Tire Upgrade ?

So we are definite that the 275/70/18 tire will fit in the spare tire compartment?
The KO3 fits. Some other brands run a little larger in the same size. I’m eager to hear someone say an A/T4W or Duratrac RT in that size fits as a spare.

275/70/18 BFG KO3's on the new (2 day old) Cruiser. No rub, no problems.

Attachments

• 2024 Cruiser Tires R side.jpg
    2024 Cruiser Tires R side.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 141
  • 2024 Cruiser Tires R side2.jpg
    2024 Cruiser Tires R side2.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 2024 Cruiser Tires1.jpg
    2024 Cruiser Tires1.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2024 Cruiser Tires R side3.jpg
    2024 Cruiser Tires R side3.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 141
Do those fit in the spare location? I’m assuming no rubbing turning? Have you tried with the wheels near full flex?
My goal was the 285/75/R17 Toyo Open Country A/T III but there are metal brackets welded on so that size was not compatible in the factory spare location. It looked great and fit if you never had to turn... but it was also going to require more serious trimming for it to not rub.
tempImagedN4iG6.png

For these Falkens, all we did was remove the plastic valence up front, and it fits in the spare mount no problem as it is effectively the same as stock:
Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 10.16.02 PM.png

285/70/17 with zero offset wheels fit on stock suspension. With no modification. I believe with a positive offset wheel you can stuff skinny 35s in there.
Looks great!

Are those Method 703s? Any chance you can share the brake caliper clearance measurements?

ooooo... maybe i should keep my stock wheels
If that is in reference to fitment of a larger tire in the spare wheel area...... Wheel size has nothing to do with it, it's size of your tire fitting into the nesting brackets welded/riveted to the frame.. On my Taco I had to cut one of the rearward nesting brackets off to securely fit a 33" tire.

If it's in reference to TPMS, they should swap over fine, just be advised most tire shops will make you buy a TPMS rebuild kit. They claim in order to guarantee no leaks., but never actually install the kit. Me, I asked to see the kits, just an "O" ring and a new stem. After the install I asked to have the packaging from the kits........ studder, studder and magically the discounted the kits.

If that is in reference to fitment of a larger tire in the spare wheel area...... Wheel size has nothing to do with it, it's size of your tire fitting into the nesting brackets welded/riveted to the frame.. On my Taco I had to cut one of the rearward nesting brackets off to securely fit a 33" tire.

If it's in reference to TPMS, they should swap over fine, just be advised most tire shops will make you buy a TPMS rebuild kit. They claim in order to guarantee no leaks., but never actually install the kit. Me, I asked to see the kits, just an "O" ring and a new stem. After the install I asked to have the packaging from the kits........ studder, studder and magically the discounted the kits.
(I think he just liked the look of the stock wheels)

Did you need to use hub centric rings? I think the bore on those 316' is larger than OEM, right?
285/70/17 with zero offset wheels fit on stock suspension. With no modification. I believe with a positive offset wheel you can stuff skinny 35s in there.

285/70/17 with zero offset wheels fit on stock suspension. With no modification. I believe with a positive offset wheel you can stuff skinny 35s in there. View attachment 3536

285/70/17 with zero offset wheels fit on stock suspension. With no modification. I believe with a positive offset wheel you can stuff skinny 35s in there. View attachment 3536
What’s been your mpg with those on?

Back