On the verge

Ryhno007

πŸ“› Founding Member
Oct 15, 2024
Ky
Vehicles
Tundra, Highlander, Miata
Hi all. Certified Toyota fan here. I have owned One RAV4 XLE and one Highlander XSE. I currently own one Tundra TRD off-road and a Highlander SE. I’m 90% ready to pull the trigger on a 2024 Land Cruiser edition Land Cruiser (underground color) to be delivered late in October. Just trying to figure out how I feel about the I-force Max and its reliability. I’m open to opinions. Thoughts?

I love mine. Have had since early July and no major issues at all. Love the power train and driving feels great. Approaching 8k miles and very happy with my purchase. Highly recommended. LC LC Non Premium here.

I also follow the 2024 Tacoma forum, and no problems with the engine to mention. However, the transmission might be a different story, to the tune of a TSB on the issue, and the Toyota solution is a total transmission/torque converter replacement. The problem seems to be that residual machining debris from the torque converter contaminates the transmission. Now, the question is, is the LC transmission manufactured at the same plant as the Tacoma? Hopefully not. A possible solution, one can now order a 2025 LC. This will be my option.

Last edited:
Only time will tell with the I-Force Max engine, but I trust Toyota to stand behind any problem, IF it arises. I'm 7000K miles in on mine with plenty of highway time and some pretty severe off-roading and it has been flawless. Good luck with your decision!

I've driven both the LC (2500 miles on my LC) and the GX 550. Given a choice of powertrain, the V-6 TT is much, much better. But, I still think I'd choose the LC both for expected durability (twin turbos are great for power, but not great for overall reliability) and mpg. Did I mention the V-6 TT sounds much better? Nothing wrong with the GX 550, but the LC is a much better fit for me when I considered the overall package.

Back