Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Salesman just sent me a screenshot, no change, still under the 30 day QC Hold, no estimated delivery date. Mine is currently sitting at the Newark port. Looking more like mid-June when this will get resolved 🙁

Looked at mine. Still shows May 24th to June 5th. I did not know if after 12 was east coast or west coast.

Looked at mine. Still shows May 24th to June 5th. I did not know if after 12 was east coast or west coast.
But what trim do you have, and options, mine is Mid-Tier w/ Premium Package (aka with a Sunroof).

I have a Heritage Blue FE on hold as well. Was supposed to be delivered at the latest today before the hold. My dealer said he would text me if it changed but I haven’t heard anything so far.

Just in contact with my dealer and he confirmed that Toyota is investigating all LCs with a sunroof and hopefully clearing them soon. He passed along that there is a problem affecting about 1% of them where the drain channel is not draining properly.
Take this with all skepticism due towards random guy on the forum passing along information from random salesperson at random dealer in Colorado. 😁

Last edited:
Just in contact with my dealer and he confirmed that Toyota is investigating all LCs with a sunroof and hopefully clearing them soon. He passed along that there is a problem affecting about 1% of them where the drain channel is not draining properly.
Take this with all skeptics due towards random guy on the forum passing along information from random salesperson at random dealer in Colorado. 😁
Sounds legit, even in the age of AI! Thanks 👊🏼

FWIW…mine now states expected availability of 6/5. Not sure how real this is though.

FWIW…mine now states expected availability of 6/5. Not sure how real this is though.
Where do you think it is or has been sitting? in a port or a train yard?

Jersey I think but I have no way of knowing that. It’s logical that the LCs for the Northeast goes to NJ as a port

Last edited:
I was informed by the dealer that my LC with the premium package would be available for pick up in approximately 7 days, 2 weeks ago and naturally I was very excited. Unfortunately my LC got caught up in the QC hold and haven’t received an update on a new delivery date…

I spoke with the owner of the dealership (he collects LCs and has 7 spanning the years) he said that it was a sunroof issue, couldn't get any particulars on the exact issue, and they were being released after inspection and the 1958 weren't affected. My theory is........ once they have cleared enough to fill a train car to a specific area, they ship that batch. So with more unaffected vehicles entering the system and filling up those train cars.......... hopefully some of us will actually take delivery before Christmas.

Back