Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Dealer just sent us a photo of ours getting off loaded at the dealership! Looks like all those that were on hold may be cleared now. We had an FE that was supposed to be delivered in May to Monterey CA, hopefully well worth the wait!

I just posted this reply in the ETA thread as well...

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."

Others within about 250 miles of me that had similar delivery estimates now all have that same status on the Toyota website. There are some with dates further out (like July delivery estimates) that still show an actual date, so it wasn't an automatic update for all LCs in the system.
My New LC/FE, just arrived yesterday in Novato, Ca. My dealer said several are being delivered to dealers now, at least in Northern Cal. Very excited to pick it up and put some 35”s on there!

Attachments

• IMG_4687.png
    IMG_4687.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
The QC dam is bursting everywhere. Mine built 4/23, QC held 5/17, arrived NJ port early June, now arriving to VA dealer July 3-6 !! LC with sunroof.

Does everyone out of QC hold have a window sticker available? Mine does not. Does that happen when its been processed? ETA is 7/2-7/6

Does everyone out of QC hold have a window sticker available? Mine does not. Does that happen when its been processed? ETA is 7/2-7/6
You get a new sticker when it gets processed. Your dealer can get it for you.

The sticker found usually at the dealers site can be downloaded as you know. But the watermark usually coving the front of the sticker can be removed with Acrobat. I used PDF Expert to remove the watermarks.

For what it’s worth dealer told me today that the sticker shows up online when the car leaves port and is considered freight (via car hauler or rail) also said it was sunroof issue

For what it’s worth dealer told me today that the sticker shows up online when the car leaves port and is considered freight (via car hauler or rail) also said it was sunroof issue
Dealer lied to you........... I've had my window sticker since it was out of build phase........ it's been in port since 4-12-24.

My best guess is once stock number has been assigned, I have no idea who would assign them, maybe the dealer IDK, but once a stock number showed up on the Toyota site so did the window sticker.

My FE is gonna be 4 months old and have a dead battery by the time I get it lol. I havent seen any being released that are on QC hold at the train yard final destination. Still just says 56 day hold .......day 41 and counting , just my luck with such a low vin i guess 0651

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpg
    RenderedImage.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 92

Dealer lied to you........... I've had my window sticker since it was out of build phase........ it's been in port since 4-12-24.

My best guess is once stock number has been assigned, I have no idea who would assign them, maybe the dealer IDK, but once a stock number showed up on the Toyota site so did the window sticker.
I think it goes out of build phase once it is processed at the port. Mines is on a ship to hit the port on tomorrow and is is still showing as build phase and I don’t have a window sticker yet. So I think JoT is correct on this.

Not s

Not even surprised - there’s a stock number on dealer site

I still can’t help but think maybe this was a planned “qc hold”. Toyota gets a bunch of vehicles allocated to consumers. Place a hold on the vehicles. Reveal the 4Runner to see how many people cancel their allocation to wait on a 4r. Or after the 4r reveal how many people jump on the lc train (me for 1) because Americans are vain and it’s a good way to do market research for future design engineers. Toyota is very secretive.

I still can’t help but think maybe this was a planned “qc hold”. Toyota gets a bunch of vehicles allocated to consumers. Place a hold on the vehicles. Reveal the 4Runner to see how many people cancel their allocation to wait on a 4r. Or after the 4r reveal how many people jump on the lc train (me for 1) because Americans are vain and it’s a good way to do market research for future design engineers. Toyota is very secretive.
Could be...... but I don't think Toyota would pass up millions in sales for a research op.

Could be...... but I don't think Toyota would pass up millions in sales for a research op.
Rt, Or.. with all the other auto issues .. be doing this on purpose- IMO -

my salesman (whom I do like though he knows nothing abt what’s happening) said “I want to sell you this LC more than you want to buy it, trust me - I need cars to sell it’s my livelihood” Just another aspect of the QC hold disruption

I think it goes out of build phase once it is processed at the port. Mines is on a ship to hit the port on tomorrow and is is still showing as build phase and I don’t have a window sticker yet. So I think JoT is correct on this.
Would be cool, cuz That never happens! 😜

I still can’t help but think maybe this was a planned “qc hold”. Toyota gets a bunch of vehicles allocated to consumers. Place a hold on the vehicles. Reveal the 4Runner to see how many people cancel their allocation to wait on a 4r. Or after the 4r reveal how many people jump 🦘 on the lc train (me for 1) because Americans are vain and it’s a good way to do market research for future design engineers. Toyota is very secretive.
I think they should vary this strategy so we will never know for sure.

Mine is the same but indicates 7/1-7/3 it should be available? Still indicates processing in the system and no window sticker as of this morning. Salesperson did indicate they did expect delivery in the 7/1-7/3 timeframe and should be delivered in a day by truck from the Port of Newark.

Back