no, but it's not tinted, it's clear film for the heat rejection properties.

Hi Wahoo,

I went with a pretty dark tint on the driver and passenger side windows, and their darkest on everything else including the sunroof (nothing on windshield though).

I've had the same level of tint on my Audi for the past many years without a problem. Like someone posted above, though, it depends on your area. I am in SW Michigan.

Mine came with the 20 inch wheels and the Dunlop grandtrek tires 265/60r20.

Want to get some 275/60r20s but so many choices.

Is getting LT tires going to destroy my ride quality? Just going back and forth. Want something better than the stock but with equal or hopefully better ride quality and performance. Not a ton of non LT options.

Mine came with the 20 inch wheels and the Dunlop grandtrek tires 265/60r20.

Want to get some 275/60r20s but so many choices.

Is getting LT tires going to destroy my ride quality? Just going back and forth. Want something better than the stock but with equal or hopefully better ride quality and performance. Not a ton of non LT options.
I am most likely going to put Toyo’s (forgot the proper ’designation’ of them, but they are on a spread sheet somewhere on This forum) on my FE after the Michelin’s are used up. They are probably the closest ones to the weight of the Michelin’s, and are triple peak all weather tires IIRC.

I am most likely going to put Toyo’s (forgot the proper ’designation’ of them, but they are on a spread sheet somewhere on This forum) on my FE after the Michelin’s are used up. They are probably the closest ones to the weight of the Michelin’s, and are triple peak all weather tires IIRC.
The open country a/3 III right? Non LT version. I was looking at those as well.

Decisions decisions.

The open country a/3 III right? Non LT version. I was looking at those as well.

Decisions decisions.
I think those are the ones. Very close in weight to the MIchelins that came on ‘Miss Daisy’, okay for snow (albeit nothing close to Blizzaks or Michelin Ice tires), and kinda ‘off road’ appearance. At my age, I have no desire to have some of these Macho super knobby looking tires on ‘Miss Daisy’

Back