2024 FE left wheel squealing in specific situations

Mine just starting doing this as well. Right around 2k. Only when backing up.

Happens with me almost every morning I get that noise backing out of the garage.
Something that I noticed is the parking brakes is applied automatically when moving to P.
I very rarely used parking brakes on my previous cars.
Could be something related to that.
I'll turn off the automatic parking brake and check if the noise persists.

Happens with me almost every morning I get that noise backing out of the garage.
Something that I noticed is the parking brakes is applied automatically when moving to P.
I very rarely used parking brakes on my previous cars.
Could be something related to that.
I'll turn off the automatic parking brake and check if the noise persists.
Happens to me nearly every morning as well. Hasn’t been raining and no dew on the vehicle. My driveway has a slight angle but not much. It only sounds like the front driver side. Watching for an update as well.

My LC brakes squeal like crazy.
Only in reverse.
I park in the garage.
I have over 2000 miles on the car.
Worse after a wash.
Happens at the first drive of the day…. And the second, and third…. It’s not picky.

I will turn off the auto parking brake and see if that helps. And other tips?

Noticed this today, when reversing and turning so I back out to the left.

I tried disable the auto parking brake and made no difference
Which makes sense if the noise is coming from the front wheels
I never pinpoint where’s from.

I tried disable the auto parking brake and made no difference
Which makes sense if the noise is coming from the front wheels
I never pinpoint where’s from.
The dealer told me that it seems like the brake pads were installed slightly out of alignment or something like that. It didn’t affect braking, but led to the squealing noise. I got new brake pads on this past Wednesday and haven’t noticed the squeal yet, so fingers crossed.

The dealer told me that it seems like the brake pads were installed slightly out of alignment or something like that. It didn’t affect braking, but led to the squealing noise. I got new brake pads on this past Wednesday and haven’t noticed the squeal yet, so fingers crossed.
Wow! At lest they owned up to the mistake!!

When I bought a new 2015 Transit 350, my van was one of the ones that had the rear calipers mounted onside down and on the wrong side of the van. Ford didn’t want to admit wrong doing, until someone in the government held their feet to the fire.. POS FORD..

Keep us posted.
That noise is getting more and more often.
Now even with the car "warm"
on my 5000 mile service I might bring this up if there's an actual solution

We need a poll as to how many members this has happened to. But that’s too high tech for me.

So, here is an update after replacing my brake pads and everything else around the brakes. As I pulled out to take my kids to school today, I heard that squeal again. Looks like I’m going to have to call the dealership again, because the brake pad replacement didn’t seem to do the trick.

So, here is an update after replacing my brake pads and everything else around the brakes. As I pulled out to take my kids to school today, I heard that squeal again. Looks like I’m going to have to call the dealership again, because the brake pad replacement didn’t seem to do the trick.
That is crazy. I will be interested to see what they choose to do next. Everyone needs to report/document the issue at the dealership. There has to be a fix.

That is crazy. I will be interested to see what they choose to do next. Everyone needs to report/document the issue at the dealership. There has to be a fix.
It's frustrating, but they have been great so far. I made sure to document it, so I had a video when I brought it in. Once they saw that, they conceded the issue and started to try to problem solve. Since the 2024 Land Cruisers are so new, there is not a lot in the system yet about these types of issues, but folks should definitely document this as it proceeds, because I'm seeing several people complain about it. I'll keep updating as this progresses. The truck is great otherwise.

I park mine in the garage every night. It screeches every time I back out of the garage. But stops after the initial braking. I am closing in on the 8KM check-up. I would like to see if anyone solves the issue before I bring it in.

My FE LC is also garage parked and squeals in reverse on the first drive of the day. If it sits for a couple days, the squeal is louder. I’m waiting to hear a solution before bringing into the dealership.

I heard the squeal, but only after my first trip to Moab. I just assumed some mud got somewhere it shouldn’t.

I am sitting in the Toyota dealership right now with the same issue. They can’t replicate it as it has already been driven today. They are servicing the brakes to see if that makes a difference but I am not too confident.

One thing I tested was turning off the auto-parking brake. I did it last night and I didn’t hear the squeal this morning.

I then turned off the car and set the parking brake. After about 10 minites I turned on the car again and removed the parking brake. The squealing returned when reversing and lightly applying the brake. It would be helpful is someone else tried this to see if the parking brake could be the issue.

I am sitting in the Toyota dealership right now with the same issue. They can’t replicate it as it has already been driven today. They are servicing the brakes to see if that makes a difference but I am not too confident.

One thing I tested was turning off the auto-parking brake. I did it last night and I didn’t hear the squeal this morning.

I then turned off the car and set the parking brake. After about 10 minites I turned on the car again and removed the parking brake. The squealing returned when reversing and lightly applying the brake. It would be helpful is someone else tried this to see if the parking brake could be the issue.
I tried turning off the auto parking brake. This did not mitigate the issue for me. Still squeaks.

Back