Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Just saw this news today, it is a week old already:

It sounds like more delay is to be expected. Does anybody know which trim is affected by this?
The article you posted stated "Models affected, 100%" so since the 2024 LC was listed, one would assume all trim levels. They are sending a replacement label in the mail for current owners. There was a post somewhere on this forum addressing what the weight label indicated vs advertised weight limits...........

Just saw this news today, it is a week old already:

It sounds like more delay is to be expected. Does anybody know which trim is affected by this?
This is a total non-issue. If you read the detail, they're going to give you a new sticker.

This is a total non-issue. If you read the detail, they're going to give you a new sticker.
Of course I did read it. I was just wondering if they would give us more delivery delay given now all the unsold cars needs to wait for this label to arrive, even at the port, to correct the problem.

What was the average quality control delay experienced? My FE arrived at port in Portland 6/29. Many ETA's have come and gone and now no more eta's are even listed anymore. Its stuck in "quality control" as my dealer states. I am trying to figure out what I am really looking at for wait time. Currently it has been almost 7 weeks since arrival to port. Is it going to be 3 months? longer, shorter?

What was the average quality control delay experienced? My FE arrived at port in Portland 6/29. Many ETA's have come and gone and now no more eta's are even listed anymore. Its stuck in "quality control" as my dealer states. I am trying to figure out what I am really looking at for wait time. Currently it has been almost 7 weeks since arrival to port. Is it going to be 3 months? longer, shorter?
It’s very hard to say. Some of the QC is to fix the sun roof drains. Then there is a shortage of FE roof racks, and no telling what else.

My FE arrived on 06/18 in Portland as well. I have a contact who reached out to Portland Logistics and they said it is waiting on a roof rack. Pretty poor planning on Toyota’s end for releasing a new vehicle with a rack they can’t source. I’m probably selling the rack shortly after it arrives which is frustrating as I would just tell them to delete it and send it on without and pass the savings on but Toyota doesn’t want to mess with a bunch of custom requests like that.

My FE arrived on 06/18 in Portland as well. I have a contact who reached out to Portland Logistics and they said it is waiting on a roof rack. Pretty poor planning on Toyota’s end for releasing a new vehicle with a rack they can’t source. I’m probably selling the rack shortly after it arrives which is frustrating as I would just tell them to delete it and send it on without and pass the savings on but Toyota doesn’t want to mess with a bunch of custom requests like that.
Ha almost the same as my story. My dealer gave me a new expectation of delivery next week but I have very little confidence right now.

Today the Lexus dealer also called me saying they have a GX550 Trail+ ready if I want to pickup this week. That put me in a very difficult spot. They are 95% identical but I do want to have a hybrid not for saving fuel but longer cruising range. But if I want to keep waiting for LC it could easily be another 3 months or god know how long.

Another dealer is getting same FE in trail dust on the 20th with no QA hold so I might switch and pick that up instead. Only have $1000 refundable deposit down anyways on original.

I always feel confused why Toyota always show on the website “Build your vehicle” ? I think they can manage it quite simple and quite well with something they did to Land Cruiser - just offer more trim or packages, instead of these A-Z options that their customer can never custom build into the car.
Interestingly enough I did the build your vehicle and sent to a few dealerships and one was able to tag one with everything I wanted. Color, trim, options etc.

Interestingly enough I did the build your vehicle and sent to a few dealerships and one was able to tag one with everything I wanted. Color, trim, options etc.
I think that is more like matchmaking. You got lucky get a perfect match

Finally getting mine next week Monday at HQ. It's been a long long wait since I placed an order in mid February. Can't wait!!

I just got the most detailed update from my dealership so far (after I told them that I got an offer for Lexus GX OverTrail+)
Apparently for my area (NorCal) they are having all the cars hold at Benicia port. The roof rack will finally arrive next Monday so I assume in a few days we can see many dealers in Bay areas have their long awaited LC arrived in the garage.

Anyone else waiting on their delivery from a vessel that arrived into Newark July 11th? I've only had a deposit down for 1 month so can't really complain, but watching the ETA get pushed out from 7/29 to 8/11 doesn't make it easier. The window sticker is now available. I've got 18" TRD wheels waiting in the garage, FE skids on order and a final tire decision to make and can't wait for the arrival to get to work on this thing for some fall trips!
At least you got the cross bars. I had to order a set from eBay...

I'm trying to avoid being an over-eager pest for my dealer, but...two questions I hope someone can help me out with.

1. How often does the information on the Toyota website with tracking information get updated? Is it daily? Once a week? I got the idea during the QC hold that the update only occurred on Fridays at a specific time.

2. I'd like to get the link from the dealer so I can track the delivery status myself. What information should I give the dealer to get the link I can use to keep myself updated? I sent the salesman an example, but he wasn't able to get me the link.

I've got an LC Premium in Heritage Blue on the way. No dealer markup, no silly fees, and the only add-ons are the 20" wheels and a rear cargo mat.

Thanks for any help!

I'm trying to avoid being an over-eager pest for my dealer, but...two questions I hope someone can help me out with.

1. How often does the information on the Toyota website with tracking information get updated? Is it daily? Once a week? I got the idea during the QC hold that the update only occurred on Fridays at a specific time.

2. I'd like to get the link from the dealer so I can track the delivery status myself. What information should I give the dealer to get the link I can use to keep myself updated? I sent the salesman an example, but he wasn't able to get me the link.

I've got an LC Premium in Heritage Blue on the way. No dealer markup, no silly fees, and the only add-ons are the 20" wheels and a rear cargo mat.

Thanks for any help!
What my experience is, you can only track production -shipping -Port arrival, after that you have to pester your dealer.. remember, you’re paying a lot of money. The least they can do is look it up on the computer for you.
I assumed the Friday updates were just during quality control holds. Otherwise, my dealer updated me as the car moved from port to freight, which means a rail ride. more than likely, You’re also are from Missouri so You will get a rail ride. Someone else may have better advice, but I say you need to contact your dealer and ask them for an update pick out some good days like Tuesdays and Fridays so that you don’t have to go more than two or three days in between.

What my experience is, you can only track production -shipping -Port arrival, after that you have to pester your dealer.. remember, you’re paying a lot of money. The least they can do is look it up on the computer for you.
I assumed the Friday updates were just during quality control holds. Otherwise, my dealer updated me as the car moved from port to freight, which means a rail ride. more than likely, You’re also are from Missouri so You will get a rail ride. Someone else may have better advice, but I say you need to contact your dealer and ask them for an update pick out some good days like Tuesdays and Fridays so that you don’t have to go more than two or three days in between.
Thanks for the advice! Yes, my LC is (was?) on rails and is/was due in KC on 27 August. So, I guess they'll just have to let me pester them a little bit!

Thanks for the advice! Yes, my LC is (was?) on rails and is/was due in KC on 27 August. So, I guess they'll just have to let me pester them a little bit!
I seriously would call them every three days. If they don’t call you. Trust me when I say that they’re not gonna remember that you pestered them after you buy your car from them. As a matter of fact, if they are anything like my dealership there’s no follow up care, concern ect after the sell so get after them - because Service is the only ppl you will deal with from here out -

Back