PPF for Door Handles?

BigMF

📛 Founding Member
May 29, 2024
Media
Nashville, TN
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser Premium, 2011 Lexus LX570 (Retired)
Has anyone looked at putting PPF on the door handles? I have the factory/port installed PPF and it protects the paint on the door. However, the shiny black plastic on the door handles are going to get scuffed pretty quick in my opinion.

Any reason why PPF shouldn't/couldn't be applied the door handles? I know there is a little dimple on the front handle for the "touch lock" but I can work around that probably. Also, thinking the PPF might interfere with that "touch lock" feature but that's not a deal breaker to me.

Has anyone looked at putting PPF on the door handles? I have the factory/port installed PPF and it protects the paint on the door. However, the shiny black plastic on the door handles are going to get scuffed pretty quick in my opinion.

Any reason why PPF shouldn't/couldn't be applied the door handles? I know there is a little dimple on the front handle for the "touch lock" but I can work around that probably. Also, thinking the PPF might interfere with that "touch lock" feature but that's not a deal breaker to me.
Might consider, masking everything and use some of that peel-off paint (avail at the parts store). I used it on my Taco for the mirrors (were chrome and I didn't like it) The paint lasted for a year or so before rock chips had too much chrome showing through again and I opted to just buy black covers the 2nd time around.

Might consider, masking everything and use some of that peel-off paint (avail at the parts store). I used it on my Taco for the mirrors (were chrome and I didn't like it) The paint lasted for a year or so before rock chips had too much chrome showing through again and I opted to just buy black covers the 2nd time around.
Yeah, that might be an option for sure.

Plastidip and tacos make sense; not sure i could bring myself to plastidip the 58

Plastidip and tacos make sense; not sure i could bring myself to plastidip the 58
I'm just thinking about the door handles. They look great right now but within in a few months, they are going to be scuffed and rough looking I think.

Back