Rattle in driver's B pillar (2024 LC)

planisher

📛 Founding Member
Jun 23, 2024
Media
Ontario, Canada
I picked up my 2024 LC last week and have noticed a slight rattle in the driver's side B pillar. It sounds like it is coming from the seat belt adjustment area. It doesn't happen all the time or going over large bumps. But when hitting a series of smaller bumps (like a rumble strip) I hear a rattle.

Can anyone else confirm this sound is normal (and just part of the seat belt mechanism) or something I should bring up with the dealer? Thanks!

Just had this fixed, took them two days to find. Removed door card, etc. Turned out to be striker for door that just needed adjustment. Not sure what that means, but was thinking worst case scenario like missed spot weld or something and it was simple fix once they narrowed it down. Sound travels on these noises, so not easy to find.

Just had this fixed, took them two days to find. Removed door card, etc. Turned out to be striker for door that just needed adjustment. Not sure what that means, but was thinking worst case scenario like missed spot weld or something and it was simple fix once they narrowed it down. Sound travels on these noises, so not easy to find.
So I think it may be the door release and/or the striker. I wrapped some electrical tape around the striker and that seemed to remove the rattle (it is strange how noise travels). I did try adjusting the striker but there doesn't appear to be much allowance to adjust.

I will drive it a little more with the electrical tape to see if that is really the culprit. You definitely helped me narrow down the cause and I really appreciate it!

I heard this annoying rattle every time the windows were open. After driving me crazy for some time I found it was the tag on the base of the seat belt

The tag was kind of a plasticky material that would make a loud rattling sound in the wind. I cut them off and remove them from both seat belts and the rattle was gone.

So I think it may be the door release and/or the striker. I wrapped some electrical tape around the striker and that seemed to remove the rattle (it is strange how noise travels). I did try adjusting the striker but there doesn't appear to be much allowance to adjust.

I will drive it a little more with the electrical tape to see if that is really the culprit. You definitely helped me narrow down the cause and I really appreciate it!
Well, my rattle is back a week later. It drives me crazy so back to dealer we go.

• Sad
Reactions: MJE
I also have this rattle sometimes. I'll bring mine up at my 5k checkup.

Back