Tire Upgrade ?

Curious to know if 285’s fit with no modifications? AT’s like KO2 or Wildpeaks
There's a FB post with:
Icon Alloy Recon SLX 18x9 +40 offset
Falken Wildpeak AT4W: load range C, 285/70/r18 33.7
No lift

He says he was unable to get them to rub in (fairly gentle?) offroading. No idea if the spare fits (I'll ask.)
Roughly, if that works the stock wheel will probably also work? Probably?

wheel.gif

If that is in reference to fitment of a larger tire in the spare wheel area...... Wheel size has nothing to do with it, it's size of your tire fitting into the nesting brackets welded/riveted to the frame.. On my Taco I had to cut one of the rearward nesting brackets off to securely fit a 33" tire.

If it's in reference to TPMS, they should swap over fine, just be advised most tire shops will make you buy a TPMS rebuild kit. They claim in order to guarantee no leaks., but never actually install the kit. Me, I asked to see the kits, just an "O" ring and a new stem. After the install I asked to have the packaging from the kits........ studder, studder and magically the discounted the kits.
I am interested in fitting a 33" tire under there.

I don't know about the LC yet, On my Taco the 33 would fit in the space with all the nesting brackets in place, however it wouldn't tuck up tight against the frame. approx 1/2" to an inch of space between the tire and the frame. Using my eyecometer, I determined if the Dvr's rear nesting bracket was trimmed, it would be a better fit. Trimming continued until I ended up removing the entire bracket........ The tire now nests between the other 3 brackets and with some giggling it will clear the tow hitch and sit tight against the frame.

The tight fit areas on the Taco are: Rearend pumpkin, Tow hitch and the exhaust pipe. I have about 1/2" clearance on the exhaust pipe shield (initially I was very worried about this, but with 25K miles since the install, there is zero signs of heat damage on the spare tire).

I believe the LC may have similar constraints, but I won't know for sure until I try my fitment. I'm probably sticking close to stock width and slightly taller KO2s

He mid-typed. He means 285/70/18. I don’t even know if there is a manufacturer that offers 285/75/18s, and for sure not in a Falken.

It is just short of a 34” tire
I was wondering and looked it up, both Falken and Toyo have their tires in LT285/75R18 which is about 35". And they fit on a 7.5" rim. In both cases it's an E load vs. the 285/70R18 C load. Between the two I'd pick the C load! I agree with you that I think those tires are 70's, not 75's.

(I'll add those 285/75R18 tires to my table for anyone who really wants to do some modification and have a 35" on stock rims!)

I was wondering and looked it up, both Falken and Toyo have their tires in LT285/75R18 which is about 35". And they fit on a 7.5" rim. In both cases it's an E load vs. the 285/70R18 C load. Between the two I'd pick the C load! I agree with you that I think those tires are 70's, not 75's.

(I'll add those 285/75R18 tires to my table for anyone who really wants to do some modification and have a 35" on stock rims!)
My bad - I thought a 285/75/18 was pretty much unheard of.
Thanks for the clarification.
I would also bet he meant 70.

I am interested in fitting a 33" tire under there.
A couple people have confirmed now that the K03 in LT 275/70R18 fits in the spare location but doesn't have much room to spare. BFG says that tire is 33.2" in diameter. Those run a little smaller than some other brands which list their 275/70R18 tires as 33.43" in diameter. I'm waiting to hear someone has gotten a Duratrac RT or A/T4W (33.43") under there!

He says both 70 and 75 in different comments. I'm skeptical those are 35" tires.
I noticed that, but if you zoom in on the tire sidewall it does appear to say 75 and not 70, but not definitive.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12.52.40 PM.png

The load range is a little easier to read, and appears to be 129/126 which would match up with the 75 size. It definitely doesn't look like 127/124 which would be the 70.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12.54.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12.54.08 PM.png

I’ve got my LC model coming in 7/9. I’ve done probably too much research on tires. I’ve got 20 inch wheels on mine. I’m between the Falken Rubikrek or BFG. BFG is an 8 ply and as a 80% highway driver I just want to know the comfort difference. I’ve had 10 ply BFG on my truck and they rode hard. I’d love to stuff some 33.4 Mickey Thompson Bajas but worried about the fit.

What’s the word? Ride SL for comfort or guy BFG 8 ply?

Back