2025 Year Change

Esquire

📛 Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Premium - Black / Black; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black; 2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood
Has anyone happened to verify when the incoming Landcruisers will switch to a 2025 model?

I was told by my dealer about 2 months ago that my incoming model will likely be a 2025 with an arrival date in August/Sept.

I've been wondering the same. Will Toyota delay the switchover given their 2024 rollout delays? My dealer just called me last night with an LC² that arrived yesterday, but it wasn't spec'd the way I wanted and we passed on it. That one was a 2024.

Do you think there will be any changes for 2025 model year? Or will it be like the 4Runner?

Seems like they would replace the FE with another higher level trim package. Maybe a Trail Hunter trim treatment? Just pure conjecture on my part.

I heard it mentioned and my dealer also said that it will just be Land Cruiser moving forward with some special editions along the way. The 1958 and FE are both special editions for 2024. I have a 1958 and insurance recognizes it as a Land Cruiser Base First Edition, and in several reviews it was mentioned that the 1958 is a special edition for 2024. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 1958 just becomes the base Land Cruiser in 2025. My dealer said the 2025’s will not be out until spring or summer 2025. I’m curious to see what they do with the round headlights moving forward, if they limit them to special editions or only use them for the first edition models in 2024. My guess is for 2025 it will be one model with rectangular headlights and everything will just be option packages, the larger screens, softex and leather, audio, sway bar disconnect.

Last edited:
I heard it mentioned and my dealer also said that it will just be Land Cruiser moving forward with some special editions along the way. The 1958 and FE are both special editions for 2024. I have a 1958 and insurance recognizes it as a Land Cruiser Base First Edition, and in several reviews it was mentioned that the 1958 is a special edition for 2024. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 1958 just becomes the base Land Cruiser in 2025. My dealer said the 2025’s will not be out until spring or summer 2025. I’m curious to see what they do with the round headlights moving forward, if they limit them to special editions or only use them for the first edition models in 2024. My guess is for 2025 it will be one model with rectangular headlights and everything will just be option packages, the larger screens, softex and leather, audio, sway bar disconnect.
That's cool thanks for the potential info. Maybe the round headlights will be another option too. Also, kind of fits with their lineup since 4Runner will have like 8 trim packages with different drive train options.

Interesting take on the 1958 being a special edition model. I've not heard that before. Makes me doubt it, but time will tell.

I’m curious to see what they do with the round headlights moving forward, if they limit them to special editions or only use them for the first edition models in 2024.
On one of the FB groups yesterday someone posted screenshots of the online catalog for Japan. Their base model has square reflector LED lights, the top model has the square projector lights our mid-trim gets (see below, with Google Translate version). I've seen those reflector lights on some other region's LCs as well. I'm guessing that's what the US base model will have next year.

(Also, where's our headlight cleaners???)

14.jpg

14 (1).jpg

Source:
Original & translated: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser 250 Web Catalog - Google Drive

Last edited:
My dealer said the 2025’s will not be out until spring or summer 2025.

Thanks for posting. It'll be a little odd if Toyota sells non-leftover 2024 models in 2025 when other manufacturers are selling 2026 models, but it's definitely possible. If it's a summer release, that would likely mean they actually manufacture 2024s in 2025. That would be truly weird.

Speaking of the round headlights, some owners have reported they are poor performers. Have not heard re the rectangular.

Has anyone happened to verify when the incoming Landcruisers will switch to a 2025 model?

I was told by my dealer about 2 months ago that my incoming model will likely be a 2025 with an arrival date in August/Sept.
Changeover will be sometime in November.

Speaking of the round headlights, some owners have reported they are poor performers. Have not heard re the rectangular.
I wouldn’t say the round lights are poor performance, they work quite well in projecting light down the road (both low and high beam). The odd thing is that they have a big notch in the low beam, particularly the drivers side, presumably to not blind opposing drivers. They are adjustable, not sure if this moves the notch or not too.

On one of the FB groups yesterday someone posted screenshots of the online catalog for Japan. Their base model has square reflector LED lights, the top model has the square projector lights our mid-trim gets (see below, with Google Translate version). I've seen those reflector lights on some other region's LCs as well. I'm guessing that's what the US base model will have next year.

(Also, where's our headlight cleaners???)

View attachment 4353

View attachment 4354

Source:

Also, it looks like those get auto-leveling lights. The US market LC doesn't auto-level, right?

Back