Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Question for those receiving ‘real dates’ again - are those only visible to the dealer and/or dealer supplied link or will SmartPath update also? ‘Mine’ has looked like this on SmartPath for a month. Just wondering if it will change and I should keep checking here or if this will never change and it will just show up.

View attachment 3439
Yes, both Smart Path and the dealer website (and a phone call from my salesman).

Newark, NJ
How long has yours been there and is yours a First Edition or Landcruiser edition? Thanks for your feedback mine arrived in Newark on June 7th and went into QA hold shortly after arriving. Just attempting to gage when mine might get out of QA and how long it has been for some for those coming out of Newark.

Do y'all have to ask your dealer for updates or is there a hacky way to check current status if you know your vin?
Dealer only. This is my biggest frustration. My salesman is either new, or technologically inept, or worse, or all of the above. He is unable to dig for specifics. He keeps repeating "All I know is all LCs are on hold . . ." When I tell him to look up one of the 1958s coming into his own dealership and see if it's on hold, he repeats "All I know . . ."

Now he has the Prius issue confused with LCs and is telling me even if they come in they're not allowed to sell them. Everything I know is from this forum, not from the dealer.

And that same info is on SmartPath?

I don’t have a dealer-supplied link or a text/email way to pester them, and I’m a millennial that doesn’t like to make phone calls, so it would be great if SmartPath will update and tell me what I need to know 😅
Just keep looking at smart path if you don’t want to call - I compare Toyota smart path page, and dealer website - and for extra fun I downloaded Toyota app and occasionally copy vin to that just to see if it will give me info - BUT … I DO NOT keep it (permanently add it) in the app as if it belongs to me due to not wanting to have Issues when I actually purchase it as indicated -could very well happen -on this forum (glad that was posted I believe by Trailman) also I call my dealer once a week … which isn’t fun for me either ..I feel you

The FE on smartpath that showed up in the same allocation wave as me LC LC just got new dates. Unfortunately my LC isn't on smartpath anymore (hasn't been for weeks) so I don't know if it also has dates or not:(

How long has yours been there and is yours a First Edition or Landcruiser edition? Thanks for your feedback mine arrived in Newark on June 7th and went into QA hold shortly after arriving. Just attempting to gage when mine might get out of QA and how long it has been for some for those coming out of Newark.
Mine arrived as a FE in Newark 5/3/24.

Looks like they're clearing really fast now. Makes it frustrating that they seemingly sat on them for like a month.

Same here. Ordered an LC trim in Mid April and just received notification that it should be available before 6/28.

Last edited:
Finally cleared the QC hold in Portland, ETA to dealer is 6/28-7/4 in the Toyota tracker and 6/28-7/5 in Smart Path (updated 30 min ago to show the movement).

Looks like I’m getting a LC soon!
Is your dealer close to the port? Seems like a very short leadtime between port and dealer.

I live in DFW and my vehicle is being process in Long Beach. Wondering how long the rail will take.

Is your dealer close to the port? Seems like a very short leadtime between port and dealer.

I live in DFW and my vehicle is being process in Long Beach. Wondering how long the rail will take.
My dealer is about 4 1/2 hours south of the port in OR. So probably transported via truck. Hoping for delivery to the dealer by the first as I’ll be a few hours away in Oregon, and available to pick it up.

Just another data point…my FE has been at PDX since 4/22, has had the “Contact Dealer for Availability” for at least the last month after dates dropped off; just today dates came back 6/29 - 7/8 so that is the first positive thing for me with this in months.

My LC has disappeared entirely from Toyota's inventory site and my dealer's website... the only reasonable explanation is that my LC was sacrificed so yours could live, pls enjoy them for me
My DFW bound one did as well, salesman said he could still see it on his side. Were you able to get any info from yours?

Back