Comparison of lighting quality between square v. round headlights?

IMO the rounds are plenty bright, probably the same as the squares.

That being said, what I did notice is they are aimed kind of low. I haven't dove into adjusting the focal point yet, but it seems to me the focal point is low.

IMO the rounds are plenty bright, probably the same as the squares.

That being said, what I did notice is they are aimed kind of low. I haven't dove into adjusting the focal point yet, but it seems to me the focal point is low.
I would agree, I did have my dealership set mine higher but now they’re too high at some point I’ll need to adjust them down a little bit. Having said that adjusting them higher helped with the shadows being in your view site.

But wait, post #11 above; the LC has auto headlight leveling. So do you still need to adjust manually?

But wait, post #11 above; the LC has auto headlight leveling. So do you still need to adjust manually?

On some headlights the housing can be adjusted or the default “level” adjusted and still work with auto level. It doesn’t take very many degrees of elevation or depression to significantly change the throw of the low and high beams.

On some headlights the housing can be adjusted or the default “level” adjusted and still work with auto level. It doesn’t take very many degrees of elevation or depression to significantly change the throw of the low and high beams.
Ok got it. Thanks for the explanation.

I could be wrong here, but I thought I read in the manual that it’s also weight related for auto leveling. I also could be wrong abt what that means to me, If it is just me 99% of the time and my 65 pound golden retriever that may not help me much. So I had mine adjusted because from the get-go you could see about 12 feet in front of you at night and it was not auto leveling and coming up to help with line of sight- at all. They needed to be raised. Just my Experience with them.

I could be wrong here, but I thought I read in the manual that it’s also weight related for auto leveling. I also could be wrong abt what that means to me, If it is just me 99% of the time and my 65 pound golden retriever that may not help me much. So I had mine adjusted because from the get-go you could see about 12 feet in front of you at night and it was not auto leveling and coming up to help with line of sight- at all. They needed to be raised. Just my Experience with them.
Granted I’m 50 and don’t see quite as great as I use to, but in this photo driving at a mere 25MPH, if I didn’t know the road I could have been in some trouble. Right before and after that road marker there is an extremely sharp blind corner and a low water crossing - and both would be challenging to see. Raising them has helped see those conditions. That whole turn around don’t drown .. with that lighting it’s a little more sketchy. You will just have to trust me on that 🤓

Attachments

• IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 39
Back