Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

My salesman did text me today and said it should be next week. Took it with a grain of salt as he's said that twice before.......
Mine didnt have much to say after I threatened to go look at used corvettes . :oops: Still got my fingers crossed yours and mine might be on the same carrier. 🤞

My dealership listed a 2nd LC FE with a -5K dealer mark up, I called and asked the salesman "what gives" that's when I learned the owner was a LC collector and he was buying it along with a 1958. Salesman said "no" they wouldn't match the price. Oh well I had to ask.

Mine was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago, it’s been sitting at Benecia Ca port . Dealer seems to be out of the loop on any details.
Mine too has QC hold , vehicle delayed for 30 days . Benicia Port

Does anyone have experience or wisdom on the likely impact of our LC’s sitting outside, unprotected, with the White plastic on their hoods? That is transport protection and not intended for long-term use. As I have mentioned before, my cars never sit outside, unless I am going to the grocery store. Mine has been outside since April 5th. I’m getting closer to considering canceling and reordering a 2025.

Does anyone have experience or wisdom on the likely impact of our LC’s sitting outside, unprotected, with the White plastic on their hoods? That is transport protection and not intended for long-term use. As I have mentioned before, my cars never sit outside, unless I am going to the grocery store. Mine has been outside since April 5th. I’m getting closer to considering canceling and reordering a 2025.
I'm not sweating mine, its not like its saran wrap, looks like they put a smidge of thought into the product lol. We are not at the 6 month mark yet after all. This may not be the film Toyota uses but it is an Industry supplier .

" Our vehicle transportation protective film is constructed from 2.5 mil coextruded self-adhering plastic that film is made from multiple layers for maximum strength, durability, and puncture-resistance. Competing monolayer products which are constructed from 1 layer are inferior to coextruded films. This film is utilizes a special solvent-based acrylic "cross-linked" adhesive that is anchored into the film, so that the film stays in place yet can be easily removed without leaving any residue behind when your vehicle arrives at the destination. We utilize a special type of modified acrylic adhesive, which has undergone extensive testing and is approved for use by many major auto manufacturers across the globe. We utilize UV inhibitor both in the adhesive and in the film itself, which offers protection from the sun's rays. Competing products without UV inhibitor will degrade within a few months, however, our film is designed to last, protecting your vehicle from the sun for up to 6 months! Moreover, many competing products will advertise that their film has UV inhibitor, however, they are often only referring to the UV inhibitor in the film itself - our film has UV inhibitor in both the adhesive and in the film!"

I'm not saying damage is impossible, but it really isn't uncommon for cars to sit at port for a little while. 2 months shouldn't hurt them.

It is good not to be in a hurry, especially in a first year model having distribution issues. I am waiting to test drive a loaded FE coming in but would rather have an LC with the premium option. Have not seen much info on availability lately for FEs and LCs. Toyota is being secretive methinks.

Im sure every vehicle you’ve bought before was never outside. Before during or after you bought it. If it’s that much of a worry, I’d definitely not buy one.

My 5th gen 4Runner hasn’t seen a garage in 4 years, the paint looks just as good as the day I bought it… I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I'm not worried about it in the least. I'm confident that dealer prep includes film removal and a buff job if needed. Just make sure you look it over good before you accept it.

Man is out here treating cars better than I treat most people lol

If it were me I would probably still accept mine but I Don’t blame you for Wanting a new car to be protected- it’s a much anticipated investment -

Consider this...... Vinyl wrap can stay on a vehicle for a year and still be easily removed. I figure 2-3 months isn't a big deal.

I am really hoping/expecting that Toyota will release mine by June 17th, which is 30 days after the 30 day QC was initiated. Time will tell.

I am really hoping/expecting that Toyota will release mine by June 17th, which is 30 days after the 30 day QC was initiated. Time will tell.
Same here, I’ve got camping tickets to the PNW Overland Expo at the end of the month - and going in a rental would just be a letdown..

still waiting for mine to reappear online, it has disappeared from SmartPath and dealership site for approx 2 weeks now and has last 2 PIOs (TRD air filter and illuminated door sills) besides the QC hold

still waiting for mine to reappear online, it has disappeared from SmartPath and dealership site for approx 2 weeks now and has last 2 PIOs (TRD air filter and illuminated door sills) besides the QC hold
Mines still missing as well.

Mine is missing as well for the last couple of weeks and lost the door sill POI. LC grade Premium package
How do you see which POIs are still on your vehicle? Smartpath doesn't show my vehicle, and the My Toyota account website is giving me a 'site temporarily unavailable' error.

Back