Oil and Filter Change, easy peasy.

Toyota drain plugs have been the same thread size and pitch for well over a decade now.

Good old Fumoto F133n will work great.
I think the F103N supersedes the F133N. Still waiting on a reply from Fumoto..

EDIT: The F133N supersedes the older F103N. Sorry.

Last edited:
I was about to pull the trigger on the Fumoto valve but came across this one. Stainless steel, looks more appropriate for an off road vehicle. Probably makes sense to keep the drain tube attachment in the vehicle in case you drop it off for an oil change. Thoughts? I'll finally get my LC in a couple weeks so not sure if this is too large compared to the Fumoto?

Quick Twist Oil Drain Valve

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 4.42.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 4.43.45 PM.png

Last edited:
I been using Fumoto valves for many years in just about everything I own. One of the reasons I went with them is the spring loaded on/off lever and an additional safety clip that prevents the lever from moving. A lot would have to go wrong in order for it to accidently open.........

I been using Fumoto valves for many years in just about everything I own. One of the reasons I went with them is the spring loaded on/off lever and an additional safety clip that prevents the lever from moving. A lot would have to go wrong in order for it to accidently open.........
I've used fumoto valve's as well on my vehicles. Reading some of the comments made it sound like in the Land Cruiser it might be a bit vulnerable which was why I was curious about this other design since it looks more rugged being stainless steel rather than brass. I'll have the FE skid plates and it sounds like you aren't too concerned. Fumoto is definitely more proven for longevity. Thanks for the input.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Fumoto valve but came across this one. Stainless steel, looks more appropriate for an off road vehicle. Probably makes sense to keep the drain tube attachment in the vehicle in case you drop it off for an oil change. Thoughts? I'll finally get my LC in a couple weeks so not sure if this is too large compared to the Fumoto?

Quick Twist Oil Drain Valve

View attachment 10233View attachment 10234

1.) Scotty Kilmer is an annoying, poorly informed, click bait producing moron. Linking, mentioning, or otherwise spreading one of his videos should result in public ridicule and punishment such as shaving one of your eyebrows off.

2.) The Fumoto is a proven product and unlike the other product you have linked, the Fumoto is made of brass which is great because it will not corrode. Stainless steel will still corrode, and over time and exposure to heat the rubber O rings the product Scotty is trying to sell will degrade and need to be replaced.

3.) If you end up bashing the valve somehow, brass is soft and will deform first. Stainless will not, and could instead damage the oil pan. Both could still do damage, but the brass is slightly less likely to be a problem.

1.) Scotty Kilmer is an annoying, poorly informed, click bait producing moron. Linking, mentioning, or otherwise spreading one of his videos should result in public ridicule and punishment such as shaving one of your eyebrows off.

2.) The Fumoto is a proven product and unlike the other product you have linked, the Fumoto is made of brass which is great because it will not corrode. Stainless steel will still corrode, and over time and exposure to heat the rubber O rings the product Scotty is trying to sell will degrade and need to be replaced.
Agree on his click bait titles and voice. Was just one of the first reviews that came up when I found the product. The 2nd video I think is more helpful. I can tell you have a strong opinion here and that's fine. The reviews on the Quick Twist are good. Every product has it's downside.

If we didn't have to crawl under the vehicle to replace the oil filter, i would seriously consider getting and using one of these after the first couple of oil changes. The mityvac 7201 is a more compact design but seems to take quite a while to extract the oil. Impressive how little oil is left in the pan with this one linked below. Price is prohibitive for most casual home users.

I think the F133 supersedes the F103, the change being a larger diameter drain orifice in the valve body and ball valve.
Thanks!!!

You are 100% correct.. 😬😬

My bad!!!

Last edited:

3.) If you end up bashing the valve somehow, brass is soft and will deform first. Stainless will not, and could instead damage the oil pan. Both could still do damage, but the brass is slightly less likely to be a problem.
But everyone of your listed vehicles Scotty recommends lol...I know what you mean but I have got use to him and some of his stuff has been helpful.

I still would prefer to use the Fumoto...hopefully will hear something soon on this thread so I can get one ordered (y)🙏

I wouldn’t worry about bend or break the Fumoto (or any other) valve there
The oil pan is protected by the crossmember and behind the axle
Tucked up pretty good
This and the (ideally aftermarket or FE) skid plate, you should be good
Unless you do some massive bending don’t there…
Then you have really big problems at this point

IMG_5645.jpeg

Another oil change here, 1798 miles. Nothing unusual about it, gasoline smells, metal ingots falling out, etc. Just a simple oil and filter, 5.9 qts of Mobil 1 in. That’s a small filter and I had the correct size filter wrench for it.

I wouldn’t worry about bend or break the Fumoto (or any other) valve there
The oil pan is protected by the crossmember and behind the axle
Tucked up pretty good
This and the (ideally aftermarket or FE) skid plate, you should be good
Unless you do some massive bending don’t there…
Then you have really big problems at this point

View attachment 10285
Is this on a 24 L,C? If so what fumoto part number is it?

Back