2025 Year Change

Also, it looks like those get auto-leveling lights. The US market LC doesn't auto-level, right?
I don't think so, it's not mentioned in any of the US materials. I don't think it's legal in the US yet, although I'm reading that there's been an effort to change the regulations in the last couple years. I wonder if they use a different fixture in the US or just lock out that feature?

Other than FE going away, I do hope we get an option in the US for panoramic roof (instead of moonroof) like Euro/Asian markets. I think the 3rd row seat option is unlikely (at least in the NA) given US hybrid motor battery location, but perhaps down the line in the future when other powertrains might be offered. Some new colors would be welcome as well.

Last week I had a day off and couldn't resist to go and test drive The Beast. Naturally there was no way not to put my name on one of them. While chatting with sales person I was trying to get a model year swap date, of course they didn't say anything concrete, just "it was a late release, maybe the swap will happen in December, maybe next year, I don't know, bla-bla-bla". So, I'm desperately looking for an excuse to cancel my reservation and wait for 2025 model year (afaik first model year is holding its value the worst, also truck with fresher model year will be better for my OCD in general). While searching I found couple clues:

- Toyota Chile youtube video says 2025
2025 Toyota LandCruiser Prado: Everything we know so far - LC250 is not yet launched in Australia and this article says that it'll hit the market in Q4 this year (October? November?? December???) as model year 2025

Now I'm confused even more and don't know what to do with my life 😭 I still have ~1-2w before my(?) LC will be transferred to the dealership and be ready for pick up. . . On the positive note I was able to negotiate to by it at MSRP without any extra BS for trim/color I really want 🤔 . . .

Last week I had a day off and couldn't resist to go and test drive The Beast. Naturally there was no way not to put my name on one of them. While chatting with sales person I was trying to get a model year swap date, of course they didn't say anything concrete, just "it was a late release, maybe the swap will happen in December, maybe next year, I don't know, bla-bla-bla". So, I'm desperately looking for an excuse to cancel my reservation and wait for 2025 model year (afaik first model year is holding its value the worst, also truck with fresher model year will be better for my OCD in general). While searching I found couple clues:

- Toyota Chile youtube video says 2025
2025 Toyota LandCruiser Prado: Everything we know so far - LC250 is not yet launched in Australia and this article says that it'll hit the market in Q4 this year (October? November?? December???) as model year 2025

Now I'm confused even more and don't know what to do with my life 😭 I still have ~1-2w before my(?) LC will be transferred to the dealership and be ready for pick up. . . On the positive note I was able to negotiate to by it at MSRP without any extra BS for trim/color I really want 🤔 . . .

I notice color-matching fender flares. Definitely would like this! Possibly a Limited trim? Another want, as is available on the sibling GX, are power running boards.

Last edited:
fwiw it also has headlights washer (I think it was mentioned in some post in this thread, maybe just market-specific shenanigans):
1725381505449.png

Markets outside the US have headlamp washers and color matched bumpers and fenders already in the 2024 model, I think those features will likely remain market specific. Given the relatively late introduction in 2024 I would be surprised to see much in the way of changes for the 2025 model. Possibly some new color combinations in 2025 but I would be surprised to see a new trim released (the LC with premium package is already fully loaded, not sure what else they could add). I expect they are focused on the 4Runner release at the moment and wouldn’t do anything to take away from the fanfare on that model.

Still hoping for that pano roof.

Other than FE going away, I do hope we get an option in the US for panoramic roof (instead of moonroof) like Euro/Asian markets. I think the 3rd row seat option is unlikely (at least in the NA) given US hybrid motor battery location, but perhaps down the line in the future when other powertrains might be offered. Some new colors would be welcome as well.
I would gladly buy one again, if Toyota put the bullet proof 4L V6 that is in the outgoing FourRunner.

EDIT: Please, no one tell MIss Daisy 🌼 that i said that! 😬

Last edited:
I would gladly buy one again, if Toyota put the bullet proof 4L V6 that is in the outgoing FourRunner.

I’m telln’ if I ever see her

Headlamp washers are useless (had them on a couple Rovers).
Not only useless, they are paint maintenance nightmares.

If you use washer fluid antifreeze or bug removal additives, every time they spray, the hood and front bumpers get sprayed with washer fluid that leaves hard water marks that etch into the clear coat, and won’t come out unless waxed with a relatively abrasive compound. When I had them, I could only use plain distilled water as washer fluid so to not wax every two weeks….

I'm guessing no changes except the price....
Usually you do have some changes...not all publicized or noticeable. Software is often tweaked or recalibrated in response to issues or requests from the prior model year. Suppliers are reviewed and small improvements may be requested/made to parts and Toyota may implement changes in suppliers or assembly processes as the case may be. I'm waiting for the 25's to be released before I place my order. I'm already on the list for a GX550, but may move to a LC.

I drove a 5th gen for the past 10 years, while it would be interesting to see how the engine performed with a better transmission Im not sure I would be willing to trade down in HP and torque after driving the LC.

As was mentioned the 4Runner gonna need some time on the assembly line. Toyota gonna build many more 4Runners than lc’s and all 4r’s built at Tahara. Also rumors of the Hino plant and their affiliation with Toyota coming to an end??? Other than color changes, the 2025 lc won’t have much difference than 2024 imho. The 2025 4r was supposed to be at dealerships any day now… they haven’t even released the pricing.

As was mentioned the 4Runner gonna need some time on the assembly line. Toyota gonna build many more 4Runners than lc’s and all 4r’s built at Tahara. Also rumors of the Hino plant and their affiliation with Toyota coming to an end??? Other than color changes, the 2025 lc won’t have much difference than 2024 imho. The 2025 4r was supposed to be at dealerships any day now… they haven’t even released the pricing.
Anxiously awaiting website configuration and pricing. It sure appears there will be a multitude of trims/options. How in the world is 4Runner going to make it work alongside the LC? I am nearly positive this is the reason for such limited LC trims/options. My personal opinion is the 4Runner will be marketed towards the younger folks, while us old-timers (82, and owned a 1990 FJ62) will gravitate towards the LC. Hey, from the back seat forward the 4Runner is a Taco. Add to this the SIX trim levels of the LC sibling, the GX550. Decisions made in the board room...

Back