Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Car Care Nut touched on this briefly. The hitch being integrated into the frame could pose problems if rear ended and the hitch is damaged. Does this mean the frame needs to be replaced if the hitch is damaged and you want to use it again? Seems like a short sighted design.
Bolted, riveted or welded all three fastening methods would result in a similar repair if rearended hard enough........... cut out the hitch, straighten the frame (if needed) install and secure a new hitch in the frame. Being the LC is a frame on construction, it would take a lot of damage to total it. A unibody really can't take much smushing before it's totaled.

How can I find out if my FE LC which has been on hold at the Port since 4/5/24 is cleared for transport? Thank you!! Dr. M
I could be wrong but if it says "in transit" vs "build phase" and has a window sticker online, it has already entered freight status

Bolted, riveted or welded all three fastening methods would result in a similar repair if rearended hard enough........... cut out the hitch, straighten the frame (if needed) install and secure a new hitch in the frame. Being the LC is a frame on construction, it would take a lot of damage to total it. A unibody really can't take much smushing before it's totaled.
There is a bit more forgiveness with the bolt on design. One of our vehicles with a factory bolt on trailer hitch was rear ended and the hitch spread and needed replaced but the frame was fine.

I could be wrong but if it says "in transit" vs "build phase" and has a window sticker online, it has already entered freight status
Makes sense but who knows...... My status has changed several times since "Vessel Arrive" the status I'm waiting on is "Arrival at Dealership"...... Fingers crossed next week!

From Facebook

"Two things on the quality hold are skid plates and a hose needing to be checked. I was in a meeting with the ExecVP of Toyota, Jack Hollis, this week and this is what he said the hold- ups are. The good news is yours has already been processed and went to freight status, which means as soon as the QC hold is lifted it will be on a truck quickly. Been such a mess with these QC Holds."
I believe absolutely everything I read on Facebook!

This is a forum for people to share information, experiences, and opinions in a positive manner.

I posted something I encountered on FB, for people to read and draw their own conclusions.

I didn't post it to be personally attacked. You crossed the line.

Yea... Me Too... but on the West coast! Exactily how many Toyota LC can actualy be on the road given all the delays? I have Seen 2 on actual lots... before all the hold Shit? I have never seen a ACTUAL 2024 Toyota Landcruiser drive down the road with a owner in the driver seat! Ever!!! In Phoeniz AZ...

It's seems to be that Bad!!! WITH THE DELAYS!!!
Same man. I’m in gilbert, havent seen a single one. Ive seen 2 GX550’s

This is a forum for people to share information, experiences, and opinions in a positive manner.

I posted something I encountered on FB, for people to read and draw their own conclusions.

I didn't post it to be personally attacked. You crossed the line.
I apologize if you feel personally attacked. It wasn’t meant that way, it was just a little sarcasm meant to be a little humorous.

1719201812298.jpeg

Well here it is, photo proof that LC Mid-Tier's w/ premium packages are showing up at dealers now. This one was posted by a saleswoman on a Facebook group. Checked on the dealers site, it's available (no deposit), so you lucky few in Houston, nows your chance if you were looking for a blue one!

Crossing my fingers we start to see this happen over the coming week or two across the country!

View attachment 3312

Well here it is, photo proof that LC Mid-Tier's w/ premium packages are showing up at dealers now. This one was posted by a saleswoman on a Facebook group. Checked on the dealers site, it's available (no deposit), so you lucky few in Houston, nows your chance if you were looking for a blue one!

Crossing my fingers we start to see this happen over the coming week or two across the country!

Relax, I'm kidding, sarcasm, I'm sorry!

I just posted this reply in the ETA thread as well...

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."

Others within about 250 miles of me that had similar delivery estimates now all have that same status on the Toyota website. There are some with dates further out (like July delivery estimates) that still show an actual date, so it wasn't an automatic update for all LCs in the system.
We where scheduled to get our LAndcruiser First Edition June 19-24 again cancelled. Now it is showing arriving in November. What the heck is going on?

We where scheduled to get our LAndcruiser First Edition June 19-24 again cancelled. Now it is showing arriving in November. What the heck is going on?
Not trying to offend here.......... You are now like the rest of us awaiting delivery....... Mine arrived at port 4-12-24, est delivery 5-6-24, when do I expect it .... hopefully by Christmas.

Just got notified my FE is on 57 quality control hold and is on a railcar in Santa Fe NM. It was suppose to arrive at the AZ dealership yesterday. Has been in transit for over 2 months! What a mess this roll out is---as well as the one for the Taco's!
Not near as bad as the Bronco rollout in 2021. Ford still holds the crown for that.

How can I find out if my FE LC which has been on hold at the Port since 4/5/24 is cleared for transport? Thank you!! Dr. M
Your dealer should be able to tell you. I think the screen shots people are showing is what the dealer sees in their internal software.

November? WTF? What is the chassis number (last five digits of VIN)? Maybe it’s a very late production. It looks to me like you can pretty much line up chassis number and expected arrival except for the first few thousand which are awaiting QC.

Back