Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Hopefully they get to mine quickly! It arrived mid May some time. Would be nice to have it before the 4th but that isn't looking likely.

Would you recommend not to buy Bronco? Buddy of mine had a new Mustang that had problems, and no one could fix it. So Ford has given him credit, and he is considering buying a Bronco to return his money and sell it immediately. I do not know Ford hence I am asking.
If he's getting it to flip it, maybe? The demand has gone way down on them so he likely won't make any money. It would probably be picking it up and then going straight to Carvana to sell it.

If he's interested in keeping it to drive - run away fast.
The rear seats don't have AC vents except on the floor, so your passengers will be hot. The sound deadening is nonexistent, you have to basically yell to talk to your front seat passengers if you're going anywhere above 65mph. The head unit sucks and mine constantly crashed, i often had to press and hold the power button to reboot it while i was driving just to get my phone connection back. Random shit on it broke all the time. My soft top latch decided it wanted to be in two pieces, but the latch isn't replaceable, so I had to drive around with a duct taped soft top while we waited for a replacement top. the front left speaker array just stopped working, replacing the speaker and part of the harness didn't solve it. replacing the head unit didn't solve it. the digital dash would randomly malfunction while driving on the highway. I was going 75+ but the dash would display that I was going 30mph. This happened at least twice a week, and ws ultimately the reason ford bought the pile of shit back from me.

I put 18,000 miles on it in the year i owned it. It was great for offroading and camping, but genuinely horrible at every other aspect of being a vehicle.

Just got a VIN assigned by a local dealer (at MSRP) and supposed to land in 3 weeks.
I asked about the QC hold and he said it still going for some, but mine don't have QC hold.

Appears to be the newly produced units already have whatever was the problem fixed/verified before shipping.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Estimated delivery as late July.

Just got a message from our dealer that ours just got released and will arrive 6/24 to 7/1. So i'm not holding my breath on this news, but it looks like they may finally be rolling out. Ours was on hold since April. Fingers crossed!
Hope you are right mine FE has been stuck in Long Beach also for a very long time. I am a retired Longshore man and know the Toyota dock very well and they are just sitting every were on the Toyota dock it hurts just seeing them all ,It’s crazy

I, like many others, placed a LC reservation. One just rolled on the lot in a configuration very similar, so I swiped it up. I still have my reservation estimated 6/28-7/13. I'd expect the tail end of that as it just got out of production, but hoping that means it avoids a hold. That being said, if anyone wants it I wont cancel it.

Don’t know how true it is but my dealer told me today the qc delay is the passenger side air bag not deployable while window is rolled down. His first 2 allocations are on that hold. He was able to trade an allocation for me (1958—>lc) with a dealer down state. Different batch than the qc holds. Expecting delivery late July early August.

Don’t know how true it is but my dealer told me today the qc delay is the passenger side air bag not deployable while window is rolled down. His first 2 allocations are on that hold. He was able to trade an allocation for me (1958—>lc) with a dealer down state. Different batch than the qc holds. Expecting delivery late July early August.
The Grand Highlander and Lexus TX are on stop sale IIRC because of the driver-side side-curtain airbag would not deploy properly with the window open. I'm skeptical of any explanation since only the people at the ports and Toyota HQ know whats going on. Its not impossible that the same issue exists on other models but everyone's vehicle will get to the dealer when they get there and not a moment sooner... 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander 4-door SUV

1719341895483.png

All these posts of releases have me feeling a renewed sense of hope. Keep the good news coming. Portland QC captives, any signs of progress?

Just got a VIN assigned by a local dealer (at MSRP) and supposed to land in 3 weeks.
I asked about the QC hold and he said it still going for some, but mine don't have QC hold.

Appears to be the newly produced units already have whatever was the problem fixed/verified before shipping.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Estimated delivery as late July.
What’s the last four of your VIN? Would be interesting to see what number they figured out fixes for !

What’s the last four of your VIN? Would be interesting to see what number they figured out fixes for !

R5003754
R5 is the Tahara factory if I remember correctly
Not sure if that makes any difference for the QC holds

R5003754
R5 is the Tahara factory if I remember correctly
Not sure if that makes any difference for the QC holds
Me neither but I was hoping they figured it out before my production number - I finally got an allocation after a deposit last August and I’m hoping it does not QC hold - mine is R5 Tahara as well - dnt have mine in front of me but my number is just barely over 3K for my last 4

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

View attachment 2107
Just talked to my dealer in Portland and progress is being made. My dealer did say it was the sunroof issue. They are working on the Portland Land Cruisers now in port. Said it should be only a couple of weeks for mine to arrive at the dealership.

Just talked to my dealer in Portland and progress is being made. My dealer did say it was the sunroof issue. They are working on the Portland Land Cruisers now in port. Said it should be only a couple of weeks for mine to arrive at the dealership.
Great news as mine is at Portland port. My last 4 of my FE is 7311. Do you know what yours is?

I believe mine is in Portland. My LC is in the 5000 range. I asked my dealer yesterday and it was still on QC hold. I hope mine comes off QC hold this week.

I believe mine is in Portland. My LC is in the 5000 range. I asked my dealer yesterday and it was still on QC hold. I hope mine comes off QC hold this week.
Uggg so numbers on vin mean nothing 😔

Back