Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

is there some way to determine status of a LC on QC hold independent of going through the dealer? Mine has been stuck in Portland.

Checked Toyota's inventory page for a 50 mile radius. There is not a single one without a specific availability date. None show "check with dealer". Still no word on mine, but today is "bug your salesman day"

Checked Toyota's inventory page for a 50 mile radius. There is not a single one without a specific availability date. None show "check with dealer". Still no word on mine, but today is "bug your salesman day"
My Landcruiser w Prem Package in Portland just switched to freight status this morning. We have 3 total in hold status and fortunately mine was released. Finally, it’s been at Port since May 1st.

Just got a call from my dealer in DFW, Landcruiser with Prem Package just switched to freight status this morning, and it is on a truck shipping from Houston to Dallas.
Could be here anytime now.
Dealer wants me to come in and do the paperwork tomorrow so they can count this towards their June sales, regardless of the vehicle presence at the dealer, and said i can back out even after the paperwork is signed. Is that true?
I just wanted to see it and take a test drive just in case anything i really don't like about it.

Just got a call from my dealer in DFW, Landcruiser with Prem Package just switched to freight status this morning, and it is on a truck shipping from Houston to Dallas.
Dealer wants me to come in and do the paperwork tomorrow so they can count this towards their June sales, regardless of the vehicle presence at the dealer, and said i can back out even after the paperwork is signed. Is that true?
I just wanted to see it and take a test drive just in case anything i really don't like about it.
Congratulations! Did the status (the estimated availability date) change on either Toyota.com, or the dealer's website.

My LC FE in Trail Dust with an approximately 1500 last 4 VIN was updated in Smartpath earlier this week to 7/5-7/10, then went immediately to 6/24-6/30, then a day later 6/25-7/3, then yesterday morning the dates dropped all together and a few hours later I got the call from the dealer it had arrived. I pick it up in a few hours

I'm in Modesto (Northern CA) and about 90 miles from the Benicia Port where it was processed.

First picture is one they happened to have on lot and second is the new ride
1000003288.jpg

1000003287.jpg

I would wait till you can physically inspect the vehicle before doing any paperwork. They will need sales next month as well. Once you sign legal documents it’s not easy to unravel. In Wisconsin when you do all the paperwork which includes licensing, sales tax and dealer fees the sales tax is paid immediately to the state. I personally would wait you’ve waited this long already.

Congratulations! Did the status (the estimated availability date) change on either Toyota.com, or the dealer's website.
Thank you!
The dealer's website still shows In Production, so i think the dealer probably change them manually in the system.
What's odd was, my build disappeared on Toyota smartpath a week ago, i still couldn’t find it, but it was on dealer's.

I would wait till you can physically inspect the vehicle before doing any paperwork. They will need sales next month as well. Once you sign legal documents it’s not easy to unravel. In Wisconsin when you do all the paperwork which includes licensing, sales tax and dealer fees the sales tax is paid immediately to the state. I personally would wait you’ve waited this long already.
I agree with you as well.
Thanks!

My LC FE in Trail Dust with an approximately 1500 last 4 VIN was updated in Smartpath earlier this week to 7/5-7/10, then went immediately to 6/24-6/30, then a day later 6/25-7/3, then yesterday morning the dates dropped all together and a few hours later I got the call from the dealer it had arrived. I pick it up in a few hours

I'm in Modesto (Northern CA) and about 90 miles from the Benicia Port where it was processed.

First picture is one they happened to have on lot and second is the new ride View attachment 3573

View attachment 3572
Mine got dates back two days ago, then dates dropped last night so hoping that means it’s been delivered.

Just make them put it in the contract, if they can't due to computer generated forms etc.......... ask if the GM would state on camera that you can back out etc........ Wouldn't take it from anyone other than the General Manager.

My FE is gonna be 4 months old and have a dead battery by the time I get it lol. I havent seen any being released that are on QC hold at the train yard final destination. Still just says 56 day hold .......day 41 and counting , just my luck with such a low vin i guess 0651
There was only one FE in vancouver auto show and yellow tape all around it so no one could enter or see it up close. After the auto show was over a video surfaced in whatsapp. It had a dead battery and some wannabe mechanic tried to jump it. He had no clue how to boost it and fried all the electronics hence it was all taped off.
You might want to check everything is working correctly before you drive off the lot.

Just make them put it in the contract, if they can't due to computer generated forms etc.......... ask if the GM would state on camera that you can back out etc........ Wouldn't take it from anyone other than the General Manager.
Thank you, that’s a great advice!
Hopefully the car gets delivered this weekend so I can take a final look and sign the paperwork before 7/1.

Back