Tire Upgrade ?

Does anyone happen to have the same info for the 20" wheels. I'd prefer the 18's as well but not sure I'll get the option since most of them seem to be coming with the 20's on them and I don't have the budget right now to do both tires AND wheels.
I haven't checked yet but 20" wheels might be mostly a first batch thing? A little while back when I checked the ones coming to California mostly had the 20" wheels, ones heading to New Mexico didn't. I'm not in a hurry so I've told my dealer no 20" wheels. I don't want pay extra for something I would just end up replacing. Edit: still true, when I checked just now all the local ones are coming with 20" wheels, none in NM seem to have them. Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Albuquerque.

Last edited:
That's really weird! I'm in Tennessee and I did a search within 500 miles and I may have found 1 or 2 that did not have the 20" wheels. I'd fly out to ABQ to get one with 18's but it would probably cost more than just buying new 18' wheels when you add up the airfare, food, hotel(s) and gas to get back to TN. Also, not sure I want to break it in like that.

That's really weird! I'm in Tennessee and I did a search within 500 miles and I may have found 1 or 2 that did not have the 20" wheels. I'd fly out to ABQ to get one with 18's but it would probably cost more than just buying new 18' wheels when you add up the airfare, food, hotel(s) and gas to get back to TN. Also, not sure I want to break it in like that.
The food would be worth it though. No one else makes green chile right.

It’s probably not just New Mexico, I just happened to check there because I was in NM a little while ago. Toyota makes puzzling regional decisions like this.

In case this is useful to anyone else, I started a spreadsheet of options for the stock 18" wheels -- specs plus if anyone here has confirmed they don't rub turning or at full flex. (That second one is a bit tricky.) I'm still slowly adding more options including the data TumeloCruzer already compiled.

2024 Land Cruiser Stock 18" Wheel Tire Options

My three main contenders going into this were the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO3, Falken WildPeak A/T4W, and the Wrangler DuraTrac RT. The K03's were kind of my default, but the lower weight of the other two in stock 265/70R18 non-LT sizes really has me considering that. I wish the K03's or any of them came in non-LT lighter versions in 275/70R18 or 285/70R18, those are more the size range I was thinking. On the other hand I've always run E load range LT tires on the FJ . . .
Are K02’s an option?

OK I am looking at three tires at the moment. Wild Peak AT4W 34.9" 35x11.5R18LT C rated at 62.6 lbs. Or Nitto Recon Grappler 33.74" 285 70 18. E rated at60lbs. Or Nitto Recon Grappler 34.29" 295 70 18 SL rated at 53LBS. I am looking at over all weight, road noise/ ride quality and fitment(with or without lift.) Anybody have any experience with these tires on their LC or previous rides? Also anything larger than a 33" tire will require a lift?

Consensus seems to be that anything larger than 33” is going to rub up front without other modifications

I believe Dissent fit 35x11.5 with no rubbing. 285/70R18 is also proven to have no rubbing.

Edit to add both of these are referring to aftermarket wheels. Have not see either fit on stock wheels.

They had to cut a substantial portion of the front bumper to make them fit.

33s should be fine without a lift.
Pretty sure the cutting was for when they put on the 38s.

Edit: I guess it was minimal trimming. Guessing that means just removing the front fairings in front of the tires and trimming a tiny bit. None-the-less it was still trimming and not 100% stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623_122929_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_122929_Firefox.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Pretty sure the cutting was for when they put on the 38s.

Edit: I guess it was minimal trimming. Guessing that means just removing the front fairings in front of the tires and trimming a tiny bit. None-the-less it was still trimming and not 100% stock.
Their 35s video has some pretty aggressive bumper cuts.

IMG_9266.png

Does anyone know if the OEM tires come with TPMS receivers? If I changed my tires, would I have to buy new TPMS?

Here it is
Icon Alloy Recon SLX 18x9 +40 offset
Falken Wildpeak AT4W: load range C, 285/70/r18 33.7 or Falken claims 34”

I took it over into the desert by my house and tried to get some rub but never felt or heard anything. Here are some quick photos I grabbed but I would say, success!
Did you buy the same size for the spare and did it fit underneath in the spare compartment area?

Fits on mine, barely. A couple mm to spare. I pushed it rearward where it is touching the hitch to gain a little clearance near the diff. It’s close. Don’t think I could fit any larger in the spare.
BFG KO3 275/70R18 @ ~ 33 psi.
Oh wait, you fit your 34" tire in the spare area?? Toyota techs advised me not to put a 33" under there.

They will definitely have TPMS… they are wheel mounted, so changing tires is not an issue. Changing wheels means moving the TPMS or buying new ones.
Agreed, you'd need to shift them over or pay for new ones and then have the installer pair them up with your truck. It was a little funny when I got new wheels on my LX570 and new TPMS. While in the driveway, the truck would try to pair with the old wheels stacked in the garage. Then when I drove off, the computer would freak out a bit and say all my tires were gone basically. I finally offloaded the old wheels and the problem disappeared.

Still no 285/70/18s on a stock rim, right? I have not seen it yet. I know it will work with a few different aftermarket offsets, but stock rim???

Back