Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Guessing my LC was on the boat with some of you all!

Build date 5/24/2024
Ship left Japan 6/1/2024 (PYXIS LEADER)
Arrived at port of Newark, NJ 6/29/2024

Estimated Arrival at Dealership 07/18, 07/25, 07/28, 08/01 08/05 08/11-08/23

* Edited to Update Date

Last edited:
Guessing my LC was on the boat with some of you all!

Build date 5/24/2024
Ship left Japan 6/1/2024 (PYXIS LEADER)
Arrived at port of Newark, NJ 6/29/2024

Estimated Arrival at Dealership 07/18, 07/25, 07/28, 08/01
Mine is supposed to be delivered the week of 8/1 as well

Just got a text from my dealer that my LC is set to “clear customs” today. At the same time I noticed the delivery window on the Toyota site narrowed by a few days. The dealer says it will be 3-4 weeks from this point.
Update: My dealer called today and said it will be put on a truck and should arrive within the next 10 days! I also noticed that the ETA window on Toyota’s site narrowed to 7/31-8/7!

Deposit Aug
manufactured in May.
Arrived at Portland Oregon port 6/29
ETA to dealer 7/3, 7/19, 7/27, now 8/1. As of today still in F mode.

Last edited:
Anyone else waiting on their delivery from a vessel that arrived into Newark July 11th? I've only had a deposit down for 1 month so can't really complain, but watching the ETA get pushed out from 7/29 to 8/11 doesn't make it easier. The window sticker is now available. I've got 18" TRD wheels waiting in the garage, FE skids on order and a final tire decision to make and can't wait for the arrival to get to work on this thing for some fall trips!

Anyone else waiting on their delivery from a vessel that arrived into Newark July 11th? I've only had a deposit down for 1 month so can't really complain, but watching the ETA get pushed out from 7/29 to 8/11 doesn't make it easier. The window sticker is now available. I've got 18" TRD wheels waiting in the garage, FE skids on order and a final tire decision to make and can't wait for the arrival to get to work on this thing for some fall trips!
Mine made it to Newark on 06/29. I've seen a bunch of ETAs come and go (07/18, 07/25, 07/28, 08/01, 08/05). At this point there's no ETA posted online, but the dealer is telling me between 08/11 and 08/23. So we'll see what happens! The waiting isn't easy at all...

Mine made it to Newark on 06/29. I've seen a bunch of ETAs come and go (07/18, 07/25, 07/28, 08/01, 08/05). At this point there's no ETA posted online, but the dealer is telling me between 08/11 and 08/23. So we'll see what happens! The waiting isn't easy at all...
To be honest I was going to wait etc.......... but myself and several others found the same vehicle at a different dealer, cheaper than what I was going to pay, in my case 8K....... never hurts to call around.

To be honest I was going to wait etc.......... but myself and several others found the same vehicle at a different dealer, cheaper than what I was going to pay, in my case 8K....... never hurts to call around.
I agree. The dealer that I bought (MSRP) Miss Daisy from in Gainesville, Georgia has three on the lot now. Two 1958’s and a LC LC premium.

I wish there were any on a lot within a few hours from here but I'm not looking to be flexible on the color and the LC LC trim without the premium package are non-existent near my area. It seems a "boatload" or two of these builds have landed at the port, but just haven't been delivered to dealers. I've got multiple dealers willing to sell at MSRP without add-ons, but just need to wait until some units actually get trucked to the dealers.

I wish there were any on a lot within a few hours from here but I'm not looking to be flexible on the color and the LC LC trim without the premium package are non-existent near my area. It seems a "boatload" or two of these builds have landed at the port, but just haven't been delivered to dealers. I've got multiple dealers willing to sell at MSRP without add-ons, but just need to wait until some units actually get trucked to the dealers.
Did you get your car yet?
I was told my sales since early July that the car has landed at the port, but up to today there is still no car delivered. Everything is hold up at the port in California.
If Toyota builds 50 LC a day, that must be already 3000~4000 cars stuck at the port right now waiting for whatever...

Back