Anyone purchasing below MSRP?

Wow! I bought from Phillips Toyota a few weeks ago. Got a $2,500 discount on mine before fees. Did you get an advertised price, or negotiate that?

Wow! I bought from Phillips Toyota a few weeks ago. Got a $2,500 discount on mine before fees. Did you get an advertised price, or negotiate that?
The $4,899 discount was advertised on the Toyota site and their site…that said, when I reached out they wanted to add a $1,695 add-on package that was not part of the ad…along with their high dealer fee I told them it was not good for me and I would not pursue. Soon after they came back to me asking if I’d put a deposit if they took off that fee. So that’s what we did…so yes, there was some negotiation to get that add-on off and make it what I thought was “a good deal”. All done via text and e-mail…
At the same time they had another one with a $68,994 MSRP…that one was discounted $5,311.
I think it was just good timing…they had quite a few (9, I think) coming in around the same time. It was the only reason I bought a LC…was going to buy a 4R Pro, but being able to get a LC for just a few thousand more was a no-brainer.
That all said, your $2,500 discount is good too…the dealers near me in metro-Atlanta (EDIT: near us - I just saw you are also in Atlanta) are absolutely ridiculous with their adjustments, mark-ups, add-ons and other nonsense on any car that someone would actually want….it’s +$5k plus add’l nonsense add-ons most places.
Most importantly, I am loving my LC…so glad I got it.

Bought my LC last week, heritage blue/grayscale with premium package, 20in wheels, sticker was just over $70k, negotiated down to $66k out the door. Toyota of East Stroudsburg, PA.

The MSRP for my '24 FE Heritage Blue was $77,564 and was able to get it for $72,292.27 (not including taxes). It was the only LC on their lot and their last FE. The color was my second choice so they took an initial $1,500 off, and then I spoke with my bank and they would only finance $77,437.00 (including the taxes). I called the dealership in Columbus, that had my first choice in color, to see if they would match and they wouldn't budge from MSRP + Taxes. My first choice color was not worth $5,271.73 extra, so I bought the HB and I like it more now.

We just bought a Dusty Trail Landcruiser from McGee Toyota in Claremont, NH. MSRP was $69,500 +/- (my wife has the car today!). We were able to get $2,000 off MSRP just by asking. It was on the lot, but it was the only one that was actually there (so many dealerships have "incoming" that they lis as there!). Great buying experience. The finance guy made a mistake and offered me the 10 year 125,000 mile extended warranty for $2,200 which in retrospect, I should have taken. When I tried to negotiate to $2,000, he admitted he had made a mistake and showed me that his cost on that warranty was $2,640. I could have pushed him, but the overall experience was so good, that I didn't want to. I'm also not sure I need the extended warranty anyway - this is a Toyota, not a Land Rover!

Back