Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

So I entered my Vin # into the owners portal and it shows a green check next to No recall. I have never looked at it but I wonder if that is new or current?
mines had a green check for over a month but disappeared from smartpath and lost its ETA (originally 5/17 - 5/31)

So I entered my Vin # into the owners portal and it shows a green check next to No recall. I have never looked at it but I wonder if that is new or current?
Mine has had the same green checkmark listed for the past month, so I don't think this represents the actual status.

It was also removed from smart path about 10 days ago.

mines had a green check for over a month but disappeared from smartpath and lost its ETA (originally 5/17 - 5/31)
Huh, I have no access to smart path and the dates on mine have slipped, but still show a 5/24 to 6/5 delivery. I guess tomorrow that will change.

Nice to see someone else's who got removed. I originally had roughly the same ETA (Shifted to the right a few days) and mine has been completely missing from toyota.com/search-inventory for about 10 days. Mine and 2 others with the same ETA all disappeared at the same time. I keep checking to see if it's back but no luck yet.

Interestingly the sales person has not indicated any issue, and the allocation is still on my dealer's website.

Huh, I have no access to smart path and the dates on mine have slipped, but still show a 5/24 to 6/5 delivery. I guess tomorrow that will change.
SmartPath is accessible to everyone. It's just the inventory search on the Toyota site

Nice to see someone else's who got removed. I originally had roughly the same ETA (Shifted to the right a few days) and mine has been completely missing from toyota.com/search-inventory for about 10 days. Mine and 2 others with the same ETA all disappeared at the same time. I keep checking to see if it's back but no luck yet.

Interestingly the sales person has not indicated any issue, and the allocation is still on my dealer's website.
This is the 2nd time mine disappeared (it reappeared once already with 1 PIO option removed the TRD air filter). So I assume it will reappear again at some point.

This is the 2nd time mine disappeared (it reappeared once already with 1 PIO option removed the TRD air filter). So I assume it will reappear again at some point.
I'm hoping so. I had heard about that happening with PIO, but the only PIOs mine has are the cable kit and the door edge guards. Im hoping it was just some mix-up in the system at the port and once the hold is lifted they'll just be delivered as normal.

The pessimist in me wonders if the ones that got removed have been identified as having the issue that is under study.

I'm hoping so. I had heard about that happening with PIO, but the only PIOs mine has are the cable kit and the door edge guards. Im hoping it was just some mix-up in the system at the port and once the hold is lifted they'll just be delivered as normal.

The pessimist in me wonders if the ones that got removed have been identified as having the issue that is under study.

Everything has been rumor(s) up to this point. I wish I had answers just like everyone else in purgatory. My status says QC hold on 5/17 for 30 days and to check back on FRIDAYS after 12pm.

So who knows, maybe a QC hold release at some point or were lucky to get cars by July 4th

I’ll say it again. The GM of the largest Toyota dealership in the Midwest told me two days ago that Toyota never releases the reason for these holds even to the dealerships. They only leak the information once they have addressed the issue. My Land Cruiser first edition has been sitting in the port in Portland since 4 April. I haven’t seen anything legitimate that suggest it’s a sunroof issue or any other specific issue. It’s disappointing because my cars never sit outside in the sun and my brand new Land Cruiser has been sitting out in a parking lot since the first week of April. If it goes on for too many more months, I’ll cancel my order and reorder in the fall. At this stage, I’m hoping for a July delivery, though mine was supposed to arrive in early May. Good luck to everyone. I guess the risks associated with ordering the first year of a new automobile may be coming true for us. I’m still hopeful, It’ll be a great vehicle in the end based on what others are saying who were able to take delivery. Dr. M

It’s disappointing because my cars never sit outside in the sun and my brand new Land Cruiser has been sitting out in a parking lot since the first week of April.
You don't have to worry about your Land Cruiser sitting in the sun at Portland. There's only been a couple days of full sun this year. I guess I'd rather have it at Portland than somewhere in California if I got to choose. Pollen is about the only thing that is getting on it but that will wash right off. Hopefully that gives you a bit of comfort.

At this point I don't particularly care about the reason behind the hold other than hoping it's minor so I get my LC faster.

You don't have to worry about your Land Cruiser sitting in the sun at Portland. There's only been a couple days of full sun this year. I guess I'd rather have it at Portland than somewhere in California if I got to choose. Pollen is about the only thing that is getting on it but that will wash right off. Hopefully that gives you a bit of comfort.
Thanks for that. Very helpful.

That's why I like the grayscape roof. I have a FE blue and greyscape roof coming in and really want LC Premium with roof rails if a surge comes at year end. Must be patient...

Interesting, where is this one? Wonder if one area has been more successful in checking the issue and processing stuff through
I guess the other question is: is the QC hold cleared vehicle by vehicle or is it a systemic, clear them all or big blocks of them.

If it is a sunroof issue that requires inspection and maybe part replacement on some it seems like they should go one by one, if there is a software issue but no patch ready yet it seems like the whole lot could be held and then released at once.

I guess the other question is: is the QC hold cleared vehicle by vehicle or is it a systemic, clear them all or big blocks of them.
From member TBounds who is picking up his FE tomorrow ,maybe just maybe they are starting to clear a few after an inspection perhaps? All speculation at this point. ....
Was it ever on the QC hold?
The only hold I was aware of was after it arrived at dealers lot the had a stop sale for about a week , before it was released for sale . They did not do any work on it

From member TBounds who is picking up his FE tomorrow ,maybe just maybe they are starting to clear a few after an inspection perhaps? All speculation at this point. ....

The only hold I was aware of was after it arrived at dealers lot the had a stop sale for about a week , before it was released for sale . They did not do any work on it
One can hope - we’ll see if they post any updates for dealers tomorrow..

One can hope - we’ll see if they post any updates for dealers tomorrow..
Mine was due at the dealer the day after the QC hold was announced. I am assuming mine has been sitting in the train yard for the last 2 weeks waiting to be cleared hopefully. TBounds is picking his up in TN which is where I am too so fingers crossed maybe tomorrow at some point some members might get an update? .

Back