Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

FYI - My LC was released from hold yesterday, it was at long beach. The dealer's website now shows it ETA of July 18 but my sales guy hasn't given me a specific date. Sounds like it's in transit though.

My DFW bound one did as well, salesman said he could still see it on his side. Were you able to get any info from yours?
Mine in Dallas did also. Salesman gave me a term for it but do not recall. He said "that is your truck, we are not selling it to anyone else. When it gets here we will call you. Right now it is showing first of August"

Who knows- shrug

My last four are , 0626. mine has been saying it would arrive by the end of June. this morning It said it would arrive by July 10, and now it’s saying by August one. I. don’t have a lot of confidence in this. Arrived at Portland April 5. LCFE. Meteor Shower.

My fear is, I'm leaving on 2 July for a week and it'll come in and they'll sell it out from under me............. If they do, I'll be madder the two rats in a wet sock!

My fear is, I'm leaving on 2 July for a week and it'll come in and they'll sell it out from under me............. If they do, I'll be madder the two rats in a wet sock!
Yep. My dealer said once on the lot they can only hold for 24 hrs then it is available to the public

That seems pretty mad 😡

Anyone in Minnesota had one released from QC purgatory? My dealer said it made it to the rail yard in MN and then was put on hold. I haven’t seen one around here.

Mine said 48 hrs. Still pretty lame after 7mo of holding tens of thousands of my dollars hostage.
Yep. My dealer said once on the lot they can only hold for 24 hrs then it is available to the public

Talked to my guy today to remind him we’d be gone for the month of July, which is now when our LC is showing up. This is what he said “You have a deposit on the car it’s here for you and only you sir!”

Talked to my guy today to remind him we’d be gone for the month of July, which is now when our LC is showing up. This is what he said “You have a deposit on the car it’s here for you and only you sir!”
And my dealer told me "it'll be hear by 3 week in May at the latest, I guarantee it".

They lie, I tell you, they lie ...... 😆

On that note if I have a deposit and cancel do I get the money back. I have a build sheet and vin but no purchase order. Found another one on the lot so thinking of canceling mine with the deposit.

Got an update e-mail from dealership...

"Your Landcruiser is still waiting to be processed at the Long Beach, CA port. This is usually the longest part of the process as it's up to the port authority to get it done."

I was told my LC was on Hold but the e-mail shows the LC is awaiting port processing. It's been there since 4/30/24
and it's not ON HOLD per attached file he sent??? 2 months waiting for Port processing?

Wow!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 101452.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 101452.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 50
Got an update e-mail from dealership...

"Your Landcruiser is still waiting to be processed at the Long Beach, CA port. This is usually the longest part of the process as it's up to the port authority to get it done."

I was told my LC was on Hold but the e-mail shows the LC is awaiting port processing. It's been there since 4/30/24
and it's not ON HOLD per attached file he sent??? 2 months waiting for Port processing?

Wow!
It probably was on hold and then the hold removed. I think that's the sequence.

I signed a contract that gives me 3 days to make the purchase once it arrives, guess every dealer plays there own games.

Back