Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

My LC doesnt show up in smartpath either (none of my dealers LC's do...?), but my dealer gave me a guest.dealer.toyota.com link that shows the build sheet with all the POIs. Looks like it has a dealer ID and the VIN in it.

If you have the guest dealer link for your build, you can follow the second half of this video to pull up some extra details like status and ETA

Does your dealership's webpage still show it? Smartpath does not show my VIN anymore either. However, the dealership's site does. The vehicle shows a price reduction and two of the POI option have dropped off the build.

Last edited:
My LC trim (no premium, no sun/moon roof) never showed on smartpath or the dealers website, but it still shows from guest.dealer.toyota.

I was not able to add my VIN into the toyota.com "my dashboard" until last week, when my "dealerCategory" switched from A to F. My ETA also jumped up a few days when this happened, from 6/6-6/22 to 6/4-6/20. Dealer said it was supposed to be going through customs last friday. Haven't heard any updates since

From the guest dealer site, it shows 2 PIO's: illuminated door sills and roof rack (this has never changed)
From the toyota dashboard it only shows the door sills

How do you see which POIs are still on your vehicle? Smartpath doesn't show my vehicle, and the My Toyota account website is giving me a 'site temporarily unavailable' error.
When it finally processes you get an updated window sticker. Mine showed the PIO options dropped just before it got put on a train.

My LC doesnt show up in smartpath either (none of my dealers LC's do...?), but my dealer gave me a guest.dealer.toyota.com link that shows the build sheet with all the POIs. Looks like it has a dealer ID and the VIN in it.

If you have the guest dealer link for your build, you can follow the second half of this video to pull up some extra details like status and ETA
This worked for me. I used Chrome and the syntax is a little different now, but I was able to get the information. vspec? shows port, so I assume that means vehicle is at the port, but the status shows allocated… Anyway, thanks, it’s a big help.

This worked for me. I used Chrome and the syntax is a little different now, but I was able to get the information. vspec? shows port, so I assume that means vehicle is at the port, but the status shows allocated… Anyway, thanks, it’s a big help.
Can you share the syntax difference? It would be nice not to bother my dealer requesting updates. Thanks!

Can you share the syntax difference? It would be nice not to bother my dealer requesting updates. Thanks!
From the guest.dealer.toyota.com page in chrome:

steps in the video:
right click the page, go to "inspect element"
Go to the network tab
refresh the page

Slightly differnet:
sort the responses by name (click the name column)
scroll down to "vspec?includeMediaSource=PORT"
open the preview

relevant fields:
dealerCategory - A = allocated?, F = freight?
ETA - the dates

Do you know which port it was coming from?
Mine left the Seattle port on April 28th, was due to be delivered May 20-25th the the QC hold hit a few days before delivery.

Where do you get that link? I copied the one in the thread but it is just endlessly loading…

I think you have to get it from the dealer, its formatted like this:
DEALERID = 5 digits

Code:
https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/{DEALERID}/{VIN}/detail?k={reallylongkey}

Last edited:
You can get the dealer ID on the Toyota website. Search for your dealer and the address bar will contain the dealer ID. Plug the VIN in the code and see if it pulls up the guest page

I see. So it’s more than dealer ID and VIN… Well if folks can get hold of that salesman generated page, then the information can be helpful?

Nothing mentioned above worked for me, I just texted my salesman for their code, finger crossed......

Last edited:
I've been deep in the rabbit hole the last 2 hours or so trying to find any way to access the web page without a dealer link. No dice yet. Seems the only way is to get a link.

My dealer sent me a scanned-in print out of the website, but not a link. Seems im back to impatiently waiting.

Is everyone here with QC Holds Mid-Tier Trims or is this applying to FE & 1958 too?

The QC Hold reminds me when the BZ4X got delayed cause the bolts weren't secured right on the wheels :ROFLMAO:. Doubt it's anything that major, just something that either needs to be inspected or swapped. Hopefully we'll know more in a week or two.

The waiting game is hard, gotta continue distracting myself...
Mine is Trail Dust FE. It is on rail Quality Control Hold. The waiting game is challenging but my Salesman and I converse every Friday. At this point we joke about the waiting game. Might as well make it friendly.

Back