Rattle in driver's B pillar (2024 LC)

planisher

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 23, 2024
Media
Ontario, Canada
I picked up my 2024 LC last week and have noticed a slight rattle in the driver's side B pillar. It sounds like it is coming from the seat belt adjustment area. It doesn't happen all the time or going over large bumps. But when hitting a series of smaller bumps (like a rumble strip) I hear a rattle.

Can anyone else confirm this sound is normal (and just part of the seat belt mechanism) or something I should bring up with the dealer? Thanks!

Just had this fixed, took them two days to find. Removed door card, etc. Turned out to be striker for door that just needed adjustment. Not sure what that means, but was thinking worst case scenario like missed spot weld or something and it was simple fix once they narrowed it down. Sound travels on these noises, so not easy to find.

Just had this fixed, took them two days to find. Removed door card, etc. Turned out to be striker for door that just needed adjustment. Not sure what that means, but was thinking worst case scenario like missed spot weld or something and it was simple fix once they narrowed it down. Sound travels on these noises, so not easy to find.
So I think it may be the door release and/or the striker. I wrapped some electrical tape around the striker and that seemed to remove the rattle (it is strange how noise travels). I did try adjusting the striker but there doesn't appear to be much allowance to adjust.

I will drive it a little more with the electrical tape to see if that is really the culprit. You definitely helped me narrow down the cause and I really appreciate it!

I heard this annoying rattle every time the windows were open. After driving me crazy for some time I found it was the tag on the base of the seat belt

The tag was kind of a plasticky material that would make a loud rattling sound in the wind. I cut them off and remove them from both seat belts and the rattle was gone.

So I think it may be the door release and/or the striker. I wrapped some electrical tape around the striker and that seemed to remove the rattle (it is strange how noise travels). I did try adjusting the striker but there doesn't appear to be much allowance to adjust.

I will drive it a little more with the electrical tape to see if that is really the culprit. You definitely helped me narrow down the cause and I really appreciate it!
Well, my rattle is back a week later. It drives me crazy so back to dealer we go.

I also have this rattle sometimes. I'll bring mine up at my 5k checkup.

I picked up my 2024 LC last week and have noticed a slight rattle in the driver's side B pillar. It sounds like it is coming from the seat belt adjustment area. It doesn't happen all the time or going over large bumps. But when hitting a series of smaller bumps (like a rumble strip) I hear a rattle.

Can anyone else confirm this sound is normal (and just part of the seat belt mechanism) or something I should bring up with the dealer? Thanks!
I noticed that there is a fair amount of play in the fuel access door. I can see that being an issue.

I have the same sound, starting to get irritating, especially as it gets more noticeable in the colder morning. Any updates?

Mine is still rattling. I didn't have time to leave the LC with the dealer for them to look at it, but like you, mine is getting worse with the colder weather and I'm going to have to find time to leave it with the dealership. I've seen the Tacoma (TRDJohn) has had similar issues (his was the window). I've tried pushing on the window when it is rattling, and that doesn't see, to stop it. Mine seems to be right behind the armrest, or at least pushing there stops the rattles. I thought about just pulling the door card and putting some sound deadening, but if that doesn't solve it I don't want crap from the dealership for working on it and them blaming me for stuff.

Having taken most of the interior panels out at some point, I took out the front storage trays (just behind the 2nd row seats) and the metal cover over (the Hybrid battery) is basically a metal platform with a lot of movement/adjustment when the two large bolts are removed, probably 1/4" of movement. If those bolts are loose, I'm sure it would rattle, I'm wondering if those bolts are loose if it might sound like it was the "B" pillar. Might be worth your while to flip the rear seat all the way forward and let someone drive you around a bit and listen for it at the bottom/front of the cargo platform.

Back