Anyone purchasing below MSRP?

I have a deposit in for a FE at a local dealership w no markups, w a 56 day quality control hold which was notified as of 5/17. (Ouch). I saw an article that said some dealerships are selling 2024 LCโ€™s below MSRP up to 5k below. Anyone encounter this? And any for FEโ€™s? If so, were they only applicable to unclaimed LCโ€™s on dealership lots or for previous held deposits?

Also, anyone have any luck negotiating anything when you came in to pick your LC up? Thanks!!
In San Antonio they are automatically adding $5k to all models market adjustment and dealer add ons from $5-7k from what I have seen. The price points are $70k, $80k, and $90k. Iโ€™ve known my salesman for 20 years and I got my 1958 for $67k. He ended up giving me $43K for my 2021 4Runner Venture Edition with a bluebook value of $37K. I know that they just play around with the numbers to make the deal work, but given the market conditions, I was reasonably satisfied with the end result.

I'm in Austin and waiting for my 1958 in Meteor Shower to arrive from a dealer about 45 minutes out of town. I am still keeping my eyes open for a better deal, but good with what I negotiated on this one. Base MSRP as you know is $56K. Distributor add ons (seems like everything from Gulf States Toyota has very similar junk added) $2129. Delivery Processing and Handling (???) $1545. A negotiated $3077 discount got it to $56,836 + TTL. There are a couple of dealers in Central Texas that are advertising 5% off or better, but they were difficult to get to respond so not sure if it was for real or not.

Add ons (none of which I wanted at all):
Connectivity kit (cables)
Vertical Cargo Net
Premium Floor Mats
Illuminated Door Sills
Vehicle Protection Package
Predator Drop Step (will be swapping this for a slider)
Rear Cargo Organizer

1725141280171.png

I just picked up a 1958 for 57k (tsrp 59,913). My wife got tired of me thinking about it so she pushed me to get it today

Has anyone been able to negotiate away the cost of TOYOguard or other things like the illuminated door sills, pain protection film? They are on the sticker rather than on the dealer 2nd sticker, so seem like Toyota add ons rather than dealer add ons. I'm not sure if you can negotiate them away or not.

Nope. TOYOGUARD is a forced SET mafia add on. The rest are added at port and needed to be removed before it lands at port. Those are added by the dealer and SET mafia. Basically I tell folks that buying a Toyota in Florida automatically adds $3K. Dealer fee, $699 TOYOGUARD, plus random added junk.

I need to make a correction regarding my earlier post. While the car I have a deposit on is priced under MSRP, it is not as much under MSRP as I posted earlier. The car is $2,549 under TSRP, not MSRP. In my case, TSRP included Toyoguard Platinum and Delivery fees ($699 and $1,450, respectively). Actual price is $500 under MSRP. The window sticker recently became available; I caught my error while reviewing it. My apologies.

Base MSRP
61950​
Special color (trail dust)
350​
All weather cargo mats
130​
Land Cruiser Premium Package
4600​
20-inch alloy wheels (not optional with premium pkg right now)
1240​
Delivery processing
1450​
Dealer adjustment
-1739.5​
TOTAL
67980.5​
Proc/Doc Fee
399​

I paid $2k under MRSP last week on a non-premium Land Cruiser trim.

I had been on the waitlist since last July at my local dealer and have been waiting for a non-20โ€ wheel mid trim (which seems to be nonexistent here in the Midwest). Dealer offered to discount my black LC for me if I bought before end of the month. Still not the biggest fan of the 20โ€ wheelsโ€” but love the Land Cruiser.
Less roll and squealing around corners in the 20" wheels

Nope. TOYOGUARD is a forced SET mafia add on. The rest are added at port and needed to be removed before it lands at port. Those are added by the dealer and SET mafia. Basically I tell folks that buying a Toyota in Florida automatically adds $3K. Dealer fee, $699 TOYOGUARD, plus random added junk.
Except Earl Stewart Toyota in North Palm Beach. Added Southeast options are usually none or one. There are never any dealer fees.
IMG_5034.jpeg
IMG_5032.jpeg

Last edited:
Except Earl Stewart Toyota in North Palm Beach. Added Southeast options are usually none or one. There are never any dealer fees.View attachment 10727View attachment 10729
Correct. Dealers can request to add or remove port installed items but almost all do not. They might be the only Toyota dealer in FL without a dealer fee also. A rare breed indeed.

Over here by me lots of discounts on the 1958s. And there's one dealer, different than mine, with a Black FE with the exact discount I got on mine. It's big discount, make sure to look around. 45-60 minutes can make a difference.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Land Cruiser (not '58, not FE) and the initial conversations spoke of a 10K markup. Told them we can stop the conversation now as I'd not be doing that. Came to a convo just around MSRP then. No add'l markup, but unfortunately, no markdown this way either.

Discount Received
I closed on my LCLC HB w/o PP on Aug 20th.
MSRP was $66,045 + $549 doc fee; found on the Toyota site listed with a discount of $4,346 for a sales price of $61,699 + $549 doc fee.
Vehicle was on the lot, which I believe is the reason for the discount. Purchased it through texts and email with 1 phone call and they delivered to my town hall 1.5 hours away.
Great experience buying from Jared @ Greenfield Toyota in Greenfield Mass.

I'm in Colorado. I was willing to drive anywhere in the state to find what I was looking for. There were a number of dealerships with a "fair market adjustment" added to MSRP, ranging anywhere from $5,000-$7,500. The best I could do was to get the FMA taken off and I was able to pay MSRP.

Back